PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better control of what is shown in Switch Asset List

When designing displays I would like to control how much of an element's path is shown in the Switch Asset dropdown. I've found myself in the situation described by this thread too many times: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/34664-asset-framework-naming-for-pi-vision

I would like to be able to control how much of the path is displayed in the name of each asset, for example like the "Data item length" slider available in the PI DataLink search dialog.

In the PISquare thread above the asset (RTU) can only be identified by including part of the path (Station1\RTU).

74 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom Out and Revert Trends

Currently no easy way to zoom out of trends. Please add the refresh (revert) button and if possible + and - buttons available in ProcessBook trends

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search Graphics Library

Be able to search the graphics library by keywords rather than having to try to guess which of the many folders a certain graphic is in.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamic Hyperlink - In PI Vision, when adding a navigation link, configure the hyperlink address based on an Attribute Value from the target

TR2.a Dynamic Hyperlink

In PI Vision, when adding a navigation link, configure the hyperlink address based on an Attribute Value from the target element.

TR2.b Collection of Dynamic Hyperlinks

Given a target AF Element, generate a collection of dynamic hyperlinks in PI Vision. The dynamic hyperlinks shall be generated based on children elements of the target for given criteria (i.e. element template or element category). Each dynamic hyperlink address shall be configured based on the value of a specific AF Attribute value. This attribute shall be the same for all the generated hyperlinks. (for more information on Dynamic Hyperlink, see…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Navigation: Alternate display name for element

Please allow for having an Attribute tagged as a Display Name for the entire element that would be shown in dialogs like the Switch Asset instead of the Element Name.

It is reasonable if this had to be indexed to be usable.

We are aware of the tooltip which helps but its only sometimes useful and does not seem to be sorted alphabetically when the names are identical.

We have identical element names at the lowest element level with the parent path having more unique name (this is to support creating processbook displays from the parent and being able to…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Symbols to be Excluded from Asset Switching

Excluding certain symbols from asset switching would allow displays to be authored with symbols that are "locked" -- meaning they will show the same data regardless of display asset context. This would allow displays to be used for drill-in navigation, while maintaining some top-level context data. It would also allow navigation buttons to be "locked" so that the button's target asset context will never be changed.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Navigate to parent of selected element

In a collection you can use 'Set asset context' to open a new display and show data regarding the selected child element.
    But when you want to use a link\button to navigate back to the previous display you cannot use this functionality. Because it will use in the current (the child) element instead of the parent. When you don't use 'Set asset context' it will open the correct display, but the selected element will be the one used when the display is last saved.

Notes:
    - The option to open displays in a new tab of the browser is not…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Additional options for the timebar time-range : "calender week", "calender month", "manual entry",...

I would like to have more options in the PI-Vision timebar for the time range (see attached screenshot). The possibility of a manual time range entry would be greate. And additional options like "calendar week", "calendar month" and "calendar year" would be a great feature. So it would be possible e.g. to switch exactly from one calendar month to the next independent of how many days the months have.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Addtional method for adjusting time intervals for Coresight trends and adding a calendar to the bottom right form box

I deleted the original post by accident.

I find some users will bring up a trend and want to input a custom time interval, ie 4 hour or 15 min trend. To adjust this right now you can use the left time slot; however, it would be nice to have a double click interaction in the box where the fixed time intervals are located. After double clicking you would be able to add a custom time, ie 4h, 15m, etc...

I also find many users will input a date in the bottom left form box. This date might be 4…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hierarchical intelligence when building and navigating a dashboard set

a.      The concept of a hierarchy of dashboards, starting in a root dashboard as landing page, which closely follows the applicable AF tree

b.      Filtering available dashboards, based on a particular template, according to the current position in the AF tree

c.      Automatic listing as thumbnails of all available child dashboards, according to the current position in the AF tree (alternatively, a navigation tree to the left of the dashboard body.)

d.      Give gauges and traces a drill-down/drill-through feature with hierarchical sense. Currently, drill down and drill through must be manually concocted by overlaying a text block.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dropdown Menus for AF Elements / Assets

Have the ability to configure a display with drop downs whose values map different process areas in the AF hierarchy and build the screen dynamically from this. 

Useful for users that are not as tech savvy.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open hyperlink in new tab by ctrl+click left mouse button

It would be great to open displays in a new tab by pressing ctrl+click ("strg"+"left mouse button") independent of what is set in the hyperlink option. Users want to decide by themselves whether to open a new tab or not.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Assets Tool Pane should automatically browse to the current asset context of the display

As PI Vision user, I would like the Assets Tool Pane to automatically browse to the current asset context of the display. This will be helpful when I am viewing an existing display and would like to add a related data item to the display for comparison with the existing data items.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Centrally Managed Home Page Screen

Need a Centrally managed Home screen, IT or Engineering needs to be able to have default screens and navigation available for the operator or basic user. Too many users are use to processbook and the older way of doing thing. Navigation is so important to cutting my site over to Coresight.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have dynamic links that are AF attributes redirect the current display instead of opening new tab

Currently, a "dynamic" links on PI Vision displays are Asset Framework attributes using StringBuilder that are displayed using a value symbol. When the symbol is clicked, a new tab is opened.

Having the display redirect in the same tab would be more ideal.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Being able to change the Asset drop-down from a navigation link in a PI Vision display

I would like to be able to change the Asset drop-down from a navigation link in a PI Vision display ( in other words to change the configuration of the Context Switching for a display) so that I can reuse an existing display and point it to different search roots with a different asset drop-down.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Plant Operations TreeView Navigation

16 or so years ago Marty Williams at Coors came up with the idea to create a hierarchy to reference the file location of related PI ProcessBook Displays. The system originally as per the presentation used MS SQL to hold the paths of the PI ProcessBook Displays. This was similar to PIW displays but leaner. I rewrote the program to use the Module database to hold PB file references. The Treeview uses an S88 hierarchy to outline the whole brewing process and maps all implemented production PI ProcessBooks available for Brewing Operations staff. This one PDI file is still in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A “Popular Displays” section

Where users select “All Displays”, “Favorites”, etc, add a list item for “Popular Displays“. Whereas the parameters for what is considered “popular“ can be configured. Users should only be able to see Displays that they have access to.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow hierarchy of displays

Please make the element selection box include more of the hierarchy as it currently precludes calling something generic like "pump". This naming adequately describes something in a heierarchy when you use the hierarchy to determine the position in the plant / asset hierarchy.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase Width of Asset Swap Drop Down Menu

As an end user, I would like to be able to see the full name of all of my assets when doing an asset swap so that I can see the asset that I'm swapping to. My assets have long names and, consequently, I need to highlight over each individual asset to see its full name. This is not efficient and is making it difficult for me to use the product easily.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED