PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Validate any link entered in the endpoint section (Vision, Portal, GeoEvent)

The PI Integrator should validate any link entered in the endpoint section (PI Vision, Portal, GeoEvent). It should warn the user of any certificate issues or port that are not opened.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable automatic matches in Modify View screen

As a PI View creator with an AF Database with several thousands of elements, I need to disable automatic matches so the GUI would run faster, and when I have finished shaping my data I should be able to enable matches again.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow configurable publish target timeout for SQL target

If the Integrator encounters a timeout writing data to a publish target, it would be nice to be able to configure this timeout in the Integrator's configuration file (%PIHOME64%\Integrators\BA\CAST.UI.WindowsService.exe.config). It is currently not possible for the user to specify this timeout for writing to a publish target.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This use case seems to be most applicable to SQL, which has an execution timeout. The feature will be available for the SQL target in the next release after PI Integrator for Business Analytics 2018 R2. If you have a use case like this for another target besides SQL, please create a new idea. Thank you!

4. ESRI Integrator support for Element references

Support for element references within PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create non-clustered index via the Integrator front end

Our end users tend not to have SQL access. We would like to allow them to create clustered indexes to increase the performance of a SQL query on the target view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to permanently delete views

I often create test views and then delete them from the User Interface when they are no longer needed. The Licensing page in the User Interface and the configuration database, however, still show these deleted views, which can be confusing when we are trying to recover streams. It would be nice if there were a way to permanently delete a view from the Licensing page and backend configuration database when we are sure they are no longer needed.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PI to Maximo integration

When PI is used to gather equipment sensor information but Maximo is used for asset management, it would be helpful to have a simple way to get equipment information out of PI and into Maximo.  This would be useful for scheduling preventative maintenance, among other things.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback and ideas so far! At this time, we have commitments and another planned release for PI Integrator for Business Analytics at the end of 2018. We will revisit this idea again after the next release. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or additional feedback.

8. PI Integrator end point for MQTT

Support an end point for MQTT

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send timestamps to esri ArcGIS along with values

As a PI admin I would like to be able to optionally send through the timestamps of attributes to esri ArcGIS so that my end users can be sure that the data they are seeing in maps is current.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add AMQP message queuing (like RabbitMQ) as a target to the PI Integrator for BA

As a BigData analyst, I need to be able to add PI information to a global AMQP message queuing middleware, RabbitMQ being one example amongst others. From this message queue other consumers will have access to PI information along with message queues from other sources for offline or streaming analysis.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. UoM conversions should be optional

Currently the integrator takes the Unit-of-Measure Class of the first element found that matches the asset shape, and uses that for all elements. This causes UoM conversion problems if other elements have units from a different class.

I want the UoM conversion to be optional, as only at design time one can determine if the current set of elements, AND the future set of elements returned by the asset shape would support any UoM conversion or not.
    There are no technical means to ascertain the UoM class for future elements returned by the asset shape would match the current class.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow the user to customize the decimal separator

Currently, the only available decimal separator is the period (.). In some cases, the customer may want to use other decimal separators such as the comma (,). It would make sense for the decimal separator to follow the convention of the region and language selected in the UI, or have an option in the menu set it to something custom.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Throttle Data Archive reads

As an Integrator user, I do not want to overwhelm the PI Data Archive when the Integrator reads data, either for an initial view backfilling operation or when I have multiple views running in real-time. I would like the Integrator to throttle Data Archive reads so as to not overwhelm the Data Archive or give me insight when I am making an expensive Data Archive call with the Integrator.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support authentication to Apache Hive via Kerberos

I would like to be able to publish data from the PI Integrator for Business Analytics to Apache Hive that is set up for only Kerberos authentication.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select all the attributes in a row

When I click on the "Select All" button in order to select all the attributes of a view, the child attributes are not automatically selected and it is needed to select them one by one.

Could it be possible to implement a new version of this functionality in order to facilitate our work?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Json format as output targets

Add the possibility of adding a target as a json file format

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you voted for this idea, did you mean JSON format in the Text File target, or to support JSON format in a new target or existing target? Currently we support JSON format for the Apache Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, Azure IoT Hub, Amazon Kinesis Data Streams, and Amazon S3 writers.

17. Add support for other GIS systems

Support integration to non-Esri GIS systems such as GE Smallworld

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Organize views in Integrator User Interface

We would like a better way to manage views in the Integrator User Interface. For example, we would like the views to be able to be sorted into a folder structure. With many views it is hard to properly manage them without something to sort them.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support filtering Integrator time-enabled layer by date

I would like to filter my Integrator time-enabled feature layer by date like in http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/apply-filters.htm.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send Notification When Publish Job Complete

Not sure this would help with continuous jobs, but for large jobs that are scheduled to run one time (for example: publish last 2 years of history) it would be nice to be able to have PI Integrator send off a notification when the job is complete. In the administration section where you can create publish targets, you could add a section, notification targets, where you could define a group of people to send a notification to by email. In the email I could see it stating that the publish job is complete and maybe some high level stats, but…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED