PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expose PI Integrator Counters, Performance, and Status in Perfmon Counters

Add product specific Perfmon counters for Pi4BA, including specific counters for the Integrator Service, the Data Sync, and Worker processes, beyond the standard windows process data - Such as # active sessions, # views, # of AF syncs, number of views processed per worker, view status.

There was a previous feedback request that was marked as completed, as now some of this info is currently stored in the statistics table, but there is a separate table by view GUID, and a row of data stored per run per view - and the "stats" column seems to be encoded, making programatic…

31 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow PI Integrator to create a new file per publication in Amazon S3

As a PI Integrator user, I'd like PI Integrator to create a new file per publication in Amazon S3. Currently there is a workaround with Maximum Rows/Objects option in target configuration, but it is not straightforward and cumbersome.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow csv file rerun in PI Integrator for Business Analytics

Allow PI Integrator for Business Analytics to rerun a view that outputs to a csv file. Currently the "Update Data" button is grayed out.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve source AF migration/rename procedure for PI Integrator for Business Analytics

current procedure <What are the steps to point the PI Integrator to a new AF server for the element and attribute data that it publishes in views?> requires exporting/importing and republishing every single view, which is tremendous amount of work. On top of this, all existing data tables are dropped and re-created. Please provide a utility or an easy way to accomplish it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow selection of US region for languages other than English

Users should have the option to select the US as their region for languages other than English.

Currently, the US does not appear in the region list when selecting French as the language.

This would be useful for non-English users who wish to maintain an American date format.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display data for entire time range progressively in map client data table

As a PI Integrator user, I would like the data table in an Esri map for a PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS time-enabled layer to progressively display data for the entire time range on the map. This is related to the enhancement request: As Time Passes setting on Integrator Time-enabled Layer

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support ESRI ArcGIS 10.8.1

Please update testing to include support for ESRI Arc GIS 10.8.1 which was released in July 2020

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide more information on why logon failed

When using PI Integrator for esri ArcGIS, logon to Enterprise portal or AGOL can fail. But the current UI does not provide why it failed.
    As a user, I would like to know why my portal/AGOL login have failed so that I can either use alternate accounts or troubleshoot issue more promptly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't recreate SQL View tables for minor changes

As a Developer, it would be useful if the SQL tables outputted by the PI Integrator for Business Analytics were not deleted and recreated when minor changes are made to the Integrator View, such as the schedule. This would stop connections/queries being made to these tables from being broken.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow a custom column in PI Integrator UI My Views page

Allow a custom column in PI Integrator UI My Views page for notes/comments, such as on how we intend to use the view

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support publish data directly to AWS RDS Oracle Database 19c

Support publish data directly to AWS RDS Oracle Database 19c to allow easier data integration and processing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. custom target

all to develop custom targets, if Osisoft is not planning to support it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bypass Certificate Prechecks for PI Integrator Upgrade

Similar to PI Web API certificate feedback recently implemented in PI Vision 2020.

If PI Integrator is currently using a 3rd party certificate and is upgraded- have installer bypass certificate prechecks and continue to use the same certificate with the upgrade. Some customers have restrictions on the servers where we need to install the SSL certificates, that make it impossible to verify the validity (e.g. no access to revocation servers).
    The certificate is accepted by clients as those have different authorisations.

I would like to optionally bypass the certificate checks in the PI Integrator installer to allow using the same…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AWS Timestream support

AWS Timestream should be supported ..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As Time Passes setting on Integrator Time-enabled Layer

As a customer, I would like to use the "As time passes, progressively display all the data to show all the data over time" in the time setting of Time-enabled Layer. This will allow me to create a heat map based on moving assets' paths cumulatively over a long time similar to the hurricane path examples in https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-time.htm

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SQL Views include a column for time of the export

I would like a column to be configured for "time of export" For instance, if I have scheduled the periodicity of 1h, I would like the value of the column changed each hour. Currently, this is not possible as I can only add the timestamp (local and EF) but both are giving the same timestamp (EF one), which is not useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Configuration of S3 Target Endpoint to Enable S3-Compatible Storage Solutions

Currently PI hardcodes the AWS S3 endpoint. We would like to target open source S3-compatible storage solutions but are inhibited by the lack of configuration available when setting up the S3 target

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include DST to the sampling interval

If values in the view are sampled by more than few minutes (12 ours for example) DST change can be an issue, especially if you want to have values exactly at 12 am/pm. It should be optional to include DST into sampling interval.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Expose counters to track communication health between PI Integrator Framework and the Worker Nodes

As a PI Administrator, I need to determine the health of the PI Integrator. I wish to monitor the connection and inter-process behaviour between the integrator and multiple worker nodes. I would like to be able to determine when a worker node disconnects from the integrator framework/host, hangs or becomes unavailable as this will result in no data being published. By monitoring the health and performance of all components of the PI Integrator, I can take a proactive approach to system health and performance.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Configuration improvements

Post configuration (for this installation we're only using manually configured services/layers), you must walk through the wizard again to see how the data store / service / layer might be defined in GeoEvent Server. For support in these conditions, it would be helpful on the layer pages under ArcGIS tab to see how the layer is actually configured.

In addition, once created, it is not possible to change descriptions of services / layers. I could potentially use these fields to provide links to the above in external documentation, but cannot edit it.

Perhaps there are ways to do this, but…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED