PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View users connected to PI Vision

PI Vision administrators should be able to see who is actively connected to PI Vision, similar to the way Network Manager Statistics in SMT shows all active connections to the PI Data Archive.

92 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend: Support Trace Markers

Support trace markers on a trend like in ProcessBook

92 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is currently planned for an upcoming release of PI Vision.

If you have a moment, we’d like to make sure we understand the requirements and expectations for this feature.

When choosing to display data markers on a trend, is the expectation that all raw data values over the duration of the trend are shown?

Would it be acceptable to show markers for only some of the raw values as long as there are enough to accurately represent the data, or is it critical for your use case that all raw data values are shown?

Thank you for your feedback!

3. Changing Units of Measure (UOM)

The ProcessBook feature of changing the units would be great in PI Vision. Example: instead of Watts, it would be better to see MW.

91 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Symbols: Make visible/invisible based on tag value

Change graphics based on a tag value. For example enhance the multistate functionality so that is it possible to make a symbol visible when a tag/attribute value is equal to 1 and invisible when equal to 0 (or another condition).

88 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tree View for Display Asset Context Switching

As a PI Vision user, I want to use an AF hierarchy Tree View to switch the asset context of my display so that I can navigate to the asset I'm looking for.

86 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Event Comparison Display - add trend configuration options

Currently, Event Comparison trend has 0 configuration options.  I need to be able to: show markers, hide trendlines, set x and y scales, zoom in/out, expand trend to fill screen, set color schemes (running, completed, recently completed).  All things that BatchView BatchTrend in ProcessBook can do!  We can't move to Event Frame Comparison Trends in PI Vision until many of these items are added.

84 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Trend: Allow custom titles

Allow specifying plot titles for trend symbols, similar to how ProcessBook allows specifying a plot name.

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Histogram Symbol

Have a histogram symbol that shows a graphical representation of the distribution of numerical data.

81 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PI Vision tooltip configuration

The user would like to have control over the tooltip configuration of the PI Vision symbol. For instance, he would like to show the tag of a PI Point data reference when hovering over a single value from an attribute.

80 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit multiple objects at once

It would be great to resize multiple objects at once - i.e. if I drag 10 values to the screen, it would be nice to edit the colors, sizes, and how they are displayed in bulk all at one time. What I used to created in 1 minute in Coresight 2015 takes 10-15 minutes now.

Jim Gavigan - LSI

80 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better control of what is shown in Switch Asset List

When designing displays I would like to control how much of an element's path is shown in the Switch Asset dropdown. I've found myself in the situation described by this thread too many times: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/34664-asset-framework-naming-for-pi-vision

I would like to be able to control how much of the path is displayed in the name of each asset, for example like the "Data item length" slider available in the PI DataLink search dialog.

In the PISquare thread above the asset (RTU) can only be identified by including part of the path (Station1\RTU).

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Annotation/Comment on Data Values

Be able to enter and visualize user comments made on a attribute/tag data stream.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multistate: change text colors

In multistate, we are able to change background color.
    Customer would like to see how to change text (letters, words) colors

75 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Direct Visualization of AF Tables in PI Vision

PI Vision should be able to directly pull entire  table objects (such as linked tables) from Asset Framework into a display, rather than forming a table of attributes with Table Lookup data reference.

72 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display Slideshow

Functionality so choose multiple Coresight displays and have Coresight automatically show the displays rotating from one to another in a slide show type fashion.

This is typically for showing displays in 'public areas' such as a big screen in the company cafeteria.

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Table: Archived Values

Provide a symbol in PI Vision which displays the timestamp and archive values of a data item in a table based on the display's time range.

Customer Issue: Customer uses PI Vision to monitor the most recent 100 seconds of data on their production line, which updates every 10 seconds. The process engineers want to be able to see the previous 10 measurements collected. The values on the display need to be clearly visible from a distance and able to display the desired information without interaction. This can currently be done with ProcessBook or DataLink, but a thin client is…

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Display Versioning

Need to have ability to version PI Vision displays
    Need to be able to revert back to earlier versions of a PI Vision display. 

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multistate behavior in table object

Hi!
    It would be great if the table object would be configured to handle multistate.
    Each attribute in the table should be possible to configure to multistate.

Even better if it some how could be configured from AF, so that you would have a template in AF that are associated with a version of the table object.
    In that case when you pick a attribute thats associated with a template then everything is configured to the corresponding table object.

63 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PI Vision font style: bold, italicize

It would be great to have the option to bold or italicize certain words or all of the text.

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Timebar: Add control for flexible time manipulation

Similar to the timebar in Coresight 2.x, add the ability for a user to finely control time using a slider and increase or decrease the time duration using the slider.

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED