PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for "BoD" (beginning of day) in Start Time End Time

As a user who creates daily reports with the Integrator, it would be great if setting the period had a function similar to AF's Analysis "BoD" which returns the beginning of a day regardless of time input so that it will avoid confusion and ease the dependency between the job running time and the selection period.  Currently if I want a job to get data from midnight to midnight at 1AM everyday, I have to use Start time *-25h and End time *-61m (to avoid 2 values of the daily interpolation).

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for "Limits" in PI System Explorer

As a user of AF, we would like it to be the system of record for our data.  For some of our KPIs, we would like to leverage the Limits feature in PI System Explorer and have the ability to add those limits to the Integrator.  Then we can leverage the limits downstream when creating our dashboards to show if a KPI is below or above a limit.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show a note for the user in Preview Data that only the first 100 rows are shown

At first I thought the Integrator only retrieved 100 rows of data.  It would be nice to know that the actual publication is not reflective of the preview and that the page is limited to the first 100 rows of results.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save the original First Run Time field when modifying a view

When modifying a view that has already ran successfully, the First Run Time is not preserved.  The last time I configured it, it was set to a future date at 1AM.  When I modify it again, the field is populated with '*'.  It would be nice to have the last configuration saved even if it's not valid, so that I have the context of what I last configured.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it easy to find updated security patches to OSISoft Products

As a PI Administrator for a power company I am asked twice a month to verify that none of the products I support have had a security patch released.  Any such products in a NERC zone need to be patched within the next 12 days.

It used to be fairly easy to look at updates to all PI Client tools to find released security patches.  So far I haven't been able to find out if any have been patched.  This would also include interfaces which are prone to being run in a NERC environment.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide support for Element Attribute with Value Retrieval Method by time Not Supported when requesting sampled data with an interval

When retrieving AF attributes with a by Time Range setting of Not supported, the integrator will not return the data for the intervals as defined by the Query.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow for default AF DB/Server to be reflected when building a new shape

When a user starts making a new Shape in the Designer UI they are given a list of AF Servers/DBs to choose from.The list is currently in alphabetical order and the first item is selected. It would be great if there were some default could be reflected so the user can immediately start working on the shape.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Admin logs should filter out deleted views

Currently the Views drop down in the Admin > Logs page shows all views from AF Configuration. The list can show apparent duplicate view names, since it also includes deleted views. Either allow the option to filter out deleted views, or have the ability to clean up old views from AF Configuration.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a "Written" timestamp column when publishing a view to indicate when the data row was modified/written

Have an extra column in the view that indicates when the data row is actually written to the target.
    The current timestamp column is the timestamp of the value itself, not when the data row is written.
    This will be especially useful for troubleshooting, or when PI Integrator is updating existing value in a target table (will give indication of which data row was recently updated).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send a notification if a view fails to publish successfully

As a user, I would like a notification or email when a view did not succeed so that I can take action to backfill or triage the situation.  Currently I can only use the Last Run Time and it takes a long time to verify when each view's expected run time matches with the actual Last Run Time.  The Integrator does show an error icon when a view fails, but if the next run of the view succeeds, the icon disappears and the user has no way of knowing unless the user checks the 3rd party destination.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customize text file target

Ability to set the locales for each text file target individually.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support Silent (Unattended) Installation and configuration to ease cloud deployment

Please provide a silent installation capability for PI Integrators. A preferred implementation would be a command line approach (as opposed to a silent ini). This allows for the install to be execute via a command prompt or via PowerShell where configuration settings are passed as command line arguments as is done currently with the integrated PI Server install kit. An ability to export the command syntax from the PI Integrator install kit would be an added bonus. (Example of the specific implementation can be found on page 294 of the PI Server 2018 Installation and Upgrade Guide.)

An extension to…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve performance on narrow table queries

Improve performance of queries resulting in a narrow table. This can happen for queries with many Elements, each with a few Attributes, where bulk queries to the data source are not possible. A narrow table can also result when using * for the Attribute criteria, as each Attribute is then considered a separate match.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Grant permissions only to configure targets

As a PI Integrator Administrator I need to grant permissions to a group of users to configure targets since they are the administrators of the target systems (SQL Server, ADLS, etc.), but they don't need access to other administrator tasks like security management.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display full path of the element in the column name

When there are multiple attributes named the same for different elements, the full path is automatically done to avoid duplicated column names. Element without name duplication issue should also have the option to display the full path column name.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enhance Scheduling Options

Would like the ability to schedule publishing a view during specific times of the day, for example between 6 PM and 3 AM every day (to reduce network load)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow to Manually execute a publish once view

To execute a view with the same parameters, it is actually mandatory to edit the view to be able to execute it again.
    It would be nice to be able to force its execution using a right clic on it for example

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display the total number of matches for a shape

When applying a filter when building a shape, the Integrator displays a limited amount of matching elements which is fine.
    It would be useful do display the number of element matches as an additional info

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign up for updates on the PI AF Server for new event frames

Currently, the PI Integrator for BA 2018 will add rows for event frames ending within the scheduled update time range. It would be better if the PI Integrator signed up for updates on the database and gets a list of all new or modified event frames to handle the cases where event frames are closed with an end time in the past that is not covered by the run period anymore.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow filtering and/or sorting in Integrator Admin page - Licensing tab

As an Integrator administrator, I would like to be able to easily find specific Views in the Licensing tab of the admin page by filtering and/or sorting the table. Currently, when many Views have been created and deleted, it is hard to find specific Views or even find ones that have streams that can be recovered.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED