PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have ProcessBook and Coresight exhibit same behavior for imported ProcessBook Displays

In an imported ProcessBook display, I would like to see the same behavior in Coresight and in ProcessBook regarding changing the time context. In short, we want the value displayed to be based on the End Time of the display. We see this in ProcessBook, but not in Coresight.

Let’s say we have a ProcessBook PDI file that has a trend with a default span of 7 days. This PDI is viewed both in ProcessBook and via Coresight.

On that trend we have pi tags that are getting updated frequently. Above the trend we text that displays the address…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Apply a time range that includes both the parent and child event frame

Right-clicking either the parent or child event frame provides the option to "Apply Time Range" (attachment).  When selected, the time range then shifts to match the parent or child event.

In cases where the child event can occur before the parent event, the ability to select a time range that encompasses both the parent and child event can be valuable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. select reference event based on actual data in AF (instead of manually pin)

In Coresight 2017 events can be pinned. Request functionality to automatically select (instead of manually pin) a relevant (reference / golden) event based on actual data in AF (e.g. a reference/golden batch for product currently produced). E.g. having 2 sets of independent search criteria would enable this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What's New Experience

As a user, I would like to periodically see a list of new features when new versions are deployed SO THAT I can start taking advantage of the new features.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Embed more videos inside of help topics

As a user, I would like to see more videos inside of various help topics/articles SO THAT I can get a clear demo that shows me what I'm trying to do.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep reference selected between reloads

We have created an element referenced display. So far so good, everything works fine.
    Would it be possible to keep the selected reference selected in between refreshes or after opening the page again? Maybe with a cookie or something? This prevents our users to select their asset ever again and again after opening. Or maybe this is possible already, then please let us now how.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. XY Plot support for PI-ProcessBook Viewer

Support XY Plots in PB displays viewed within Coresight.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show AF defined state value for multistate bar graph

Given that states are defined in AF for a tag, when selecting the tag to add as a bar graph in a Coresight display, allow multistate attribute window to show not only the name but the value for each state as read-only.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expose PI data to non PI users

Have a better way to expose PI data to non PI users because they are not familiar with where or how the data is stored in terms of querying or the structures.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Find data and events when an asset was running

For assets that aren't always running, it can be hard to find events (EFs) that have happened back in history.

Provide a way to more easily find these events and/or only show data on trends while the asset was running. (hide time periods).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. URL parameters for displays with parent and children attributes

When I use a URL parameter to change the parent, all of the children attributes on that display also change. I have a handful of element structures that are all the same. I want to make one dashboard and then use A URL parameter to reference the other parents that will automatically update all the other data with children of the newly selected parent.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. turn off assets in search window so I can bulk select all the attributes

turn off the assets in search so I only have a list of the attributes

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Element/Tag Filter

Need to be able to filter between tags and elements like you could before.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multistate Attribute action from Static Attribute

Multistate Attribute acts from PI Points only, add static Attribute that are based from Analysis and Formulas

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PID

Apologies if it exists in a newer version. Please provide a PID (proportional, integral, derivative object) like you would find in an HMI with: PV (with optional SPC limits), SP (with optional upper and lower limits) and OUTput (with optional upper and lower limits). Attached JPG as lame example.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Trend: Hide scales for sparkline trend, when resized to small enough

Allow trend lines to be collapsed to a sparkline without scale axis/tick marks, similar to the sparkline in the table view.

The guage can be collapsed without any scales, but the trend retains a scale tickmark.
    See sample.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PI ML Web: Ability to create tours

Ability to configure tours in PI Manual Logger Web so that I can manage tours easily from a central web location.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Herramientas de Dibujo

Herramienta para definir el tamaño exacto de símbolos, imágenes y formas

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support Link to ServiceNow in PI Vision Header

In PI Vision 2019 we added a link in the header. This allows our customers to report any issues with a display through our ServiceNow ticketing system. With the PI Vision 2019 SP1 this option has disappeared. Instead of adding the link to each display, we could have one link at the top making it simple.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED