PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XY plots: add cursor support

Would be great to be able to:
    - have cursor(s) on XY plots

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend: Show cursor on hover (floating cursor)

when users put their mouse in the curve, value and timestamp will show. There is no need to click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. element selection tool bar can be set to hide or display like microsoft office toolbar

users can select to hide or display the toolbar by themselves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Trend: colorize area below tag-line

I have a tag (0/1) and want to colorize the area below the tag to increase the visibility of the status... (Optimum would be a changeable transparency to avoid the hiding of other tags/attributes)... is this possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multistate for asset comparison columns to be based on the value of another attribute

Want the ability to set multistate behavior on a attribute column based on another asset value – similar to Value, gauge and drawing symbols. If this can be done – should be able to do it as well for attribute columns which are strings. I would think it is based on a cell in a table at that point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Attribute value as Filter criteria - failure?

Edit Criteria Filter by Attribute doesn´t work properly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. adding more description in the error messages

this kind of message don't help us to find the error:

Timestamp: Fri Mar 02 2018 12:04:52 GMT+0100 (Romance Standard Time)
    Severity: Error
    Source: ProcessBook
    Description: Error description: Attribute not found, Error code: 2000

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically enable all necessary Roles and Features

The PI Vision installation kit should enable all necessary roles and features to streamline the installation process. Currently, the "Web Server" role must be manually installed prior to running the PI Vision installation kit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation & Upgrading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix time context of static attributes

Fix time context on an element of a Coresight display. As an AF admin, I would like to create different versions of a static attribute element to keep its history, but I would like my Coresight users to see the most current version of the static attribute regardless of the time range.

For example, if my asset name has changed on Jan 1, I would like to create a new version to reflect this changed. However on a Coresight display, I would like my users to see time-series data with the most current asset name, even if the time range…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is the expected behavior for AF element/attribute versioning and the visualization in PI Vision.

PI Vision will show the version of the asset name that is used in the display time range.

10. Control keyword setting for public displays

Dear developers,

in public displays it is possible that anyone can delete keywords which have been stored for a Display. This is not good since then users can change something without the permission of the owner of the display.

What I did: I changed the keyword for a public display from which I am not the owner, i.e. I delete the only keyword defined and click on save.
    When I check the keywords for the public display I see that the deletion was successful and no keyword is defined.

I can understand that it should be possible for other users…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AF Element References

Element References do not appear in Asset list/navigator of AF

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dynamically change font size to fit the area.

Dynamically changing the font size to fit the string within the defined area or object. Text wraping could also help for the same task.
    Now the areas must be prepared for the worst case scenario - the longest string. But it looks strange while most of the time much shorter text is presented..

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 24 25 26 28 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED