PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to modify a read-only display if I am the owner

As a owner of a display, i would like to be able to modify it even if it is marked as read-only.

Actually, I need to go on the main page, uncheck the read-only, edit the display, save it, and back to the home page again to modifiy to read-only again

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to hide the domain of a logged-on user

Provide administrators with the ability to hide or obscure the domain of users logged on to a Vision server (instead of domain\userID in the top right, it would just show userID).

Creating on behalf of a customer, for who the Vision server is hosted on an internal network but accessed externally. They wish to hide the internal domain for users outside the network.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restrict view of Events details after double-clicking on an Event frame in an Events table

As a PI Vision administrator, I would like to restrict or disable access to view Events details after double-clicking on an Event frame in an Events table on a PI Vision display for specific PI Vision users

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Claims based authentication through Azure B2C instead of B2B

Currently PI Vision support claims based authentication through openid connect one of which is Azure b2b. However Azure B2B is not flexible when it comes to onboarding process. For this Azure B2C is a preffered option however the library's required are not natively support in PI Vision.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. setting the number of  a single account's Multiple concurrent login

The administrator should have permit to set the number of  a single account's Multiple concurrent login.Now my account can login on multiple terminals at the same time without limit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Limit the number of login failures

Lock the account when entering wrong password 5 times

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Security

Desactivated the option with right click for the properties to objects for example: Configure table for users that are explorers in the PI Vision.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom symbol security AD aware?

PI Vision's extensibility is a great feature to implement and extend Vision to more custom displays. Sometimes though, we don't want all users to be using some custom symbols. If there is a per symbol security for custom symbols in built instead of manual override in code will be great. Kenji has already done the majority of the work : https://pisquare.osisoft.com/community/developers-club/pi-visualization-development/blog/2016/07/21/how-to-customize-appearance-of-pi-coresight-2016#comment-9600.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED