PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create Display Folders & Manage User Access with Folders

Have the ability to create folders for displays as a way to organize them.  Be able to add and delete displays from the folders.  Manage user access to displays (read vs read/write) by the folders.

155 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow display sharing to any AF identity for Administrators

Currently limited to AF identities that my useraccount is explicitly part of. However, any Coresight admin should be allowed to share displays to any AF identity.

Now as an Admin, i need to reassign display ownership to a specific person in a group (AF identity) and ask them to share the display. Not ideal for central authoring of displays.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

In PI Vision 2017 R2, the PI Vision home page was updated to allow administrators to share a display with any identity.

3. Change min/max value

manual set Y scale value of the displays

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded

A number of configuration enhancements are included in PI Coresight 2016 R2. These enhancements include:
    - Set the min/max scale for gauges and trends
    - Set the Y scale on a trend on a per data item basis
    - Set the color, thickness, and line style for a trace line
    - Control the list order of data items in the legend
    - Set the foreground and background color for the trend

4. MultiState symbol with limit traits should show both the trait name and attribute name if they differ.

When user have renamed the limit trait attribute name (for example HiHi ->Critial Temperature) and uses the trait within a multistate symbol the trait name rather then the trait attribute name shows up for the mutlistate configuration, either both should show or allow for the user to chose which to see (or see by default). The limit trait attribute names does show within Coresight AF hierarchy, there should be an explicit relationship displayed associating the multistate intervals and the trait attribute names.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This behavior has been changed so that the attribute name is now what is shown in the configuration pane and the corresponding limit trait name is now shown in the tooltip if you hover over the attribute name that is shown.

5. Allow combining processbook and native PI Vision folders

Allow combining ProcessBook folders and native Processbook folders (i.e procbook displays and native pi vision displays will reside in one folder); allow building hierarchies using both types of folders at the same time

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is supported in PI Vision 2017 R2. Native PI Vision displays can be created in the same folder containing ProcessBook displays. Because the ProcessBook display folder structure is created and managed based on the Windows file system, ProcessBook displays cannot be moved within the PI Vision app, but PI Vision displays can be moved to ProcessBook folders from within the app.

6. Decimals Multi-State

Multi-State should allow decimal numbers in the limits.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. multiscale: fix scale manually

Hello,

When I switch to "multiple scale" there is no possibility to add the values per scale manually!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision, it’s possible to adjust the scale minimum and maximum values whether you’re using single or multiple scales. When multiple scales are enabled, you can see a unique scale for each trace on the trend. You can manually adjust the scale for each trace in the “Trace Options” within the Trend Format configuration pane.

8. Hide timebar passing through hyperlinks

We may want to hide the timebar for certain displays, but maintain it for others.  Currently, it seems like all hyperlinks pull in the URL modifiers from the source location.  So if I want, for example, a timebar on my second-level displays, I need to have it on my first-level displays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The ability to control whether URL parameters like hidetimebar are passed in a display link was implemented in the PI Vision 2017 R2 release.

9. multi-state blink?

can we please have blink option available for multi-states?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED