PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search for tags by tag attributes (tag advanced search)

Be able to search for tags by their tag attributes (point source, location 1, uom, etc.)

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add description to search results

Show description information in the search results when searching for PI tags and AF attributes.

Just showing the Tag Name is not helpful on sites with large volumes of complexly named tags. Descriptions are shown in a tooltip when hovering over search results however description information needs to be more prominent.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to Collapse/Expand Attribute category sections in Asset Search Pane

By default, the attributes shown for an asset in the Asset Search Pane, are all shown under their categories with no ability to collapse a given section. The can mean that the user has to scroll down a considerable amount in order to find the attributes they need (see screenshot 1). Screenshot 2 shows an example of how the "Real-Time Data" may be beneath under attribute sections, that while may be important at times, are not collapsible to make it quicker and easier to get to a section the user may access much more frequently. Of course, one can make…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search for assets by attribute value

User Story: Search for assets by attribute value: As a process engineer, I want to retrieve assets of a particular type by specifying an attribute value like Production SO THAT I can find the specific assets that I'm looking for.

For example, find me all wells where Production < 1000.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filter attributes in the attributes section of the search pane

Be able to filter/search on attribute names (or UOM) in the attributes pane under a selected asset/element.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PI Vision - Tag search results should show both name and description

As a user creating PI Vision displays, I would like to see the tag descriptions as part of search results so that I can quickly and easily spot the right tag I am looking for.

In the current version of PI Vision I have to hoover the tag search results to see the tag description which is time-consuming.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Manual Search of Assets in PI Vision Display

Adding functionality to manually search for assets under a parent element without the pre-populated asset dropdown list in a PI Vision display. This can be used when there are many assets listed under the parent element with the same template (i.e. 70,000+ transformers listed under parent element Transformers).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display Current Value on Hover

When searching for a tag, hovering over the tag will currently display the description. It would be helpful to also show the most recent value for the tag, along with the time stamp.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. search by description

Search by a tag description on search. Currently you must search by when using PI AF, we use tagnames, so using tag descriptions would make the queries esier when searching for a specific system with just the description.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. search functionality to find PI Vision display by PI point name

PI Vision mobile can search all displays which includes PI point we entered in search box. This functionality is very useful so please enhance to add this functionality for general PI Vision (non-mobile).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. support querying by pipoint attributes

As a user, with points in different pointsources, I would like to use PI Point Query Syntax to specify a specific point source.

Since Vision 2020 is now using AFSDK instead of crawler, the search text box should allow ability to search by any query syntax permitted.

Without this capability, users will drag historical tags onto the screen, and then wonder why the tag is failing to update, or is "Scan-Off".

In the absence of this capability, when a single tag is selected in the search result, the ability to right click to context menu (or displaying this information in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED