PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autosave PI Vision Displays

I think autosaving the displays would be a good idea to add.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rename display from Edit Display Settings dialog

PI Vision display rename ability from Edit Display Settings dialog. Currently, only delete display is available. In order to rename a display you must open the display and edit the display name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add radial gauge manual rotation to align needle direction

Add functionality to radial gauge so that the gauge can be rotated to align the needle in a desired direction. For instance, individually rotate a gauges so that the desired needle position will be straight up. That way it is easy to see any deviations.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow PB buttons to link PI Vision displays in kiosk mode automatically

Add some additonal funcionality into PB buttons when you click on Display Search to integrate with PI Vision if you want to export them. For example, in a book, when you use Display Search to link the displays inside this book, PB uses internal code as <LOCAL>:DisplayName, using this, when you export the PB Book to PI Vision, the Book on PI Vision automatically set the button links to navigate between the displays. The same concept using kiosk mode will be a great advance to PB Users because we could add kiosk mode visibility to PI Vision from PB Displays…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto Refresh Screens

Is there a way that the screens auto refresh every night at midnight so that if any changes occurred during the day they will be present when reopening? An F5 ever night?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PI Vision: Passing Display page to the next page to be used as a Back button.

PI Vision: Passing Display page to the next page to be used as a Back button.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multistate picture

It would be nice to have a multistate picture.

With this your can imagine a tricolore light red-yellow-green or an adaptive smiley

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Coresight Data Favourites

Hi there. I would like to check if Coresight could have the same Data Favourites tab as ProcessBook? This is a very useful functionality for our database. Thank you. Carol

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multistate Attribute action from Static Attribute

Multistate Attribute acts from PI Points only, add static Attribute that are based from Analysis and Formulas

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Write access to Attributes

Write access to attributes for string text or select list Emunerations

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pop-up Windows

Besides allowing for a link to be opened in a new window also allow for pop-up windows for things like Legends.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tool to list AF Identities that all displays have been shared with

Provide a native tool to list the AF Identities that each shared display has been shared with. This is useful to ensure that intended user access settings are not lost upon setting up a PI Vision server, mapping users to AF identities, and setting up User Access Levels.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow editing of Vision display start time and end time together..

It would be great if Vision display start time and end time could be configured together. Whenever I change start/end time of a trend, PI Vision immediately requests for data from PIDA even though I haven't finished entering the start/end times.

For example I have a trend with last 8 hours of data. Then I want to check data back in January 2010. When I enter 1-Jan-2010 into the start time field and click on end time field to set the end time of the trend to 1-feb-2010, PIVision already fires a query to PI Data Archive before I have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy tag name from PI-Vision display

Adding the option to copy the tag name of the selected item in a PI-Vision display to the Windows clipboard, so that that tag can easily be used in another application.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. All display page

It would be great if we can be able to put displays in all display page in different folders and not have them all piled up on all display page every time we create or import new ones. They are getting too many and It does not look nice. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text alignment in tables

Customer would like to see if the display alignment of text based information in a column can be modified or make it default to be aligned from the left-hand side in the new PI Vision release, which is a common practice for other text based displays.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export Dashboard Image

Option to export dashboard as a high resolution image

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improved filtering options in PI Vision Display Utility

In addition to being able to filter and sort by display name and owner, several other fields might be considered as well. For example, date last accessed, date last modified, and date created. These fields would be useful to include in case a user wanted to manage/remove only displays that are no longer used. I'm certain there are plenty of other categories to include that would make Vision Display Utility even more robust and user-friendly, especially when making changes in bulk.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Different view options for homepage (eg. list)

Some different kind of views for the home page to display like windows explorer eg. list, thumbnail, small thumbnail…

A short view description could be nice to guide users to the correct views.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED