PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Table: Select between AF Name verse PI Point name for Name column

Pi Vision - Table Object View - Name Column - select between AF Name verse PI Point name

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we appreciate the interest the community has for this suggestion, we have decided to decline this item in favor of other high priority work the product needs. Thank you for your feedback, and please continue sharing suggestions for how we can improve PI Vision for you!

2. Context related images

Different assets with the same template can be visually different.
    I would like the "Image" symbol to be able to use the URL of an image as defined in an attribute of an element to decide what image sholud be shown.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we appreciate the interest the community has for this suggestion, we have decided to decline this item in favor of other high priority work the product needs. Thank you for your feedback, and please continue sharing suggestions for how we can improve PI Vision for you!

3. Table of data from an external database

As a PI Vision user, I want to view a table of data from an ODBC data source on a display alongside my PI data so that I can see related information from other systems of record.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stacked Y-axis Event Frame Gantt symbol

The X axis is time based. Event Frames are “stacked” on the Y axis with the length of each determined by the event duration.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5. More flexible data table/matrix

I need a more flexible table tool where I can decide exactly what goes in each cell. They could come from related attributes or from PI tags, and each box in the table shows something separate.  Here is a screen shot of what I would like, but currently have had to create by brute force in ProcessBook.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. Adding / Configuring the Marker Size/Format in XY Plot

Adding / Configuring the Marker Size/Format in XY Plot.
    Having a lot of markers in the XY plot the point cloud gets unusable because of Marker Size is to big
    So either definition of own smaller Marker ( hair cross - single pixel ...) or an option to change marker size would Help

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. Sankey Diagram for Visualizing Flow

Support Sankey diagrams for visualizing the flow of energy (and other utilities).  Useful for Energy Management visualization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankey_diagram

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Load Duration Curve (LDC) in PIVision symbol

Symbols in PIVision for displaying load duration curves based on PItags.

I have created two PI vision symbols for LDC with using extensibility. (I have modified the xy-plot symbol).
    The first one creates LDCs for each series dropped on to chart. Different periods are set using the custom dates feature.

The second one creates LDCs for the same PItag where the periods of data is given by a PItag (ie the Pitag holds maintenance dates).

I will provide my code to OSIsoft on request.

Wikipedia gives this definition of LDC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaddurationcurve
    Search Duration Curve on google for more…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exporting table symbols directly (as it is) to Microsoft Excel or Word

Having a table symbol in pi vision, the customer would like to export that table directly (as it is) to Microsoft Excel or Word rather than using Export data.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easier multistating of grouped symbols

As a PI Vision display creator, I would like to be able to easily multistate objects after I have grouped them together. This way all of the objects can have the same conditions for multistating (e.g. multiple adjacent sections of piping in a process diagram, or multiple adjacent electrical components in an electrical diagram).

Currently, it is necessary to individually configure the same exact mulitstating behavior on each separate symbol in the group.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Configure regression line format on XY Plot

As a display author, I would like to configure the format of a regression like (e.g color and line weight) so that the regression line stands out from the points on an XY Plot.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. y-axis scale options

Currently the y-axis options are Auto, Database, and Custom. The problem with Database and Custom is that they are static and fail to capture unusual events outside the normal expected range. The problem with Auto is that during normal operating times it tends to zoom too far in, thus highlighting some normal fluctuations. A combination of Custom/Database and Auto would be very useful. Allowing the axis to expand during the unusual time frames but then restricted it to only shrink back to the Custom/Database settings. Thus preserving the original context.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Asset Comparison Table does not show "No Data" when assets are missing attributes

As a user of PI Vision, I would like my asset comparison table objects to not show "No Data" when I compare differing assets that do not necessarily share all of the listed attributes.  I would rather they appear as blank boxes as it more appealing to the user and gives them a better understanding of the actual asset behavior.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14. Trend data from an external source

As a PI Vision user, I want to trend relational or time-series data from an external ODBC data source alongside my PI data on a PI Vision display.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Editor improvements

1. I would like to be able to mark multiple symbols by drag and drop, now the only way is Ctrl+Click

2. I use Ctrl+Drag to copy symbols in ProcessBook as I find it quicker and more precise when adding new objects to the display.

3. Quick edit the tag/attribute on a value symbol: Change the tag/attribute on a value instead of having to add a new value from right hand menu

4. Sizing: It would have been great having a sizing toolbar to set an absolute size, now it’s difficult to add two symbols with the same size

5. Text alignment: I would love…
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Total

In the Table column option could the Total also be included?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multistate driven from Event Frame context

Drive a multistate symbol on a display from an Event Frame context. For example, turn the circle red if a 'Downtime' event on the asset is currently active.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pie chart

Please add pie chart (circle chart) symbol with option to see current value.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar view symbol for viewing data

A tool that I have had many uses for is a calendar view tool that shows attributes, tags and the ability to MultiState them in a properly formed calendar.

Attached is an example that we had to build with some other web controls talking to PI Web API.  I have several cases where this type of display tool in Vision is required.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shading in Trend Symbol

With future tags and predictive data growing since PI 2015, it is good that PI Coresight can accept future tags.

However, rarely do these data come as a discrete value. They usually have an associated prediction interval/uncertainty. For that reason, I put forward this enhancement request:

The trend symbol needs to be able to accept an upper and lower bound and display a shaded region. E.g. https://www.knowledgeminer.eu/img/composite_2.png

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED