PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have the option to preserve or change GUID during View import

During View import process, have the option to preserve or change the View's GUID. This comes into play if multiple Integrators share the same SQL backend; there will be a GUID collision. Use case: split a large view among Integrators (for performance reasons) by using the Export/Import option.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Silent (Unattended) Installation and configuration to ease cloud deployment

Please provide a silent installation capability for PI Integrators. A preferred implementation would be a command line approach (as opposed to a silent ini). This allows for the install to be execute via a command prompt or via PowerShell where configuration settings are passed as command line arguments as is done currently with the integrated PI Server install kit. An ability to export the command syntax from the PI Integrator install kit would be an added bonus. (Example of the specific implementation can be found on page 294 of the PI Server 2018 Installation and Upgrade Guide.)

An extension to…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrator should have a status page

The Integrator application server should have a status page ("OK" or "Running") so that clients or load balancers can easily determine whether the site is up or not.  This should be implemented when the Integrator eventually supports high availability.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send timestamps to esri ArcGIS along with values

As a PI admin I would like to be able to optionally send through the timestamps of attributes to esri ArcGIS so that my end users can be sure that the data they are seeing in maps is current.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have PostgreSQL as a output target for PII4BA

We have customers which neither use Oracle or MSSQL as datawarehouse but have standardized heavily on PostgreSQL as Data Warehouse. We should support this as a target System for PII4BA.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Select all the attributes in a row

When I click on the "Select All" button in order to select all the attributes of a view, the child attributes are not automatically selected and it is needed to select them one by one.

Could it be possible to implement a new version of this functionality in order to facilitate our work?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Maintain column order when adding attributes to view

When you add a new attribute to a view, that column is placed at the end of the table. The column should be added in the correct placement like it would be if that attribute was added when the view was first created.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Compress files written using file target

I am using PI Integrator to write data to file and then importing the file into a system PI Integrator does not natively support. Since I have to copy files over the network to get them to my other system, it would be nice if PI Integrator compressed the files once publishing is complete.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Replace carriage return and other bad characters in attribute values

We are using PI Integrator to write operator comments to a file target. The operator comments can include carriage returns which mess up the data written to file. Carriage returns and other bad characters should be replaced before writing to the target.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lock or rename file when actively writing to file

We are using file target to move data into a system that PI Integrator does not support writing to directly. We have a script that moves the files PI Integrator creates to our other system, but we need a way to tell when the Integrator has finished writing to that file. The Integrator should either lock the file it is writing to or have a processing naming pattern similar to UFL.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add attribute configuration string/PI tag name to view

My users want to see the PI Point names in their views and not just the attribute name. I would like to be able to add the attribute configuration string as a column in my view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Publish event view even if there are no matches

I have a need to create event views before a process starts and the event frames are created. Right now, I have to create a dummy event frame in order to publish the view since you cannot publish a view with no matches.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to specify max file size

When publishing to a file, the file can get extremely large. There should be an option in the file target to specify the maximum file size before rolling over to a new file.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create Start Menu shortcut for Integrator

It would be nice if the PI Integrator installation created a Start Menu shortcut to the Integrator User Interface, similar to how a PI Connector installation creates a Start Menu shortcut linked to the PI Connector Administration page.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide support for Element Attribute with Value Retrieval Method by time Not Supported when requesting sampled data with an interval

When retrieving AF attributes with a by Time Range setting of Not supported, the integrator will not return the data for the intervals as defined by the Query.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AF Audit Trail is incompatible with the Integrator for BA

Refer to the details of ticket #881602.
    In short, the integrator leads to excessive amounts of Audit records. I see at least 50% of the Audit entries being related to the Integrator, when that is only used very lightly.

1) it should be documented that these are effectively incompatible
    2) preferred there should be a way such that the Integrator does not cause any audit records for the internal housekeeping of the tool.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add AMQP message queuing (like RabbitMQ) as a target to the PI Integrator for BA

As a BigData analyst, I need to be able to add PI information to a global AMQP message queuing middleware, RabbitMQ being one example amongst others. From this message queue other consumers will have access to PI information along with message queues from other sources for offline or streaming analysis.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PI Integrator end point for MQTT

Support an end point for MQTT

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Json format as output targets

Add the possibility of adding a target as a json gile format

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to configure the format of the output file

The actual version just allows to create a text file output. It would be nice to be able to manage the format of the columns in that target

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED