PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for multiple events with same timestamp in PI Integrator for BA

The Integrator for BA appears to be a great fit for exporting event-based data such as Batch Interface Messages to external systems. Interpolation doesn’t apply in these cases so we can use a tag as the ‘Key’ in value mode selection.
    However, there are cases where a tag can have multiple entries at a given timestamp (e.g. EMDVB Recipe Parameter Downloads) and the current behavior is to only include the first value in the output view. This approach results in missing data and makes the integrator unusable in these cases.
    Ideally the view would return all records (as per PI…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow publish to Azure data lake store gen. 2

Allow PI intergrator for Business Analytics to publish to Azure data lake store gen. 2.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Specify desired logging level

As a PII4BA administrator I would like to specify a logging level so I can filter which logs I want to store and which ones I don't want to store in the database.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Is this an issue of limited SQL storage? We have a log retention policy that can be configured by the user in the CAST.UI.WindowsService.exe CONFIG file today. By default it only retains a maximum of 2 months of data AND no more than 100k rows AND no more than 1000MB of disk space. Similar retention policies can be created for the PIIntegratorStats database as well.

Let me know if this would satisfy the requirement. Or provide more information on how specifying the logging level would help. If you could, which logging levels would you keep vs. throw away and why?

5. Add support for Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA)

Our organization uses gMSAs to run other PI services, so I would like to be able to run the PI Integrator services under a gMSA account.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expose PI Integrator view statuses

Customers who plan to have a significant number of views need a better way to manage the status of their views other than periodically checking the PI Integrator UI.

There should be a way to obtain view statuses through other programs (custom or PI), so that users can receive alerts if a view goes into an error status.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Create View Templates

For a large implementation of the Integrator, the ability to create View Templates would be very helpful. While the ability to create a View based on an existing View and the ability to export/import Views are both steps in the right direction, I'd like a View template to be source agnostic with regard to the Asset Shape. For example, I want to configure a metadata view that will have PI Points, uoms, paths, categories, descriptions, etc. for each Attribute I'm publishing in another View. We're talking hundreds of columns as a result. If I try to import this View, then…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow large queries to be split up into manageable pieces

If I build a view in the Integrator that asks the Data Archive for a large amount of information my query can timeout. This will result in the Integrator writing NULL values to certain columns of my view. As a current workaround I just build a view that spans a shorter time frame to decrease the amount of data I ask for in my query to avoid NULL values. I then can use the Update Data functionality to additional time frames in manageable pieces. This is not ideal and I do not believe it was the intended use of the…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow configurable column size (nvarchar) when publishing to a relational table

The current default column size is 4000 characters. It would be nice to allow the user to have control over this parameter.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow PiView to be removed from Identities "Allowed Publish Target"

This is very similar to the "Allow PI View Target to be disabled" suggestion below (I voted for that one as well). - I can understand if PiView needs to remain to simplify installation, but if I have a specific group of users that I want to just be able to publish to specific targets, I CAN"T currently remove "Pi View", and it always comes up 1st on the list of potential dropdowns.

In this case, I don't want users publishing to PIView, rather I just one to give them a single choice, that is controlled at the Admin level.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PI Integrator for BA support for Amazon RDS database

It would be useful if the Integrator could use Amazon's RDS in addition to SQL Server as a backend for publishing views.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New target Azure Cosmos DB

Implement new target Azure Cosmos DB - this is today not available and not on roadmap

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow data encoding to be configurable

Certain data applications, such as Azure Stream Analytics, require specific encoding of data (eg UTF-8 vs UTF-16). In order to use these applications, the PI Integrator should allow the data encoding to be configurable during view creation.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow attribute annotations to be published with the Integrator

I want to publish the attribute annotation for a time series event using the Integrator. For example, if a user enters data in PI Manual Logger, they enter comments as annotations to the tag event. I would like to publish those annotations along with the attribute event's timestamp and value.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have option to publish data only when the value changes

As a user for PI Integrator for BA, I would like to have an option to only publish data when the value changes. The use case: a point is calculated via analysis service once a minute, and the value does not change often. I want the data to be published only when the value changes. Right now, PI Integrator for BA publishes the same (unchanged) value at each run with a different timestamp.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What writer are you using? PI Integrator for Business Analytics Advanced Edition supports streaming use cases where the PI Integrator signs up for changes on relevant attributes and only sends data when values have changed based on the Snapshot or the Archive. Supported targets today are Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Hubs, and Azure IoT Hub.

17. Option to schedule a view to run once

To minimize the load off of piarchss and pisnapss, it would be helpful to be able to schedule views to run once at a specific time. For example, a view to collect data from (January 2018 to January 2019) for multiple years so that it doesn't interfere with other views running.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support SAP HANA multitenant database

We would like the Integrator to support connecting to SAP HANA multitenant databases. The SAP ODBC writer used for PI Integrator for SAP HANA assumes that <port> takes the form 3<instance number>15 as stated in the HANA v2.0 SPS00 documentation. Since this is not true for multitenant databases, PI Integrator for SAP HANA does not currently support multitenant databases.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for SAP HANA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Configurable message key for Apache Kafka targets

Being able to specify message keys for Apache Kafka targets would allow users to configure partitions.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show a note for the user in Preview Data that only the first 100 rows are shown

At first I thought the Integrator only retrieved 100 rows of data.  It would be nice to know that the actual publication is not reflective of the preview and that the page is limited to the first 100 rows of results.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED