PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Refresh Screens

Is there a way that the screens auto refresh every night at midnight so that if any changes occurred during the day they will be present when reopening? An F5 ever night?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PI Vision: Passing Display page to the next page to be used as a Back button.

PI Vision: Passing Display page to the next page to be used as a Back button.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change display to owner who isn't already listed

As a Vision admin, I would like to be able to reassign a display's ownership to anyone in the company.  Right now, you can only assign displays to people who have already created a display.  Our security is based on Windows Active Directory.  I should be able to assign any display to anyone in the active directory.  Just like I can search Active Directory when mapping people to Identities, I should be able to pull up the AD in the Display Utility or the Admin page.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Coresight Data Favourites

Hi there. I would like to check if Coresight could have the same Data Favourites tab as ProcessBook? This is a very useful functionality for our database. Thank you. Carol

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Write access to Attributes

Write access to attributes for string text or select list Emunerations

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pop-up Windows

Besides allowing for a link to be opened in a new window also allow for pop-up windows for things like Legends.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy tag name from PI-Vision display

Adding the option to copy the tag name of the selected item in a PI-Vision display to the Windows clipboard, so that that tag can easily be used in another application.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change Column width in tables - PI Vision

Adjust column widths in table

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. All display page

It would be great if we can be able to put displays in all display page in different folders and not have them all piled up on all display page every time we create or import new ones. They are getting too many and It does not look nice. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make PI Vision Display backup feature optional or customisable within Migration Utility

Make PI Vision Display backup feature optional or customizable within Migration Utility
    Currently the backup feature is hard coded and everytime we migrate displays, errors get logged in DB.  As we don't have access to perform such backups on external system, such feature should be optional and/or customisable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Autosave PI Vision Displays

I think autosaving the displays would be a good idea to add.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Different view options for homepage (eg. list)

Some different kind of views for the home page to display like windows explorer eg. list, thumbnail, small thumbnail…

A short view description could be nice to guide users to the correct views.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom Hover-Over Messages for items.

Being able to explain a multistate via hover over would be handy in Pi Vision.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to schedule emails of Vision displays - End of shift reports and such

Ability to print and email displays as they appear on the screen along with a report scheduler to trigger scheduled report via email to users.
    Basically a replacement for the ePub functionality for Process book.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hiding toolbar hides both the OSI bar and the element selection bar

Ideally (to maximize real estate available for our display), we’d like to hide the OSI bar but maintain the element selection bar (see attached image). In this case for instance, “Testing Bullet Graphs” should be hidden while the highlighted asset selection should be maintained.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Specific Customization of Y-Scale in Timeline Graph

Provide more flexibility to customize scales for individual variables within the same timeline graph.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to copy and Paste data/text from display to emails and such

Ability to copy and Paste data/text from display to emails and such

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multistate picture

It would be nice to have a multistate picture.

With this your can imagine a tricolore light red-yellow-green or an adaptive smiley

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show AF defined state value for multistate bar graph

Given that states are defined in AF for a tag, when selecting the tag to add as a bar graph in a Coresight display, allow multistate attribute window to show not only the name but the value for each state as read-only.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED