PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow scrollbars on Coresight Processbook displays

When viewing large displays in Processbook the user can use scrollbars to navigate around the display whilst zoomed in so that the symbols remain legible.

When these displays are imported into Coresight there are no scrollbars which make it very difficult to navigate the display.

Scrollbar functionality should be implemented in Coresight processbook displays so that the same user experience is shared in both formats.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Rubber band" object expansion

I would like the bar graph, trend graph, and table to have sort of a "rubber band" expand mode. As I expand the object, text labels expand in size proportionally as well as the main element.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip

This is minor, but the [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip when you hover over it. I wasn't sure what it was before I clicked on it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Find similar event instances via pattern matching

Find similar events during ad hoc analysis based on visual pattern matching.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Do not preserve old values in Gauges or values

I designed a display. I wanted all of the parameters shown to be from a different set of assets. (URL parameters didn't work because they were in an AF hierarchy nd not a flat structure). I draged the numbers onto the guages and values and viola, the values reflected the new, dragged on value. The issue is that when you clisk on the value and view the history, it still shows the original value and there is no way to get rid of the original. Would be best if the oroginal disappeared, but secondarily, make it possible to delete the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Control keyword setting for public displays

Dear developers,

in public displays it is possible that anyone can delete keywords which have been stored for a Display. This is not good since then users can change something without the permission of the owner of the display.

What I did: I changed the keyword for a public display from which I am not the owner, i.e. I delete the only keyword defined and click on save.
    When I check the keywords for the public display I see that the deletion was successful and no keyword is defined.

I can understand that it should be possible for other users…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Informationen based on Zoom Level

Would be nice, for hugh overviews, to have the ability to define what is shown on the display based on the zoom level

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When drilling down, one losses visibility of other elements at the level of the parent.

This behavior changed from the previous version of Coresight. Major customer in the O&G industry is asking for this to be restored

Description:
    When I select a parent element (eg. Texas), I'll see all assets under Texas (eg. Odessa, Houston, etc), however I lose visibility of all other elements that existed at the same level of the parent element (Texas, Utah, Wyoming).

See screenshot attached for more info

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Gauge: Show the min/max/avg values on gauge

PI Coresight 2016 does not show the min/max/avg data value on a gauge the way that previous versions of PI Coresight did.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AF Element References

Element References do not appear in Asset list/navigator of AF

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mobile version - Search specific PI server

Mobile version search needs to be able to select a specific PI server to search first. We have a lot of PI servers, so searching all of them takes a huge amount of time when we know exactly which server we would like to search on. We hit the result limit because we are not able to select a specific PI server to search

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dropping an asset with many attributes on a display makes the system unresponsive

I accidentally dropped the whole asset into the screen and now my interface is bogged down and cannot erase the asset labels.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display an error when a Hyperlink URL cannot be resolved

Getting an error when a Hypertext URL cannot be resolved

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Being able to resize edition Window

Possibility to increase the size of the Hyperlink edition Window

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support trend group whatever the trend tags in one display or in different displays

Support trend group whatever the trend tags in one display or in different displays

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hyperlink to Display: Additional Filter Options

When linking to another display, being able to see folders that displays are in would be useful to finding the display as opposed to just a Display Name search.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow custom symbols to draw outside it's boundaries

When creating a custom symbol like a drop down, the dropdown menu itself is larger than the entire area of the symbol resulting in it being cut off. Provide a way to turn this off so that the symbol can overflow its boundaries if needed.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. スマートスピーカーへの対応

PIVisionで多数の画面を作成すると、必要な画面を探す必要があります。
    音声認識対応ができれば、必要な画面を探して表示してくれると、能率が上がるのでは。
    「OK Google 1号タービンの振動監視画面を表示して」
    「以下の候補があります。選択してください。」
    でな具合に。

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. First Run Experience

As a new user, I would like to have a "First Run Experience" that guides me through key parts of the application SO THAT I can get familiar with it since I've never used it before.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED