PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Identification / labeling of changed (manually edited) values within reports

For pharmaceutical environment is would be an great option to indicate on displays (e.g. Coresight) whether or not an AF attribute’s value or a PI tag’s archive value has been manually edited. The way of indication dosn't really matter, could be a color, footnote, label, ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want the symbols in PI Coresight can splint at same time, this change will enhance the user experience

I want the symbols in PI Coresight can splint at same time, this change will enhance the user experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Direct

Direct export to excel
    When users right-click on a trend/gauge have the ability to export the data directly into excel without having to save the data to a file 1st

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Custom symbol security AD aware?

PI Vision's extensibility is a great feature to implement and extend Vision to more custom displays. Sometimes though, we don't want all users to be using some custom symbols. If there is a per symbol security for custom symbols in built instead of manual override in code will be great. Kenji has already done the majority of the work : https://pisquare.osisoft.com/community/developers-club/pi-visualization-development/blog/2016/07/21/how-to-customize-appearance-of-pi-coresight-2016#comment-9600.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Table: Row Grouping by Category

Allow grouping of attributes in a table by their assigned AF Category similar to how attributes are grouped in System Explorer.  This would help organize the contents of a table other than by alphabetical order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A compose mode, as well as a published mode for the CoreSight UI environment

The current CoreSight mix composition and use of dashboards. Consequently, features, such as the AF tree is only available for compose actions, whereas it could have doubled as display navigation feature, where there a published mode for the displays.

Also, switching a display to other instances of the underlying AF template prompt for Save, as if the display was in compose mode.

WordPress is a good analogy: It has a powerful compose mode, in which web pages can be edited in many ways. Published web pages can be browsed as usual with web browsers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make popup trend show value and traits on the same scale

If I double-click on a multistate symbol, I get an ad-hoc display showing the value and all it's thresholds. This is great except that the trend is multi-scale, which makes the threshold lines useless. If an ad-hoc trend is showing a values and its limits, they should all share the same scale (and possibly be differentiated by line-style or colour intensity instead of colour hue)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support Installation on Windows Nano Server

Support installation on Windows Nano Server.  Nano Server is the latest OS that is optimized around private clouds and data centers. 

It has a much smaller footprint from Windows Server Core and is "headless" which means that there is no GUI or local login capability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation & Upgrading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color in multistate color pallette default choices matching the display background

When building a element-relative display in ProcessBook, we often use a rectangular shape and set a mutli-state behavior to show or hide information on an element's attribute(s) based on whether it is excluded or not.  The color of the shape when something is excluded is the color of the display background - which is easy to manage.

When doing same in Coresight 2016 R2 - the color of the display background is not available in the multistate color palette default choices.  While we now also have an option to create a custom color- the process is very hard to use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multistate Line Styles

Have the ability to change a line style from solid to dashed based on a multistate value. I have multistate lines that change color but changing the line style from solid to dashed would be a valuable feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix time context of static attributes

Fix time context on an element of a Coresight display. As an AF admin, I would like to create different versions of a static attribute element to keep its history, but I would like my Coresight users to see the most current version of the static attribute regardless of the time range.

For example, if my asset name has changed on Jan 1, I would like to create a new version to reflect this changed. However on a Coresight display, I would like my users to see time-series data with the most current asset name, even if the time range…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Image files over a certain size (3+ mb) will not load. Coresight should produce an appropriate error message if this limitation is expected

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Insert image file greater than 3mb. Example "FP05a" attached
    2. Produce attached screenshot, "no error msg"

Desired outcome:
    1. Error message that reads, "Please insert an image up to [xx] in size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Coresight - adding another Folder in All Displays area

Hello Support, Could you please let me know if it is possible that the area where is housed All Displays, Favorites, an addition of another "manageable" Folder to facilitate end user experience and easily find their displays by category? Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. What's New Experience

As a user, I would like to periodically see a list of new features when new versions are deployed SO THAT I can start taking advantage of the new features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow scrollbars on Coresight Processbook displays

When viewing large displays in Processbook the user can use scrollbars to navigate around the display whilst zoomed in so that the symbols remain legible.

When these displays are imported into Coresight there are no scrollbars which make it very difficult to navigate the display.

Scrollbar functionality should be implemented in Coresight processbook displays so that the same user experience is shared in both formats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Rubber band" object expansion

I would like the bar graph, trend graph, and table to have sort of a "rubber band" expand mode. As I expand the object, text labels expand in size proportionally as well as the main element.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip

This is minor, but the [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip when you hover over it. I wasn't sure what it was before I clicked on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Find similar event instances via pattern matching

Find similar events during ad hoc analysis based on visual pattern matching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED