PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XY Plots Symbol with Chromatography Data Display & Analysis

Desired Capability in PI Vision: Support chromatography data displays by creating an advanced XY plot symbol for PI Vision.

• Allow for selection of a trace and manual alignment of one or more traces (peaks) based on a numerical user-input representing the required offset(s). This capability is needed in XY plots as the alignment of peaks is done based on a X-axis calculated variable.

• Enable the user to select a region and calculate the integral under the curve.

Brief Description: In Biotech manufacturing processes, chromatography data analysis & visualization play a key role in the manufacturing floor. It is a common…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom text for symbol label

Hello,

is it possible to assign the symbol to one attribute of the AF element/ tag but to present the label (name) from another attribute (string) of that same element?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Function Text

Ability to add text containing basic functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide) using data pointing to number assets.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adjust Column width on iPad

Our Operators would use ML easily if PI ML column width can be adjusted on iPad. With the PI Ml 2017 R2 Patch1, columns can be easily adjusted with the new icon in place, while using ML on laptops. However, this functionality doesn't work on iPads.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PIML Web : Present localized timestamps

As an operator I prefer to see timestamps presented in my location's time zone and format (ex: 24h vs AM/PM)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PIML Web : Use now as timestamp when entering data

As an operator, I would like the data I entered to be timestamped now (*), instead of selecting a timestamp from the dropdown list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fangpunkte

Fangpunkte für Waagerechte und Senkrechte Linien

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add option to select dynamic values in Advanced Asset Search Criteria in Events table

Add option to select dynamic values (from attribute references) in Advanced Asset Search Criteria in Events table.
    Attribute1 = Attribute2, not just Attribute1 = value.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. DCD alarm report

NEXT TO TRACK DCD EVENTS AND RUN A REPORT WEEKLY/ MONTHLY/YEARLY
    WE ARE TRACKING IN ADMS AND NEED A WAY TO SEND VIA EAMIL. scada point ids Bin 00014-00018 on reclosers.
    Paul Unrast

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How do I make My Displays, my displays?

Anyone know how to make the "MY Displays" selection my personal displays? it looks like they are shared. When I click on it I see 318 displays but so far I have only made 1.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Training videos gone.

Just a question? What happened to the training videos? I just started using this PI Vision yesterday as I was looking forward to learning via the videos. I am alone in extreme remote solar. : (

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Standardize pointer for links on graphic

Im currently using a graphic (index, with buttons) from an operating plant DCS as a mimic on PI Vision. I want the user to click the buttons as they would on the DCS and the embedded link will take them to the display. I've discovered that using a text box with a link turns the cursor to a pointer finger with single click navigation, however, using a drawn shape/box (not a text box) with a link, the user must double click and does not get the pointer finger that you do with the text box. I feel the action should…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Grouped monitored assets per building

How can I get all my monitored assets to my favorites page instead of having to scan through all to find mine. Like for example: Air handlers, I have 4 air handlers in my building. I would like to group them together on one page and save as my favorite.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Presentation mode

An option to display fullscreen without the outer blue border.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide scrollbars in Vision when all display symbols are visible.

I have just recently started working with PI Vision. I have searched the Help documentation for any reference to the scroll bars that are always visible in the display window. I found no reference to the scroll bars. It seems reasonable that the scroll bars should automatically disappear if all symbols in the display are visible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to report display creation and modified dates

As a PI Vision admin, I would like to be able to report on display creation and last modified dates

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Test

hey! siapa nama anda?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display the value of the selected trend in bigger characters

When analysing multiple trends, it would be useful to display the value of the selected trend in bigger characters in order to easily identify it.
    See attached file to see how it looks like actually

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow header column wrap in Asset Comparison Table

Asset comparison table header column wrap

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Setting up a time-frame & more

Currently when we change the end-time, automatically the start time changes because the gap between the two times does not change. We would like the start time to stay the same, and the gap time to change. We lose a lot of time because we always need to re-write the start time when we change the end time.
    It would also be nice if we can write in the difference between the start and end time, for example, currently we can only chose between 1h,8h,1d,1w,1mo, it would be nice to decide exactly what we want and not only have 5…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED