PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide support for Element Attribute with Value Retrieval Method by time Not Supported when requesting sampled data with an interval

When retrieving AF attributes with a by Time Range setting of Not supported, the integrator will not return the data for the intervals as defined by the Query.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to delete target database when view is deleted

When a PI View is deleted from the Integrator User Interface, the Publication Metadata and target data tables are both deleted for that view. For a view with a non-PI View target such as a SQL target, however, only the Publication Metadata table is deleted. The Integrator will no longer consider that view name to be reserved after deleting the view, but using that name again for a new view with the same target requires us to manually delete the target table if there is a change to the shape or we do not want to append to the existing…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Correction to earlier comment by Matt Ziegler: This idea was not fulfilled in PI Integrator for Business Analytics 2018 release. This idea is currently not planned for a future release. If you have a use case and desired behavior for a particular writer and want to discuss further, please comment below or email me. Thank you!

3. Provide Bulk Column Configuration

The current method for adding columns and changing their Data Content type (value, average, min, max, etc) is clunky and time consuming.  You can only change (or add) one column at a time, and you have to wait for the data view to refresh after each change.

Ideally, I would like to have the ability to switch from the default UI (Column headers with real data) to a configuration UI that has a more tabular configuraiton layout or a layout similar to AF. 

I want to be able to select multiple data items and change them all to be "Average"…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Correction to earlier comment made by Matt Zieger: PI Integrator for Business Analytics 2018 does not support bulk column configuration. This idea is currently not planned. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to discuss more. Thank you!

4. Allow asset views to run now and on a schedule

I need to create asset views that perform daily aggregation at midnight. Currently once I create an asset view I must wait until after the following midnight to see the output. It would be very useful to have the option to publish once and thereafter on a schedule so there is data to work from immediately.
    Alternatively if it was possible to upgrade an existing single published asset view to running on a schedule this would solve the problem.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to include open Event Frames

The integrator only includes EventFrames that are closed (have end time). That is not included in the documentation, so a major issue for me now.
    The reasoning is that an open EF may not have all data or correct data. I would prefer to let the user decide on that and allow to include open eventframes. After all we can filter out the open ones using row filters.

I planned to use the integrator to get rid of OLEDB Enterprise. Now it turns out i cannot reach all my data. Looking seriously into returning the license.

The reasoning is

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Silent (Unattended) Installation and configuration to ease cloud deployment

Please provide a silent installation capability for PI Integrators. A preferred implementation would be a command line approach (as opposed to a silent ini). This allows for the install to be execute via a command prompt or via PowerShell where configuration settings are passed as command line arguments as is done currently with the integrated PI Server install kit. An ability to export the command syntax from the PI Integrator install kit would be an added bonus. (Example of the specific implementation can be found on page 294 of the PI Server 2018 Installation and Upgrade Guide.)

An extension to…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Organize views in Integrator User Interface

We would like a better way to manage views in the Integrator User Interface. For example, we would like the views to be able to be sorted into a folder structure. With many views it is hard to properly manage them without something to sort them.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove default columns from text file target

In the output file for the text file target there are some default columns that get added to the file "ID, PIIntTSTicks, and PIINTShapeID ". It will be good if those columns are not automatically added to the output file.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PI to Maximo integration

When PI is used to gather equipment sensor information but Maximo is used for asset management, it would be helpful to have a simple way to get equipment information out of PI and into Maximo.  This would be useful for scheduling preventative maintenance, among other things.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback and ideas so far! At this time, we have commitments and another planned release for PI Integrator for Business Analytics at the end of 2018. We will revisit this idea again after the next release. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or additional feedback.

10. Increase 100k stream limit

As an engineer looking to leverage hundreds of thousands of tags for BI, I would like to use a single integrator instance to publish all of the data rather than installing multiple instances on different nodes.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow PIIntegrator SQL database name to be configurable during installation

During Integrator installation, we would like to choose the name of the Integrator's backend SQL database instead of using the default name PIIntegratorDB.

Some use cases include:
    -Being able to use the naming scheme that our organization's DBA requires for SQL Server tables
    -Installing more than one Integrator instance on the same SQL Server

Workaround: Follow the steps in KB01640 - Installing multiple Integrator instances on one SQL server.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lock or rename file when actively writing to file

We are using file target to move data into a system that PI Integrator does not support writing to directly. We have a script that moves the files PI Integrator creates to our other system, but we need a way to tell when the Integrator has finished writing to that file. The Integrator should either lock the file it is writing to or have a processing naming pattern similar to UFL.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow binding of a custom SSL certificate after installation of PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS

As an administrator for the PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS 2017, I want to be able to change the SSL certificate bound to the application through an installer wizard. Currently, the only option is to uninstall and reinstall the application, or manually bind the certificate using the command line netsh.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow assets to be filtered based on template inheritance

We currently have Elements built on inherited templates. For example, we have ElementTemplate, which has inherited child templates,  ChildTemplateA and ChildTemplateB.

In PI System Explorer, we can do an Element Search and apply a template filter for ElementTemplate. The results will include any elements based on ElementTemplate, as well as any Elements based on both inherited child templates, ChildTemplateA and ChildTemplateB.

However, when building a shape in the integrator, there is currently no corresponding way to filter based on the parent template, ElementTemplate.

In order to provide a consistent user experience, the PI Integrator for Business Analytics should allow the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically remove data from continuous views

As an engineer using PI View or SQL writers for a report, I would like option to remove data older than a certain cutoff. For example, a continuous view is used to generate data for a report on the last 8 hours. Data older than that are no longer needed for the report and should be removed to avoid unnecessarily large tables.

One workaround with Text and Hadoop writers is the Append Timestamp option, but there's no ability to remove data from other targets.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow for sampling rate that is faster than one event per seconds

High frequency data is increasingly common. With examples in manufacturing of events happening entirely within a few 100s of milliseconds.
    The request is to allow the export of interpolated data at a rate higher than the current limit of 1 event per second.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support filtering Integrator time-enabled layer by date

I would like to filter my Integrator time-enabled feature layer by date like in http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/apply-filters.htm.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Conversion Faktor configuration to PI Integrator for BA

When adding Total column in PI Integrator fro BA it is one day total (Conversion Factor = 1) by default. This should be configurable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to add GUID of the Event Frame to a view

The abillity to add an Event frame's GUID is necessary to allow advanced solutions like genealogy to report on and link to a specific event frame.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve the UI to allow the starting/stopping of multiple views at once.

There are a variety of reasons why being able to handle views in bulk would be nice. If I am cleaning up the UI it would be easier to delete multiple views at once. If I am doing maintenance on a target and I want to stop a subset of views, then I currently have to do them one at a time. Allowing the option to select multiple views would aid in these tasks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base