PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switch between elements in PI Vision mobile

As a user of PI Vision mobile (iPhone), I need to be able to use existing element-relative displays on the mobile website and switch between assets so that I can dynamically see relevant data for multiple pieces of equipment

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add favorite displays PI Coresight mobile site

Enhancement Request: Allow all PI Coresight users, phone/tablet/desktop, to access and set Favorite displays.

Customer Issue: The mobile site allows you to pull up recently viewed displays and search for displays, but you do not have direct access to your favorite displays marked on the desktop/tablet Home page.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 113856.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Android app for PI Coresight (PI Vision)

As a mobile user of PI Coresight on Android devices, I would like to see an Android app so that I can easily view, select, and switch between different assets.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mobile site needs link to "switch to full site"

The mobile site needs a link to "switch to full site" like you see on many other web sites. This way any user can switch to the full site and back with a simple tap rather than having to memorize and enter a different URL.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better Mobile Functionality

The mobile version of the website needs better browsing features, or the easy ability to just disable it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow editing of PI Vision display start/end time stamps on mobile device

Allow editing of start/end absolute time stamps when viewing PI Vision display on mobile device (iPod, iPhone, etc.). Currently, start and end time stamps (e.g. 2-Aug-2017 11:30:00) of the displayed data can be edited when viewing a PI Vision display from a PC, but these cannot be edited from a mobile device without specifying them in the URL.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Faster Login Experience on Mobile Devices

Be able to login to the app on a mobile device quickly (in less than 5 seconds) SO THAT it’s easier to get access to the displays he needs to view quickly and on the go.  

Ideally, not having to type in a password every time by leveraging your mobile device's native authentication mechanisms (ex: TouchID/FaceID on Apple iOS) and/or persisting credentials on the mobile device and protecting with a pin number like other banking mobile apps do.   Or another approach ...

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support VMware AirWatch Browser on Mobile Devices

On mobile devices, we want to use VMware AirWatch Browser to connect to PI vision from outside our business network so we don't need to use VPN anymore.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto fit width option for PI VIsion display on mobile

As a user, I would like to have an auto fit width option for PI Vision display on mobile. The type of displays suitable for the option are displays with vertically arranged symbols. The enhancement will allow the user to scroll in up and down direction on a mobile easier and faster .

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mobile App Trending Capability for PI Vision

The Coresight App had a very clean ability to add and remove traces from an easy to read trends, but does not work across our fire wall.

Clicking on links after searching in the Data Items Section presents the user with capabilities similar to the Coresight App. Capturing this URL and pasting in the phone window renders the data in the non-mobile view which is hard to manipulate.

Building a series of native Vision displays with trends is difficult to navigate because the symbol scrolling interferes with the page scrolling.

Allow users to get the mobile presentation like they had…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve pinch to zoom functionality

I have noticed a problem with “pinch to zoom” on busy displays with many symbols or large tables.  When I try to look at a display on my phone, and do a pinch to zoom in, it only works when I pinch on the dark grey background.  If I try and pinch and zoom on any of the data tables, it does not respond.  For displays where there isn’t much background space left it becomes really hard to pinch and zoom.  It would be very useful to be able to pinch/zoom on the tables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mobile Scrolling

When trying to scroll down through the different assets in a collection, the scrolling is not smooth at all. We are struggling getting to the bottom of the 20+ item collection on a mobile device. Just for reference we are using Safari on iOS

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mobile version - Search specific PI server

Mobile version search needs to be able to select a specific PI server to search first. We have a lot of PI servers, so searching all of them takes a huge amount of time when we know exactly which server we would like to search on. We hit the result limit because we are not able to select a specific PI server to search

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED