PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Element and Category Drag and Drop Consistent for Child Attributes

Comparing three of the available methods for dragging and dropping multiple attributes onto the display for table or trend symbol shows inconsistency in how child attributes are handled.
    1. Dragging and dropping the element name brings all root and child attributes into the symbol.
    2. Dragging and dropping an attribute category name brings only the root level attributes.
    3. Drilling into a root level attribute to display its children and then dragging and dropping the root level attribute name will only bring this attribute but not its children.
    The behavior should be consistent. I this case, the user would prefer…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copied text box keeps moving up and down if we try to change the text in it

Once a text box is copied and pasted and the user tries to edit/change the text in it, the text box jumps across the display as the user is typing. The user then has to manually drag it back to the desired location. Not sure if this was only with the specific customer I was assisting or if the issue is more widespread.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copied text box doesn't paste in the location that is clicked before the paste, but instead is pasted right next to the original text box

Copied text box doesn't paste in the desired location that is clicked before the paste occurs, but instead is pasted right next to the original text box. The customer then has to drag it across the display instead.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. adjust font color for multiple text boxes simultaneously

Customers are unable to select multiple text boxes at once and change/standardize their font color all together. They have to do it individually. There is an option to simultaneously change the font size but it would help if this could happen for font color too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Parallel Coordinate Plot (PCP) Symbol

Add a Parallel Coordinate Plot symbol that allows for analyzing many different variables at once to determine if any are drifting from their set point.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Box Plot Chart Option

Include the ability to plot data with a Box Plot symbol.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need for Asset Type and Asset Category in Edit Collection Criteria to rely on one another

When using Edit Collection Criteria we would like for the Asset Category to rely on the Asset Type and Vice Versa. For example, when selecting an Asset Type only the Categories that are apart of that Asset Type would be displayed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow to move a tag or an AF attribute from one symbol to another

This feature was existing in PI Coresight.
    For exemple, Taking a value displayed on a trend, drag and drop it to an other symbol (ie. a table) to change the way it is represented

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow digital state to store a number

Our system PMD Honeywell is a bit random for digital values. A digital value can be 0 or 1 but can also be 254 or 255.
    I want to do time weighted average for the digitals so I need the value to be a number. If I specify that the digital is digital then I can convert the 254 and 255 to 0 and 1 but that is stored as text not a number so the time weighted average does not work. If I specify it as a float 32 then I can adjust the calculation by subtracting 254 if…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PI AF calculation able to pick the start time and end time from PI Vision

PI AF calculation able to pick the start time and end time from PI Vision and performs the calculation based on the time span specify in PI Vision

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search Criteria in Asset Search

allow additional criteria in asset search, similar to how element search works in PI System Explorer

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pen Color property for attribute

Have the ability to set a pen color for an attribute in Element Template and have PIVision use this. For example, I want to set Temperature as Green for all my trends. So when I look at hundreds of trends a day, I don't have to check every time if I am looking at Temperature or Pressure. By pen color you automatically know what attribute you are looking at on PIVision displays (assuming all trends built with using the pen color from database).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 关于PB流程图观看权限分配的问题

能否将使用PB画的图,转换成PIVISION线上的图,以便于分配权限?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Highlight trace

Ability to highlight more than one trace

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-Format + More

Some improvements I would love added to PI-Vision:
    - "Snap-to" feature for adding horizontal/vertical lines. (sometimes they disappear on me too if they are exactly horizontal?)
    - "View mode" capability to compare two different assets.
    - Creating a template tool for adding data (Ex. when dragging + dropping data it is formatted to size 18 font, black, no timestamp)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SQC States Do Not plot on Event Frames

SQC States do not plot right on event frames

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs *PLEASE SEND TO TECH SUPPORT*  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Like Button in PIVision for Displays

We need a like Button to score an good Display.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bullet Chart Symbol

I would like to have support for Bullet Charts by default like in the example below.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Labeler Agg Runtime Tracer

Can we add runtime data for the Labeler aggs. This would allow us to know when an agg is in use versus idle. Would help us for fault trending, as well as help to narrow down block product coming off a particular agg

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED