PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support data aggregation when requesting data with a time interval filter through PI Integrator for Esri feature service

Provide support for Element Attribute with Value Retrieval Method by time-Time Range, By Time Range-Maximum/Minimum/Average/Total when requesting data with a time interval through PI Integrator for Esri feature service.

We are creating Esri Web App Builder chart and map widgets that show PI data, and we are using PI Integrator for Esri to access the PI data. One use case is to show max feeder load for a set of feeders over a set time range in a bar chart, the time range could be a particular month, year, quarter, or ad-hoc date range selected by the user through a…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Boolean row filter

In PI Integrator for BA, to use filter on an attribute configured as Boolean Value Type, we can use Numeric filter. However, 'attribute' = 1 does not work because it filters out all the rows. We have to use 'attribute' = True. It is not intuitive that we can use string value in a numeric filter. Is there any way OSIsoft can improve the UI, like add a row filter option for Boolean?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow PiView to be removed from Identities "Allowed Publish Target"

This is very similar to the "Allow PI View Target to be disabled" suggestion below (I voted for that one as well). - I can understand if PiView needs to remain to simplify installation, but if I have a specific group of users that I want to just be able to publish to specific targets, I CAN"T currently remove "Pi View", and it always comes up 1st on the list of potential dropdowns.

In this case, I don't want users publishing to PIView, rather I just one to give them a single choice, that is controlled at the Admin level.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PI Integrator for BA support for Amazon RDS database

It would be useful if the Integrator could use Amazon's RDS in addition to SQL Server as a backend for publishing views.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to configure the number of decimals for an analog column

I would to force the number of decimals the Integrator writes for a given analog value

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a "Written" timestamp column when publishing a view to indicate when the data row was modified/written

Have an extra column in the view that indicates when the data row is actually written to the target.
    The current timestamp column is the timestamp of the value itself, not when the data row is written.
    This will be especially useful for troubleshooting, or when PI Integrator is updating existing value in a target table (will give indication of which data row was recently updated).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve performance on narrow table queries

Improve performance of queries resulting in a narrow table. This can happen for queries with many Elements, each with a few Attributes, where bulk queries to the data source are not possible. A narrow table can also result when using * for the Attribute criteria, as each Attribute is then considered a separate match.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Grant permissions only to configure targets

As a PI Integrator Administrator I need to grant permissions to a group of users to configure targets since they are the administrators of the target systems (SQL Server, ADLS, etc.), but they don't need access to other administrator tasks like security management.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add support for Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA)

Our organization uses gMSAs to run other PI services, so I would like to be able to run the PI Integrator services under a gMSA account.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display full path of the element in the column name

When there are multiple attributes named the same for different elements, the full path is automatically done to avoid duplicated column names. Element without name duplication issue should also have the option to display the full path column name.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unique Output Streams Consumed/Remaining notification

I would like to get notified for Unique Output Streams Consumed or Remaining in PI Integrator Administration page under Licensing.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it easy to find updated security patches to OSISoft Products

As a PI Administrator for a power company I am asked twice a month to verify that none of the products I support have had a security patch released.  Any such products in a NERC zone need to be patched within the next 12 days.

It used to be fairly easy to look at updates to all PI Client tools to find released security patches.  So far I haven't been able to find out if any have been patched.  This would also include interfaces which are prone to being run in a NERC environment.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow to Manually execute a publish once view

To execute a view with the same parameters, it is actually mandatory to edit the view to be able to execute it again.
    It would be nice to be able to force its execution using a right clic on it for example

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display the total number of matches for a shape

When applying a filter when building a shape, the Integrator displays a limited amount of matching elements which is fine.
    It would be useful do display the number of element matches as an additional info

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow attribute annotations to be published with the Integrator

I want to publish the attribute annotation for a time series event using the Integrator. For example, if a user enters data in PI Manual Logger, they enter comments as annotations to the tag event. I would like to publish those annotations along with the attribute event's timestamp and value.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Questionable as Data Content option

As a data science user, I would like to be able to include additional PI/AF tag information such as is Questionable so that I may filter out data down stream easier.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow large queries to be split up into manageable pieces

If I build a view in the Integrator that asks the Data Archive for a large amount of information my query can timeout. This will result in the Integrator writing NULL values to certain columns of my view. As a current workaround I just build a view that spans a shorter time frame to decrease the amount of data I ask for in my query to avoid NULL values. I then can use the Update Data functionality to additional time frames in manageable pieces. This is not ideal and I do not believe it was the intended use of the…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Configurable message key for Apache Kafka targets

Being able to specify message keys for Apache Kafka targets would allow users to configure partitions.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Validate any link entered in the endpoint section (Vision, Portal, GeoEvent)

The PI Integrator should validate any link entered in the endpoint section (PI Vision, Portal, GeoEvent). It should warn the user of any certificate issues or port that are not opened.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED