PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SQL Views include a column for time of the export

I would like a column to be configured for "time of export" For instance, if I have scheduled the periodicity of 1h, I would like the value of the column changed each hour. Currently, this is not possible as I can only add the timestamp (local and EF) but both are giving the same timestamp (EF one), which is not useful.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow csv file rerun in PI Integrator for Business Analytics

Allow PI Integrator for Business Analytics to rerun a view that outputs to a csv file. Currently the "Update Data" button is grayed out.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include DST to the sampling interval

If values in the view are sampled by more than few minutes (12 ours for example) DST change can be an issue, especially if you want to have values exactly at 12 am/pm. It should be optional to include DST into sampling interval.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow PI Integrator to create a new file per publication in Amazon S3

As a PI Integrator user, I'd like PI Integrator to create a new file per publication in Amazon S3. Currently there is a workaround with Maximum Rows/Objects option in target configuration, but it is not straightforward and cumbersome.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disable the functionality deleting existing files when modified view is republished

When a view that publishes to a file-based publish target is republished, the existing published data files are deleted. Disable this functionality or show a confirmation message before republishing. If a user is unaware of this functionality and republish, all previous work will be deleted.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Apply the Row Filter criteria in the data preview screen for an Asset View before applying the 100 row cutoff

Have the row filter that you define in the preview screen for an Asset View be applied before the 100 row cutoff. Currently it applies that cutoff first which means you won't see any rows returned if the columns that have the value you're filtering for are outside of the first 100 rows.

I need to be able to preview the data that'd be returned and applying the 100 row cutoff first can make that impossible for larger datasets.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create an intermediate file cache for file writers that do not support append data

Some targets, for example S3, do not support append data. Therefore, anytime the PI Integrator for Business Analytics tries to update the file, it needs to reupload the entire file with additional data. As a consequence, during publications, the PI Integrator needs to upload the delta files multiple times as opposed to generating the file once locally and uploading it to S3, which would improve performance.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the creation of global filters so that they do not need to be created individually for each view

As a user that creates multiple views, allow the creation of global filters so that they do not need to be created individually for each view manually

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rest access to Results

Allow to access the results of a view directly via REST

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable Parquet as a file format for the text file writer

Allow the text file writer to create more efficient file formats such as Parquet

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow PI Integrator to transform data before publishing it

We have data coming from an RDBMS Interface with the format XXX|YYY|ZZZ.

In some cases, we have several records with the same timestamp, so we cannot use an Analysis in AF to separate XXX|YYY|ZZZ into 3 different tags with the values XXX, YYY, and ZZZ.

When we push this tag to a SQL Server through PI Integrator for BA, we would like to have the option to do this transformation there (from 1 column to 3 different ones), instead of finally creating a view in the SQL Server where we do the transformation.

Feedback written as a recommendation from case…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display next run time for scheduled views

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to view the next run time of my scheduled view to ensure that I have configured it correctly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. External triggers for streaming views

Request to allow for streaming view triggers based on attributes that are not already in the schema. Need to be able to specify external triggers while defining the shape for a streaming view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow PI Integrator for Business Analytics to publish to an existing/pre-defined table

PI Integrator creates tables in the destination database. I'd like to have PI Integrator publishes data to pre-defined tables.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Configuration of S3 Target Endpoint to Enable S3-Compatible Storage Solutions

Currently PI hardcodes the AWS S3 endpoint. We would like to target open source S3-compatible storage solutions but are inhibited by the lack of configuration available when setting up the S3 target

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manually refresh point configuration changes

As a PI System Admin, it would be useful to have a way of manually refreshing point configuration updates in the PI Integrator for Business Analytics user interface, instead of waiting for point changes to updated automatically. This would be useful for testing purposes and fast-moving projects. At present this is achieved by restarting the service however a button, similar to the Restart button in PI ICU for interfaces, would be helpful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't recreate SQL View tables for minor changes

As a Developer, it would be useful if the SQL tables outputted by the PI Integrator for Business Analytics were not deleted and recreated when minor changes are made to the Integrator View, such as the schedule. This would stop connections/queries being made to these tables from being broken.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Expose counters to track communication health between PI Integrator Framework and the Worker Nodes

As a PI Administrator, I need to determine the health of the PI Integrator. I wish to monitor the connection and inter-process behaviour between the integrator and multiple worker nodes. I would like to be able to determine when a worker node disconnects from the integrator framework/host, hangs or becomes unavailable as this will result in no data being published. By monitoring the health and performance of all components of the PI Integrator, I can take a proactive approach to system health and performance.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow saving message schema to a file from PI Integrator for Business Analytics UI

Currently, PI Integrator only allows to save message schema to Registry. I would like to be able to save the schema to a file (for example: .json, .csv) as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support non-domain SQL server as PI Integrator backend

PI Integrator supports SQL authentication to the backend SQL server. However, the install user is only authenticated to the SQL server by windows authentication, which makes using a non-domain SQL Server unfeasible. Please support a non-domain SQL server as the Integrator backend to allow more flexible architecture options.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED