PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wrap text in PI Vision table

Wrap long string values (word wrap) in a table so the entire text can appear on the display.

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tree View for Display Asset Context Switching

As a PI Vision user, I want to use an AF hierarchy Tree View to switch the asset context of my display so that I can navigate to the asset I'm looking for.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trend Cursor: show values while dragging

As a process engineer, while dragging a trend cursor I'd like to see the process values. Currently, I can only see the value once I drop the cursor, I need to see the values WHILE dragging the cursor so that I can quickly identify problems in my process.

This feature was available in previous version of Coresight (2014 and 2015) and in ProcessBook.

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit multiple objects at once

It would be great to resize multiple objects at once - i.e. if I drag 10 values to the screen, it would be nice to edit the colors, sizes, and how they are displayed at one time. What I used to created in 1 minute in Coresight 2015 takes 10-15 minutes now.

Jim Gavigan - LSI

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bulk Display Management

Enhance the Display Management section of the administration page to support bulk and multi-select operations to reassign, delete, "make public" and "make private" displays for any display in the system.

As a PI Coresight administrator, I want to be able to efficiently reassign, make private or delete my site's Coresight displays.

Workaround: The Home page can be used to administer a single display at a time.

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Annotation/Comment on Data Values

Be able to enter and visualize user comments made on a attribute/tag data stream.

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Histogram Symbol

Have a histogram symbol that shows a graphical representation of the distribution of numerical data.

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trend: Support Trace Markers

Support trace markers on a trend like in ProcessBook

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display Slideshow

Functionality so choose multiple Coresight displays and have Coresight automatically show the displays rotating from one to another in a slide show type fashion.

This is typically for showing displays in 'public areas' such as a big screen in the company cafeteria.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Timebar: Add control for flexible time manipulation

Similar to the timebar in Coresight 2.x, add the ability for a user to finely control time using a slider and increase or decrease the time duration using the slider.

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Event Comparison Display - add trend configuration options

Currently, Event Comparison trend has 0 configuration options.  I need to be able to: show markers, hide trendlines, set x and y scales, zoom in/out, expand trend to fill screen, set color schemes (running, completed, recently completed).  All things that BatchView BatchTrend in ProcessBook can do!  We can't move to Event Frame Comparison Trends in PI Vision until many of these items are added.

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. View users connected to PI Vision

PI Vision administrators should be able to see who is actively connected to PI Vision, similar to the way Network Manager Statistics in SMT shows all active connections to the PI Data Archive.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Display Versioning

Need to have ability to version PI Vision displays
    Need to be able to revert back to earlier versions of a PI Vision display. 

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Changing Units of Measure (UOM)

The ProcessBook feature of changing the units would be great in CoreSight. Example: instead of Watts, it would be better to see MW.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Table: Archived Values

Provide a symbol in PI Coresight which displays the time and archive values of a data item based on the display's time range.

Customer Issue: Customer uses PI Coresight to monitor the most recent 100 seconds of data on their production line, which updates every 10 seconds. The process engineers want to be able to see the previous 10 measurements collected. The values on the display need to be clearly visible from a distance and able to display the desired information without interaction. This can currently be done with ProcessBook or DataLink, but a thin client is preferred for these…

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gauge: Radial Gauge to show direction and magnitude

Show wind direction and wind speed in a compass like radial gauge.

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open attached files directly from PI-Vision

It is great that I can attach files as an attribute to an element in AF and that these files are shown in the PI-Vision navigation (see attached screenshot). But why is it not possible to open these files directly from PI-Vision? This would be a great improvment.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better control of what is shown in Switch Asset

When designing displays I would like to control how much of an element's path is shown in the Switch Asset dropdown. I've found myself in the situation described by this thread too many times: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/34664-asset-framework-naming-for-pi-vision

I would like to be able to control how much of the path is displayed in the name of each asset, for example like the "Data item length" slider available in the PI DataLink search dialog.

In the PISquare thread above the asset (RTU) can only be identified by including part of the path (Station1\RTU).

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Direct Visualization of AF Tables in PI Vision

PI Vision should be able to directly pull entire  table objects (such as linked tables) from Asset Framework into a display, rather than forming a table of attributes with Table Lookup data reference.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Graphics: Make visible/invisible based on tag value

Change graphics based on a tag value. For example make a graphic visible when a tag value is equal to 1 and invisible when equal to 0 (or another condition).

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED