PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable automatic matches in Modify View screen

As a PI View creator with an AF Database with several thousands of elements, I need to disable automatic matches so the GUI would run faster, and when I have finished shaping my data I should be able to enable matches again.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text file / ADLS Targets : Option to remove line number

add an option to skip line numbers in the output files

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text file / ADLS Targets : Split output files based on elementname or date

The output files can grow quite large.
    Suggestion :Split the files. Here is an example using AF element name and date :
    C:\Viewname\elementname\YYYY\elementname_YYYYMMDDHHssmm.csv

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AzureSQL Target should not need access to the master database

The AzureSQL Target should not need access to the master database

Current version of PII4BA gives this error message:
    Ref the error message
    The server principal "sqluser" is not able to access the database
    "master" under the current security context.

Microsoft's words:
    “Generally, non-administrator accounts do not need access to the master database”
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-manage-logins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow filtering and/or sorting in Integrator Admin page - Licensing tab

As an Integrator administrator, I would like to be able to easily find specific Views in the Licensing tab of the admin page by filtering and/or sorting the table. Currently, when many Views have been created and deleted, it is hard to find specific Views or even find ones that have streams that can be recovered.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Two way communication / write back to PI

Write back to PI from the Integrator for Machine Learning. Currently we are writing back to Excel from Azure Machine Learning Service but would like to do this with less integrations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow default schema to be configurable

Our Database Administrator would like the Integrator to publish using a different schema than dbo for SQL targets, so I would like this to be configurable in the Integrator. Currently it is not possible to change it from the default dbo.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Throttle Data Archive reads

As an Integrator user, I do not want to overwhelm the PI Data Archive when the Integrator reads data, either for an initial view backfilling operation or when I have multiple views running in real-time. I would like the Integrator to throttle Data Archive reads so as to not overwhelm the Data Archive or give me insight when I am making an expensive Data Archive call with the Integrator.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow multiple directories in Azure Data Lake Target

As an integrator for Business Analytics user I would like to be able to choose which directory in Azure data lake my view is published to so that is is easier to manage and analyse data once it is there.

Currently this is only possible through setting up additional targets, which is cumbersome.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support authentication to Apache Hive via Kerberos

I would like to be able to publish data from the PI Integrator for Business Analytics to Apache Hive that is set up for only Kerberos authentication.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Implement Testing methodology for Microsoft Patches

Implement Testing methodology for Microsoft Patches
    PI System owners need to ensure that their deployed systems both meet internal IT policies regarding recommended OS and other component recommended and critical patches, and that their PI applications are not adversely affected by these patches.

Consider a testing methodology similar to what PI AF employs which is currently to automatically monthly test all critical and recommended patches against the currently released application version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide more detailed error logging

Error message logs sometimes are not detailed enough to properly troubleshoot. The customer would like to increase logging available in order to get more insight as to what is going on.

One example - the PI Integrator for BA does not publish any message when there is a permissions/access issue to output data to a Kafka Topic.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to permanently delete views

I often create test views and then delete them from the User Interface when they are no longer needed. The Licensing page in the User Interface and the configuration database, however, still show these deleted views, which can be confusing when we are trying to recover streams. It would be nice if there were a way to permanently delete a view from the Licensing page and backend configuration database when we are sure they are no longer needed.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PI Integrator for SAP AIN

Currently we can only use the SAP Integrator for HANA.

An Integrator directly for SAP AIN would be helpful for predictive maintenance use cases.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for other GIS systems

Support integration to non-Esri GIS systems such as GE Smallworld

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send Notification When Publish Job Complete

Not sure this would help with continuous jobs, but for large jobs that are scheduled to run one time (for example: publish last 2 years of history) it would be nice to be able to have PI Integrator send off a notification when the job is complete. In the administration section where you can create publish targets, you could add a section, notification targets, where you could define a group of people to send a notification to by email. In the email I could see it stating that the publish job is complete and maybe some high level stats, but…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow configurable publish target timeout

If the Integrator encounters a timeout writing data to a publish target, it would be nice to be able to configure this timeout in the Integrator's configuration file (%PIHOME64%\Integrators\BA\CAST.UI.WindowsService.exe.config). It is currently not possible for the user to specify this timeout for writing to a publish target.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Announce to user that current browser is unsupported

This request applies to any OSIsoft product that requires a web browser: If certain browsers or browser versions are not supported by an OSIsoft product, the browser version should be detected and an error message shown to the user so they know to use a different browser or version.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign up for updates on the PI AF Server for new event frames

Currently, the PI Integrator for BA 2018 will add rows for event frames ending within the scheduled update time range. It would be better if the PI Integrator signed up for updates on the database and gets a list of all new or modified event frames to handle the cases where event frames are closed with an end time in the past that is not covered by the run period anymore.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add Output format

When PI outputs multiple TAGS data to the SQL database, the output table needs only three fields (TAGS, time, value).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED