PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase Width of Asset Swap Drop Down Menu

As an end user, I would like to be able to see the full name of all of my assets when doing an asset swap so that I can see the asset that I'm swapping to. My assets have long names and, consequently, I need to highlight over each individual asset to see its full name. This is not efficient and is making it difficult for me to use the product easily.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show hourglass when changing the timeframe

Show hourglass when changing the timeframe...when going from 1 Day to 1 Week or Month takes a delay in the background to retrieve and present the data and end-users start repeatedly clicking the timeframe selection.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. PI Vision has no hierarchy widget so representing AF hierarchy is very difficult

PI Vision should have a hierarchical widget like many other products that would allow you to display AF hierarchy or load a hierarchy from XML.
    Displaying a tree in a table is a tedious and visually unappealing option for users.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PI Vision Integration with Seeq

Support native integration between PI Vision and Seeq, to enable a single point of entry into both tools.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort Displays

Ability to sort displays in any order i want (dragging and dropping would be the preferred method)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Navigation by batch numbers

Preference to be able to move trend screens etc by batch number / events rather that time periods

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lock the time range on a display

It would be helpful in some use cases to be able to lock the time range on displays, so that clicking through the time bar or clicking or touching a trend does not adjust the time range.

One particular use case this would be helpful for is when operators are using tablets to view displays while in the field. In these cases, it would be easy to accidentally swipe on a trend and change the time range for the display, which may lead to the operator reading old data by mistake and making adjustments to the process based on data…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lock Folder view in place in PI Vision

Once you click on a display in the folder, the folder view goes away. What we would like to see, is that the folder view is kept on screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not preserve old values in Gauges or values

I designed a display. I wanted all of the parameters shown to be from a different set of assets. (URL parameters didn't work because they were in an AF hierarchy nd not a flat structure). I draged the numbers onto the guages and values and viola, the values reflected the new, dragged on value. The issue is that when you clisk on the value and view the history, it still shows the original value and there is no way to get rid of the original. Would be best if the oroginal disappeared, but secondarily, make it possible to delete the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When drilling down, one losses visibility of other elements at the level of the parent.

This behavior changed from the previous version of Coresight. Major customer in the O&G industry is asking for this to be restored

Description:
    When I select a parent element (eg. Texas), I'll see all assets under Texas (eg. Odessa, Houston, etc), however I lose visibility of all other elements that existed at the same level of the parent element (Texas, Utah, Wyoming).

See screenshot attached for more info

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display an error when a Hyperlink URL cannot be resolved

Getting an error when a Hypertext URL cannot be resolved

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED