PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Context required for this ideas box

Who is this feedback forum for and who is reading this message? Is it external or internal to BHP?

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configurable Help

Make het possible to customize this "Help button" (Help button in PI-Vision) to add links to own (local) websites.
    Or make a custumizable ribbon like in Microsoft Office.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Release documentation for SVG PB DTD

Maybe this is a ProcessBook issue, but since I'm generating SVG files for inclusion in PI Vision, here goes...

I have asked, but looks like documentation for the namespaces of Processbook generated SVG files are not published to the public. 

As a developer I would like to programatically generate SVG files based on ProcessBook DTDs for inclusion into Coresight.

I have seen more and more people editing their SVG files, this would also help customers in general.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Embed more videos inside of help topics

As a user, I would like to see more videos inside of various help topics/articles SO THAT I can get a clear demo that shows me what I'm trying to do.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Image files over a certain size (3+ mb) will not load. Coresight should produce an appropriate error message if this limitation is expected

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Insert image file greater than 3mb. Example "FP05a" attached
    2. Produce attached screenshot, "no error msg"

Desired outcome:
    1. Error message that reads, "Please insert an image up to [xx] in size.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. What's New Experience

As a user, I would like to periodically see a list of new features when new versions are deployed SO THAT I can start taking advantage of the new features.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip

This is minor, but the [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip when you hover over it. I wasn't sure what it was before I clicked on it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. First Run Experience

As a new user, I would like to have a "First Run Experience" that guides me through key parts of the application SO THAT I can get familiar with it since I've never used it before.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add contextual help to configuration panes

As a someone that configures displays, I would like to have more contextual help menus at the bottom of symbol configuration panes (such as "Learn More" links) SO THAT I can get to relevant help topics if I get stuck.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED