PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gauge: Support Zones / Scale Ranges

Support zone configuration on gauges so that the user has an indication of whether the attribute is in a good or bad state.

If an attribute has limits defined for it in PI AF (LO, LOLO, HI, HIHI), the gauge should default to the limits by default.

44 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It was brought our attention that this suggestion was not fully completed, so I am downgrading the status appropriately. PI Vision 2016 introduced multi-stating of gauge colors using attribute limits however zones/scale ranges have not yet been implemented.

2. Print a trend as a report

Be able to print a trend and use it as a report. Include printing / saving to PDF. Consider changing colors on the trend to make it look nice when printed to a white paper.

44 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replay Time / Playback Time

Be able to go back in history and "replay" what happened while looking at a display.

Also potentially integrate this with event frames, i.e. the ability to replay what happened leading up to an event, during event, and after an event.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Zoom Out and Revert Trends

Currently no easy way to zoom out of trends. Please add the refresh (revert) button and if possible + and - buttons available in ProcessBook trends

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Array Values in PI Vision

It would be nice to have a possibility to Display AF Array Attribute Values within PI Vision. At the Moment we try to Display the results of a SQL table lookup with one or more results in PI Vision. Due to the dynamic amount of results, it is not possible to use one Attribut per result.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Nesting collections

It would be good if collections were essentially full-blown mini-displays, where you could group/ungroup objects and also include a collection inside another collection.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have the ability to set Preferences / Default configuration options

Like in PI ProcessBook you could use the Preferences section to set the default configuration options, you need a way to set it in PI Coresight.

Maybe that could be part of the Administration page. There is a need to have the ability to set the default Trend symbol trace colors, default coloring of other symbols, default time bar time ranges (we should have the ability to define what choices we want to see as a company in the time bar selector), etc.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Event (EF) Plot / Batch SQC Plot

Plot for Events (EFs) or Batches are on the x-axis and process value is on the Y axis.

This might be another variant of a SQC Plot but based on batches/events (in time order) rather than strictly by time.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Custom Symbols / Stencils to Library

Have the ability for a customer to author or 'extend' their own symbols / stencils and add them to a Symbol Library provided by OSIsoft.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export Data Supports Data Frequency

As a process engineer, I would like to be able to control the data frequency (minute, hour, etc.) of how much data is exported for my time range rather than a fixed number of data points SO THAT the data that I export can actually be used for some analysis rather than data that is too sparse to be used.

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    PLANNED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

Options to select a data frequency when exporting data from a display is planned for a future release.

11. Tool to list all PI Tags and AF Attributes mapped to any display

Right now I get errors in Event Viewer on my Vision server saying "Server is not available".  The server it mentions is our Dev server, which means somehow a tag or attribute got to Prod without being converted.  But the error doesn't tell me the tag or the display.  So I have no way of troubleshooting this without individually checking each and every display or spending all my time digging through the SQL to figure out where all the config information is hidden.

The other use case is: if as a PI admin I want to change the name of…

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Font

Can we have the option to select the font used in PI Vision? (Arial, Calibri, Tahoma, etc)?

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search Graphics Library

Be able to search the graphics library by keywords rather than having to try to guess which of the many folders a certain graphic is in.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide coding capabilities just like VBA in processbook

Provide coding capabilities just like VBA in processbook

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Trending

Trending Must Haves:

I recently installed PI Vision here and I am getting feedback about the trending capabilities, or the lack there of. Please fix the following in the trends

1. The ability to click on values on a page and create an Ad-Hoc Trend. This is another major need.

2. Need to add descriptors to trends

3. MUST BE ABLE to un-zoom in a trend and keep your current place in time. For example if I have a 24 hour trend and I scroll back 10 days and then zoom in, when I un-zoom I still want to be…

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PI Manual Logger Web should honor the Conditional Manual Data Entry (CMDE) settings in the tour definitions

CMDE provides a cleaner method of skipping tags, as it does not rely on the user to manually skip data entry for the correct tags during each tour.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PI Vision Access Control Management

There should be provision of granting access to PI Identities or PI users on  PI Vision using PI Vision admin webpage.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Event Frame in time line form

To have a new symbol, which has the similar function as Event Table. Instead of table symbol, hopefully we can have bar chart kind of symbol instead, as shown in the attached pic. It will much cleaner that way and let user have a better view of the events happened for the past shift.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Trend: Axis value scale on the outside of graph

Y axis value scale should be on the outside of the graph/trend plot area.  Axis values cannot be seen if they are covered by data.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Freehand zoom in on event frame overlay

It is currently possible to zoom in on event frame comparison using child event frames, but you cannot zoom in into an arbitrary location on a trend by dragging the mouse cursor.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED