PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stacked y-axis on Event Details trend

As an engineer, I would like the ability to show the Event Details trend with a stacked y-axis to provide an alternative and clearer view of my data so that I can compare attributes during the event duration without the trend lines overlapping.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize Event Frame Details Window

As a user of PI Vision I would like to be able to add a customizable Event Details Hyperlink to a notification. Instead of having the trend with all of the related attributes underneath I would just like the display to show the trend, or at least have the attribute tables minimized.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Event Details Hyperlink Non-Numeric Tag in Trend

As a user of PI Vision, I would like to be able to view the digital tags associated with a notification on a trend when I click the Event Details Hyperlink on my Notification email. Right now only numeric attributes are can be added to the trend but I have attributes (related to my notification) with several states that I would like to view on a trend.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the Format Trend Menu Available for EF Comparisons

Add the ability to use the Format Trend function to the Event Frame Comparison Tool.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Event Hover: Show Start and End Time Details

On a mouse hover over an event (for example in the Gantt Chart), in the tooltip show details of the event like Name, Start Time, End Time, Duration, and Asset.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Event Comparison - Link secondary reference elements to Attribute list and display

Currently, the attribute window in the Event Comparison displays shows a link from the EF to the primary reference element, and then drill downs to attributes of that element.  Attributes selected through this window would dynamically link other EFs displayed in the trend to their respective reference element.

We would like the attribute display to allow multiple reference elements to be accessible through the attribute window, not just the primary reference.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have the event frame view as a symbol

Having the event frame view as a separate type of graph, means that it is not possible to add in contextual value or to set up comparisons very easily. It would be great to have the an event view symbol. It would be configured similar to how collections are configured, but except of filtering on assets, you would filter on event frames.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set default search criteria for Event Frames

I would like to make possible to set default search criteria for Event Frames. Every time I have to specify the database, time range, etc. so a predefined configuration for the most used criteria would be helpful.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Grouping and showing the event frame attribute

RIght now I am not able to filter and group the attribute from event frame, I need to show on the trends and hide others. It would be nice if we can pick and sort the attributed of event frames to be displayed on trend.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add functionality to send a Event frame to SAP PM or any other system

I want to be able to send a event frame to other system. It would use a template that would be configurable. Just by pressing button in the event details pane.
    This function could be named "Actions"  and could be fully configurable to even create a list in PI Vision that would summarize what ever your need is.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow setting of server-level default for Event Frame search refreshes

As a PI Vision admin, I would like to set a default for the automatic checks for Related Events. In PI Vision 2017 R2, the setting defaults to Off after an initial search. Although the setting is persisted for displays, it is inconvenient to have to toggle this setting on each newly created display. Since there are no performance issues with Event searches on my system, I want PI Vision to always check if there are Related Events.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Visualize the State of an Event Frame Generation Analysis

As a PI Vision display author, I would like to configure my display to show the status (In Progress event = True/No active events = False) of an Event Frame Generation Analysis so that end users of the display can see if there is an active excursion event on the asset of interest.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. event duration

EventFrame Duration in the events pane does not show up in 2016 R2 like it did in 2014. 

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Acknowledge Event Frames in PI Coresight mobile

Add capability to acknowledge Event Frames in PI Coresight mobile.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show Live Data in Context of Event Frame Trend

Event Frame Coresight Screens:
    I'd like to be able to view the Current Live value of a PI Tag in relation to the Event Frame captured value.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change Asset on compared similar event frames display

If I have multiple elements all using the same event frame template I'd like to be able to compare similar events for an asset then switch to a different asset without having to go back to the first display.
    I.E. my display has multiple assets and I can change asset using the drop down box at the top of the screen which then lists events for that particular asset. From there I can right click and select Compare Similar Events By Type which opens a new display locked to the chosen asset. I can save this Compare Similar Events display…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Easier Event Frame visualization

Easier event frames visualization in PI Vision. Single click to define an event frame and view it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to attach multiple files to an event frame

As a PI Vision user I would like to be able to attach multiple event annotation files, so I no longer need to replace the existing one with the other file that I want to attach.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Visual cue when event frames are available in the Events pane

As a PI Vision user, I would like to see if Event Frames are available for my display without clicking on the Events tab. This feature would show me that older event frames can be observed in the events pane. This feature would be different than the blue circle that only shows up when new events appear.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Alicia Coppock responded

This functionality is still available in PI Vision however, the default behavior was changed in PI Vision 2017 R2. The automatic refresh of the events pane is now disabled by default for new PI Vision displays.

To enable the automatic refresh of the events pane for a PI Vision display, you can check the “automatically refresh the list” option on the events pane. Saving the display after selecting this option will save this selection with the PI Vision display.

20. Drop-down menu of an attribute's possible values within the period to filter Event Frames based in PI Vision

When comparing events, it would be handy to be able to be able to filter selected eventframes based on an attribute's value.
    It is currently possible but you have to already know what are the possible values.
    What would be great would be to be able to select which attributes you want to use as filters, and be able to select which values you want to keep, updating the event frame comparison on the fly.

A bit like what Excel's Pivot tables / graphs allows.
    Regards,

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED