PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow selection of US region for languages other than English

Users should have the option to select the US as their region for languages other than English.

Currently, the US does not appear in the region list when selecting French as the language.

This would be useful for non-English users who wish to maintain an American date format.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose PI Integrator Counters, Performance, and Status in Perfmon Counters

Add product specific Perfmon counters for Pi4BA, including specific counters for the Integrator Service, the Data Sync, and Worker processes, beyond the standard windows process data - Such as # active sessions, # views, # of AF syncs, number of views processed per worker, view status.

There was a previous feedback request that was marked as completed, as now some of this info is currently stored in the statistics table, but there is a separate table by view GUID, and a row of data stored per run per view - and the "stats" column seems to be encoded, making programatic…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Configuration of S3 Target Endpoint to Enable S3-Compatible Storage Solutions

Currently PI hardcodes the AWS S3 endpoint. We would like to target open source S3-compatible storage solutions but are inhibited by the lack of configuration available when setting up the S3 target

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't recreate SQL View tables for minor changes

As a Developer, it would be useful if the SQL tables outputted by the PI Integrator for Business Analytics were not deleted and recreated when minor changes are made to the Integrator View, such as the schedule. This would stop connections/queries being made to these tables from being broken.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display next run time for scheduled views

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to view the next run time of my scheduled view to ensure that I have configured it correctly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have the Column Headers show up regardless whether this is the first of second file of an export data file?

Have the PI Integrator for Business Analytics always create Column Headers regardless if it appending to the same file or a different file, and ID to reset to 1. Currently, "Append Timestamp" is unchecked and upon the program removing the file from the original export location, sometimes the column headers will not show up and the ID will not reset as the Integrator believes that it is appending data when the first file that is gone. The First file will always contain the Column Headers and ID will start at 1. Please let all subsequent file Column Headers and ID…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support latest Oracle database and ODAC version

As a user who publishes to Oracle, I would like the PI Integrator to support the latest Oracle database and ODAC versions so that I can take advantage of Oracle bug fixes.

For example, the PI Integrator 2020 version supports only ODAC 12.1.0.2.4 , but nuisance messages due to the following were resolved in a later version of ODAC: ORA-03137: Malformed TTC Packet From Client Rejected.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow/Support URL Redirection within PI Integrator internal Webserver

Currently, PI integrator is setup on a SSL endpoint (443) and responds to https://FQDN, and https:/hostname, it ignores any requests to http:/FQDN (on port 80)

This request is to allow some URL redirect or URL rewrite mechanism to allow URL forwarding for http://host or even https:/host -> https:/FQDN

For certs issued with only a DNS of SAN=FQDN (no SAN=Host), having such forwarding would prevent a SSL cert warning about the URL and cert name mismatch.

Finally, and more generally, given the possibility of future URL updates (like /PICoresight to /PIVision), or even host name moves, the ability to do…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow PI Integrator for Business Analytics to publish to an existing/pre-defined table

PI Integrator creates tables in the destination database. I'd like to have PI Integrator publishes data to pre-defined tables.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Expose counters to track communication health between PI Integrator Framework and the Worker Nodes

As a PI Administrator, I need to determine the health of the PI Integrator. I wish to monitor the connection and inter-process behaviour between the integrator and multiple worker nodes. I would like to be able to determine when a worker node disconnects from the integrator framework/host, hangs or becomes unavailable as this will result in no data being published. By monitoring the health and performance of all components of the PI Integrator, I can take a proactive approach to system health and performance.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please have PI Integrator for Business Analytics supports high availability (HA)

As a user of PI Integrator for Business Analytics, I'd like to have it support high availability (HA).

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support non-domain SQL server as PI Integrator backend

PI Integrator supports SQL authentication to the backend SQL server. However, the install user is only authenticated to the SQL server by windows authentication, which makes using a non-domain SQL Server unfeasible. Please support a non-domain SQL server as the Integrator backend to allow more flexible architecture options.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow PI Integrator to transform data before publishing it

We have data coming from an RDBMS Interface with the format XXX|YYY|ZZZ.

In some cases, we have several records with the same timestamp, so we cannot use an Analysis in AF to separate XXX|YYY|ZZZ into 3 different tags with the values XXX, YYY, and ZZZ.

When we push this tag to a SQL Server through PI Integrator for BA, we would like to have the option to do this transformation there (from 1 column to 3 different ones), instead of finally creating a view in the SQL Server where we do the transformation.

Feedback written as a recommendation from case…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expose additional Kafka target configuration options

To accommodate high frequency messages to Apache Kafka brokers, additional tuning of Kafka producers can be necessary to prevent high CPU and Disk I/O load. The PI Integrator should expose these parameters to allow users the ability to adjust their system as necessary. The following are common parameters that would allow for this:

- Batch Size (batch.size)

- Linger time (linger.msg)
    - Buffer memory (buffer.memory)
    - LZ4 compression

Additionally, many projects may require that acknowledgements be sent back to the producer to confirm that they were properly received. The PI Integrator should provide the option as for whether or not…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow publish to Azure data lake store gen. 2

Allow PI intergrator for Business Analytics to publish to Azure data lake store gen. 2.

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the friendly name of the self-signed certificate to "PI Integrator for Business Analytics Self-signed Certificate"

To avoid confusion during certificate selection, please change the friendly name of the self-signed certificate from "PI Integrator for Business Analytics" to "PI Integrator for Business Analytics Self-signed Certificate"
    PI SQL DAS self-signed certificate has the friendly name "PI SQL Data Access Server Self-signed Certificate", which is quite clear.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. External triggers for streaming views

Request to allow for streaming view triggers based on attributes that are not already in the schema. Need to be able to specify external triggers while defining the shape for a streaming view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Streaming view triggers external to the schema

Request to allow for streaming view triggers based on attributes that are not already in the schema. Need to be able to soecify external triggers

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After manually updating data, the next scheduled publish should ensure it does not publish duplicates

As a PI Integrator user, if I use the manual "Update Data" option to correct a time period that includes data that will be published on the next scheduled publication run I do not want this next scheduled run to publish duplicate rows. For example, if I have an Event View that publishes on the hour every hour and the last run was at 1:00 PM, if I run update data at 1:25 PM specifying start time 1:00 PM to end time *, the next scheduled publish will look at the 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM time range and therefore…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Oracle schema to be configurable

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to specify a schema for my Oracle publish target so that the Integrator only uses the schema that my Database Administrator specifies for me. Currently it is not possible to specify a schema for the Integrator to use, so it will use the Oracle logon's schema by default.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED