PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trend Cursor - Slow Data Values

I've the noticed when adding a trend cursor, that the data values take a very long time to show up. This happens instantaneously in Procesbook, but takes 10-15 seconds in PI Vision, which doesn't make the tool very friendly to use.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide option to add multiple tabs in a PI Vision Display

As a PI Display Author I want to have the option to create different tabs in a Display. Each tab could have different content in the same Display ID. This would allow us to use the limited space of a web page.
    setttings like search selected element and so on should be set for all tabs as it is for the display.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trending data by other Indices, Vertical trends, Trending by Depth

O&G customers that are looking at creating analysis applications for their drilling operations, would like to have an option to create vertical trends that would allow them to analyze their drilling operation by depth.

Trending by another index other than time. For example Oil & Gas Drilling operations.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename coresight display names

Coresight display rename

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different time controls on same display to independently control items or groups of items on a display

Different time controls on same display to independently control items or groups of items on a display

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set the PI coresight scaling by default to SINGLE SCALE not Multiscale please

I view dozen of plots in Coresight every day. 99% of the time I have to change to Single Scale. Can you make the Default Single scale or make it a user preference.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a 'Description' textbox for Display Settings.

Dear Devs. Currently, we have a few options for Displays; Display Name, Keywords, Display Owner and 'Share With'.

I'd like to propose an additional setting in the form of a large text field for 'Description' say, 500 or 1000 characters.

This would allow Display authors to include meta-data for their displays. Things like a description of what the purpose of the display. Who the intended author is. Who the Business owner of the display should be etc etc. Just a place where authors can add extra detail that may be required.

Right now I have to do this in an…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow locking/anchoring of symbols.

Ability to lock Symbols in place so that they don't shift when I try to select them. This doesn't always happen, but when it does it's pretty annoying. I should be able to right click and lock/unlock a Symbol so that it doesn't accidentally get moved around.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mass copy PI Vision displays between folders

It would be helpful to mass copy PI Vision displays between folders for different projects. Otherwise, we have to copy one display at a time.
    Obviously, the tags will need reconnected for the copied displays but the value of copy/paste with the display structure will save a lot of time.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. collection filter attribute value - failure?

I want to show all assets in a collection which have the same template and a certain range of the value of a attribute. The selection filter does not work properly!
    The attribute is linked to a PI-tag. When there is no tag linked for certain assets in the template the value 9999 is defined. In the collection I want to filter all with = 9999 so I select attribute < 9999 butno filtering is done. I have tried several similar queries without effect

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow a screen to be placed in more than one display folder

I would like the ability to put a display into more than one display folder. For example, I have a folder for 'Electrical'. However, if I want to create a folder for 'Executives', I could not include a screen already in 'Electrical'. My only option would be to create a copy of the display, which would mean needing to make sure both are updated any time a change is made.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pi Vision - Table Object View - Add Border management of the box to frame it

Pi Vision - Table Object View - Add Border management of the box to frame it

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make uderline an option for hyper link text

For the Hyperlink option provide the option to add an underline to help differentiate the availability

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File data type attribute is supported just by PI System Explorer. It would be nice to have Pi coresight to support that also

File data type attribute is supported just by PI System Explorer. It would be nice to have Pi coresight to support that also so a file attribute that hold a picture of an element could be viewd on a coresight display
    Tal

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add more tags to one trend for PDI files in Coresignt

"Add more tags to one trend for PDI files in Coresignt"

I am interested when i see one *.pdi display in Coresight to put in context the tags evolution. Now i can see only one , the selected tag.
    For this reason to make the process easier it is better to can select lat say 10 tags jut by click and open in an trend directly from *.pdi file.
    In Process book this is possible by VB macro.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. group elements font modification by adjusting the object size

When we group objects together like Text, Value, Symbols, rectangle box, lines etc, there should be provision to automatically change its properties when we resize the group.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a way to manage links used in many displays

Provide a way to update links used in multiple displays, either with a way of bulk editing them or by allowing users to specify a variable in links that can be updated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rename display from Edit Display Settings dialog

PI Vision display rename ability from Edit Display Settings dialog. Currently, only delete display is available. In order to rename a display you must open the display and edit the display name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add radial gauge manual rotation to align needle direction

Add functionality to radial gauge so that the gauge can be rotated to align the needle in a desired direction. For instance, individually rotate a gauges so that the desired needle position will be straight up. That way it is easy to see any deviations.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow PB buttons to link PI Vision displays in kiosk mode automatically

Add some additonal funcionality into PB buttons when you click on Display Search to integrate with PI Vision if you want to export them. For example, in a book, when you use Display Search to link the displays inside this book, PB uses internal code as <LOCAL>:DisplayName, using this, when you export the PB Book to PI Vision, the Book on PI Vision automatically set the button links to navigate between the displays. The same concept using kiosk mode will be a great advance to PB Users because we could add kiosk mode visibility to PI Vision from PB Displays…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED