PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Event Comparison Display - add trend configuration options

Currently, Event Comparison trend has 0 configuration options.  I need to be able to: show markers, hide trendlines, set x and y scales, zoom in/out, expand trend to fill screen, set color schemes (running, completed, recently completed).  All things that BatchView BatchTrend in ProcessBook can do!  We can't move to Event Frame Comparison Trends in PI Vision until many of these items are added.

70 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Event Comparison Display: Allow scale configuration

There is no ability to configure the Y-axis scales on the event comparison displays (database, autorange, custom). If there is an outlier value it can make the chart too compressed to see useful data.

52 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freehand zoom in on event frame overlay

It is currently possible to zoom in on event frame comparison using child event frames, but you cannot zoom in into an arbitrary location on a trend by dragging the mouse cursor.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export event frame data to CSV from event details and comparison displays

From the event details or event comparison displays in PI Vision, it would be useful to export event frame data (including attributes and values) to CSV/XML.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Event Gantt: Visualize Child Events on Parent Event Gantt Bar

On the event gantt chart, have the ability to show lines/time markers for the child events in the parent event gantt bar when not expanded. This way the user doesn't need to expand the gantt to get an idea of when the children occurred.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Event Gantt: Expand All and Collapse All Events

Add the ability to expand all/collapse all in the event gantt chart.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide migration from PI BatchView

Provide a migration from PI Batchview displays in PI ProcessBook to PI Vision.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple Traces on Overlay Trend

Ability to put multiple traces (like flow and temperature) on a single overlay trend, still with showing data from multiple events/ batches or comparison against golden batch/events.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Event comparison using XY scattered plot

As an engineer I want to be able to analyze past production using XY scattered plot using Event Frames result attributes as inputs. In this case the amount of painted dots on the plot would correspond to the number of Event Frames gathered by the search criteria (no time series per se).

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display single result of Event Frame attributes that are calculations (Average, Total, etc.) instead of underlying tag data

When there is an Event Frame attribute that is calculated, i.e. the attribute has a “By Time Range” Value retrieval method of Total, Average, Maximum, Minimum, etc., PI System Explorer shows a single value for this Event Frame Attribute. In PI Vision displays, however, the underlying time-series tag data are displayed instead of the calculation result. I would like to view the calculated value instead of the underlying tag’s time series data in order to be able to compare values from different Event Frames.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Event Gantt: Better Displaying of Deep Events

For events with lots of children, do not show each child event on their own row on the Gantt Chart because it takes up a lot of vertical space for Events that have lots of children. Instead only go to a new row if the events overlap in time.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Event Frame Comparison Maximize Trend

Provide the ability to maximize/minimize trends in the Event Frame Comparison page.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Drop-down list of available Event Frame comments in PI Vision

When an Event Frame is selected in Events Comparison Displays, the user should see a drop-down list instead of or in addition to the "Add Comment" text box.

This drop-down list should include possible comments (configured in the EF templates) that the user might select and add to the event.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Use check boxes to select which Events to Compare

As an end user, when going from related Events to the Compare Events page, I would like to see a check box which allows me to select which items to compare in the overlay trends.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Plot summary profile of all Events in Event Comparison

I would like the option to plot summary calculation profiles (average, maximum, minimum of all the Event Frames currently in my Event Comparison) in order to compare each Event Frame to the average of the included Event Frames, i.e. if I have 10 event frames then I would like to display the concentration over time for each individual Event Frame (10 profiles) as well as the average concentration profile of all the event frames (1 profile). This is somewhat like a golden batch but is a statistically manufactured plot as opposed to being from a golden run.

See https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/36396-how-do-i-plot-an-average-for-an-attribute-from-event-frames.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple Trace Colors for Pinned Event Frames

If there are multiple pinned event frames in a Event Frame Comparison Display, each pinned trace should have a different color

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Events Comparison Display with Events tab

Currently opening events comparison display does not force the tab to be shown in Events tab. When opening events comparison display (ad-hoc or saved), events tab is more natural fit for the display as opposed to Assets tab. Users can immediately jump in comparing different events.
    Current(2016 R2) behavior is whichever tab/pane is open last time gets open again.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PI Vision Event frames should show child elements in the Attributes panel of the Events comparison page.

When viewing event comparisons, the Attributes pane only lists the event frame attributes, the referenced element, and the referenced element's attributes. It currently cannot drill down and trend child element's attributes.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show Date and Time Stamps When Comparing Similar Events

When comparing similar events, add functionality to see not only the relative time since the batch began but also the exact date and time as you click around the trend.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Jump to selected event in events pane

As an engineer, when I select an event in the Gantt chart or highlight it in the trend, I would like this event to be automatically selected in the events pane so that I can easily see the time range of the event and related information from the event's attributes.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED