PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to select all child elements and replicate parts of the AF hierarchy when using Streaming Views

As an end user utilizing existing AF hierarchies with the PI Integrator for Business Analytics, I would like the ability to select entire parts of the AF hierarchy when creating streaming views such as the ability to select all child elements and their respective attributes. Filters can work when the hierarchy has been optimized with the Integrator in mind but not in all situations.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support data filtering on map for time-enabled layers with PI Point attributes for geometry

Currently the PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS does not support data filtering on the map when PI Point attributes are used for the X and Y fields for a time-enabled layer.

I would like the integrator to allow data filtering on the map regardless of whether the geometry is static or dynamic.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for capture of late-arriving in-order data by the PI Integrator

Currently the PI Integrator for BA captures out-of-order data and edits of existing data in the archive through PI Integrator sync service. However, it does not capture late arriving data which may happen as a result of network outages between a PI Interface/Connector and the PI Data Archive. For these situations, the PI Integrator publishes null values unless a key column attribute is used to generate the timestamps. Ideally changes should be captured for late arriving data so that data is automatically updated from the PI Integrator when it eventually arrives.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For timestamp columns, provide more timezones in addition to local and GMT

The timestamp columns in Pi Integrator only have "local" and "GMT" options. If possible, it would be useful to add additional timezones which would return the timestamp converted to that timezone.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Set the default installation path to PIHOME64 instead of C:\Program Files\OSIsoft\Integrators\Esri ArcGIS\

The installation path should be consistent with all other OSIsoft products that are installed in PIHOME64.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Push archived values for multiple attributes within one view

Right now, you can essentially choose one column/attribute to get the archived values and use that as a key. So the timestamp for every column in the view would be the timestamps associated with one column's archived values.
    I would like to push just the archived values for every attribute within in my view and not be limited by one key.

This would probably go well with this request: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/555136-pi-integrators/suggestions/38777014-more-control-over-view-format-wide-verse-long-tab

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More control over view format (wide verse long tables)

I would like to be able to have more control over the format of the views. For instance, right now it automatically populates every included attribute as a column. For my continuous data attributes I would like to be able to condense the 50+ individual attribute columns into 3 columns : attribute, value, timestamp. This would make the table a long format instead of wide.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please have the PI Integrator for Business Analytics support Windows Server Core

As a user of PI Integrator for Business Analytics, I'd like to have it support Windows Server Core operating systems.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please have PI Integrator for Business Analytics supports high availability (HA)

As a user of PI Integrator for Business Analytics, I'd like to have it support high availability (HA).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Modification on PI Integrator published view

Often, once a view is published, we would like to add a tag to it.

Unfortunately, for this we need to copy the view and it'll create a copy of the target, forcing us to backfill again all the view.

We would like this to change.

Knowing that other companies would like to keep published view locked, this is our proposal:

• when a copy of the view is made, on the publish panel, you can select a target and also choose to create a new table or select an existing table.
      -> This will allow us to publish to the…
    10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add value option to publish element version metadata

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to publish metadata about a given element's/attribute's AF version metadata (such as number like 0, 1, 2) so that I am aware when an element/attribute version has changed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support element and attribute versioning for all value retrieval methods

As a PI Integrator user, I would like the Integrator to support retrieving element and attribute versioned data and metadata (PI Point, element GUID, etc.) so that the data I publish with the Integrator are correct in their respective time context. For example, my attribute's data reference may be Tag1 until the equipment was decommissioned a month ago, and then a new element version is created to reference Tag2. I would like the Integrator to respect the AF element/attribute versioning effective dates to determine the correct data to publish.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Log which user starts or stops a view

Integrators should log which user stops or starts a view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure IoT Hub: allow Integrator to use device-level connection string

As an Azure IoT Administrator, I would like to only give the Integrator minimum permissions to my IoT hub in order to minimize security concerns and reduce management overhead for shared access keys. Currently I can specify a device ID in the Integrator's Admin > Targets page, but this still requires a connection string for the IoT hub as opposed to the individual IoT device. I instead want to be able to use the device-level connection string.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support SAML authentication

The PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS does not support SAML authentication through Portal. Support for SAML authentication would allow PI Integrator users to configure their own Identity Provider.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support attribute renames

When an attribute(s) name changes, I would like the Integrator to propagate that change to existing views that contain the attribute. The Integrator does support element renames but not attribute name changes. Currently, we have to republish the affected views in order to continue publishing data for the renamed attributes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add offset options

I'd like the ability to configure offsets so that 1) my Views are consistently run for the same time intervals (important for statistical calculations) and 2) I can stagger the publishing of my Views to improve performance.

If I were publishing a relative Continuous View with Start: *-10m to End: * and my goal publishing period were to be something like 08:40 to 08:50--

For the first, I envision this similar to interface scan class offsets. I'd like to schedule an offset so the View runs every ten minutes but must start at 00:00. This would help avoid accidentally clicking…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support ArcGIS Print widget

Example customer use case:

In order for the HSE team to drive continuous improvement, it is desired to integrate real time data and GIS maps, and be able to export findings in a certain area of the map into a pdf format (using the Print Widget) which can then be saved for future use and also shared among the team.

When turning on only static layers (layers that are not published by Integrator), the printing works fine, but having a static pdf is not of much use to the HSE team and they need to see the layers on the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Azure IOT backfill

The backfill option in Azure IOT integrator should handle the raw data, instead of pushing the 1 minute interpolated values.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide support for automatic updates for PI data in Event Views

There are automatic updates for PI data in Asset Views and Streaming Views, but not currently in Event Views which is what's used for Event Frames. This is important for propagating changes in EFs

Use case example: GADS classification. Data comes in and EFs are created. The integrator picks this up and sends the info along. Some time later (maybe a few days / maybe month end) data comes in re-classifying / updating the original data (ex. GADS code or attributes). In order to accommodate this manual intervention using the "Update Data" button is required.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED