PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Hover-Over Messages for items.

Being able to explain a multistate via hover over would be handy in Pi Vision.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to schedule emails of Vision displays - End of shift reports and such

Ability to print and email displays as they appear on the screen along with a report scheduler to trigger scheduled report via email to users.
    Basically a replacement for the ePub functionality for Process book.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the value description when selecting a certain point on a graph and not just have a color coordinated box around the value

Display item description next to value when selecting a certain time on a graph. Even though the box around the value is color coordinated with the item description, it is difficult to distinguish some colors

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hiding toolbar hides both the OSI bar and the element selection bar

Ideally (to maximize real estate available for our display), we’d like to hide the OSI bar but maintain the element selection bar (see attached image). In this case for instance, “Testing Bullet Graphs” should be hidden while the highlighted asset selection should be maintained.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Specific Customization of Y-Scale in Timeline Graph

Provide more flexibility to customize scales for individual variables within the same timeline graph.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to copy and Paste data/text from display to emails and such

Ability to copy and Paste data/text from display to emails and such

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multistate Line Styles

Have the ability to change a line style from solid to dashed based on a multistate value. I have multistate lines that change color but changing the line style from solid to dashed would be a valuable feature.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show AF defined state value for multistate bar graph

Given that states are defined in AF for a tag, when selecting the tag to add as a bar graph in a Coresight display, allow multistate attribute window to show not only the name but the value for each state as read-only.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fangpunkte

Fangpunkte für Waagerechte und Senkrechte Linien

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How do I make My Displays, my displays?

Anyone know how to make the "MY Displays" selection my personal displays? it looks like they are shared. When I click on it I see 318 displays but so far I have only made 1.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Grouped monitored assets per building

How can I get all my monitored assets to my favorites page instead of having to scan through all to find mine. Like for example: Air handlers, I have 4 air handlers in my building. I would like to group them together on one page and save as my favorite.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to report display creation and modified dates

As a PI Vision admin, I would like to be able to report on display creation and last modified dates

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Axis that scroll with the data

What is would like to have, is that when multiple datasets is put in 1 trend. You get on the left axis and on the right the data. When I scroll through the data sets I would like that the axis scroll with the data sets. is this possible

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide Select, Select All, and Move Displays functionality from the "My Displays"/"Favorites" folders.

If my displays are located in different folders I must navigate to each folder, select the display(s) and move them to the desired folder.

It would be great to be able to move all of my displays at once from the "My Displays" view.

It could also be useful to have the ability to select and move displays from the "Recent", "Favorites", and "All Displays" views as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. For the error messages displayed, it can be made a bit more explanative

In the PIVISION display, when errors like attribute not found are recived, it becomes difficult to point out what the error exactly means or is reffering to which attribute.

If there could more information like attribute name, or path or some more description which make troubleshooting more easier

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 关于PB流程图观看权限分配的问题

能否将使用PB画的图,转换成PIVISION线上的图,以便于分配权限?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save graphs as image

Save graphs as png or svg

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select multiple variables of a graph of variables already created. In this way, the selected variables are highlighted in the graph, facilit

Select multiple variables of a graph of variables already created. In this way, the selected variables are highlighted in the graph, facilitating their correlation evaluation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve the sharing display window

• Increase the height of the window :
      The current version is very small and it is difficult to search among hunfdreds of identities the one you need in a list of 2cm height

• Alllow to configure what info to display in the identifity list box :
      Actually, only the name of the identity is displayed. it is a technical identity name which means nothing to PI Vision users. Would it be possible to allow (by configuration of PI Vision) to display the description for example (or an other added field in the identities configuration)

• Only display the identities which are…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Boxplots

I think it would be grat to have boxplots.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED