PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text alignment in tables

Customer would like to see if the display alignment of text based information in a column can be modified or make it default to be aligned from the left-hand side in the new PI Vision release, which is a common practice for other text based displays.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trend Scale : minimum set to zero when derived template used

We are using PI Vision to display dashboards for our dams around the state. Due to different level measurement systems used for the different types of dams, derived templates are used. Hence, ALL levels/level types can be placed on the one graph and only those that have data for that dam type are displayed. No problem.

However, when viewing a dam level trend from the base template, the graph minimum always reverts to zero; as there's no derived template attribute to use max/min traits/limits for. If NOT using derived template levels in the trend graphic, then the max/min traits are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to Change AF Elements shown on an Existing Display

We have a display with 8 AF elements. We would love the ability to change the display to show a subset of those elements with the user being able to control this. Perhaps a click or right-click of an element takes it off the trend and then when necessary this can be added back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to store the (trends)displays to the users’ desktop which is currently limited to store in the PI VISION server

There should be an option to store the (trends)displays to the users’ desktop. That will resolve the storage issue for the trends of the few hundred users in our refinery to store their trends/displays for their own usage. Common displays could be stored thru server storage
    It is a very essential feature and it is to be included ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trend - configure scales - multiple scales, ability to define min max for each data item

configure scales - multiple scales, ability to define min max for each data item

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display Scroll

I often have very full display windows, leaving little room to add new trends. Why can't I scroll down like in Process Book to creak some space for the new trend?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PIVison Transpose

Sugestion: Insert option for modify one or more elements in PIVision at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improments

Sugestion: In commands Order and position include Transpose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Summary Table

After double clicking to maximize a trend, I'd like to automatically have the display show the Summary Table. Can this be an optional functionality?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PI Vision Display Utility: allow changes to the PI AF hierarchy when migrating displays

If we have AF content in a test AF environment, and then we build a PI Vision display on top of that in a test environment, we have a need to migrate the AF content to a different AF hierarchy in Production. The PI Vision Display Utility is clear in the Live Library documentation that this is not allowed at this time - you may only change AF server and/or the AF database name. We would like the ability to change AF hierarchy during a display migration as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mosaic display

Is it possible to show different displays in a mosaic on the screen with an option where you can choose a template with different mosaic configurations (number and size of displays)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to see trends on display page beyond 30 days

I need to see data going back further than just 1 month. Generally 1 month or 1 year at a minimum.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Login and Logout

Why not give an option for login and log-off? It is weird that the application doesn't have these options available which is actually making developers to customize the product for their need which is cumbersome

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New Hyperlink Modification - no asset context

When a hyperlink is created, the "Set asset context" box should NOT be auto checked. When a new hyperlink is created and the user does not understand what this checkbox means, he or she has the potential to override other screens with whatever asset context is attached to the hyperlink.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PIVision Nested Folders Display Rollup

It would be very beneficial to have display roll up to higher level Folder when nesting folders in PIVision Display Management. One is unable to view all the display under a Node when nested folder exists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fangpunkte

Fangpunkte für Waagerechte und Senkrechte Linien

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do I make My Displays, my displays?

Anyone know how to make the "MY Displays" selection my personal displays? it looks like they are shared. When I click on it I see 318 displays but so far I have only made 1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Grouped monitored assets per building

How can I get all my monitored assets to my favorites page instead of having to scan through all to find mine. Like for example: Air handlers, I have 4 air handlers in my building. I would like to group them together on one page and save as my favorite.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED