PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After moving displays to a folder, the display owner should be able to maintain read-access

Currently, after moving a display to a folder, a display owner will lose write permissions to the display if they do not have write permissions to the folder. It would be easier if display owners automatically had write permissions to displays even if they are moved to a new folder.

If admins wish to control access to certain folders, it may be better to configure that as a setting for the folder (ie a setting where "Only folder permissions are considered for security to displays) or they can change the display owner.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DECLINED  ·  Victor Zhang responded

The behavior is by design, and I think, is intuitive and expected by most users. Take Windows operating system for example, if you create a file on your desktop, and move it to a folder to which you don’t have write access, you will lose write access to that file as well.

On the other hand, the behavior you proposed would pose a security concern. Therefore, I have declined it.

2. Remove HTTPS Requirement

Is there any way to make this run in HTTP mode only?  It seems to want to default to HTTPS, but there isn't any real way to make a certificate from an authority work since this isn't an internet-facing server.  Most browsers harbor an extreme distaste for self-signed certs.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DECLINED  ·  Victor Zhang responded

In general, the entire World Wide Web is moving away from HTTP to HTTPS for security. In fact, more and more websites only allow connections via HTTPS, which is also adopted as a standard by an increasing number of our customers. As OSIsoft is committed to delivering most security products to our customers, we are obliged to use HTTPS and to be rid of HTTP.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED