PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support latest Oracle database and ODAC version

As a user who publishes to Oracle, I would like the PI Integrator to support the latest Oracle database and ODAC versions so that I can take advantage of Oracle bug fixes.

For example, the PI Integrator 2020 version supports only ODAC 12.1.0.2.4 , but nuisance messages due to the following were resolved in a later version of ODAC: ORA-03137: Malformed TTC Packet From Client Rejected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow/Support URL Redirection within PI Integrator internal Webserver

Currently, PI integrator is setup on a SSL endpoint (443) and responds to https://FQDN, and https:/hostname, it ignores any requests to http:/FQDN (on port 80)

This request is to allow some URL redirect or URL rewrite mechanism to allow URL forwarding for http://host or even https:/host -> https:/FQDN

For certs issued with only a DNS of SAN=FQDN (no SAN=Host), having such forwarding would prevent a SSL cert warning about the URL and cert name mismatch.

Finally, and more generally, given the possibility of future URL updates (like /PICoresight to /PIVision), or even host name moves, the ability to do…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the friendly name of the self-signed certificate to "PI Integrator for Business Analytics Self-signed Certificate"

To avoid confusion during certificate selection, please change the friendly name of the self-signed certificate from "PI Integrator for Business Analytics" to "PI Integrator for Business Analytics Self-signed Certificate"
    PI SQL DAS self-signed certificate has the friendly name "PI SQL Data Access Server Self-signed Certificate", which is quite clear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge

Currently OSI has not tested web-based PI tools with Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge.
    It will be helpful to know if there are plans for it to become officially supported by a certain time, since eventually Chromium-based Edge will get pushed to all of end users

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve the Upgrade Installation Experience

Allow the licensed size of the integrator to be increased on already deployed infrastructure without requiring a new installation of the software. License process similar to the current one with the PI Server is requested.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support Kerberos Authentication to the PI Integrator

The PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS does not support Kerberos authentication to the Integrator.
    By adding support of Kerberos Authentication to the integrator means that when providing access to time enabled feature layers from external networks, the users do not need to enter their credentials.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add DateTime row filter

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to use a DateTime row filter so that I can filter out rows based on certain date- or time-related criteria.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow selection of US region for languages other than English

Users should have the option to select the US as their region for languages other than English.

Currently, the US does not appear in the region list when selecting French as the language.

This would be useful for non-English users who wish to maintain an American date format.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support OAuth2 authentication

OAuth2 is the recommended security practice to authenticate users and applications by esri. This would also allow the PI Integrators to use Windows Active Directory Federated Services as organizations move to Office365.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support query all child event frames (based on different templates) and their respective attributes into a single event view

The batch process can include multiple levels of child event frames which are based on different templates and thus contain different attributes. As a PI Integrator user, I would like to have the option to build a single event view which include all child event frames and their attributes. This will give a holistic view of a parent event. Currently I must use separate event views for each child event frame. This is difficult to manage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expose additional Kafka target configuration options

To accommodate high frequency messages to Apache Kafka brokers, additional tuning of Kafka producers can be necessary to prevent high CPU and Disk I/O load. The PI Integrator should expose these parameters to allow users the ability to adjust their system as necessary. The following are common parameters that would allow for this:

- Batch Size (batch.size)

- Linger time (linger.msg)
    - Buffer memory (buffer.memory)
    - LZ4 compression

Additionally, many projects may require that acknowledgements be sent back to the producer to confirm that they were properly received. The PI Integrator should provide the option as for whether or not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As Time Passes setting on Integrator Time-enabled Layer

As a customer, I would like to use the "As time passes, progressively display all the data to show all the data over time" in the time setting of Time-enabled Layer. This will allow me to create a heat map based on moving assets' paths cumulatively over a long time similar to the hurricane path examples in https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-time.htm

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Oracle schema to be configurable

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to specify a schema for my Oracle publish target so that the Integrator only uses the schema that my Database Administrator specifies for me. Currently it is not possible to specify a schema for the Integrator to use, so it will use the Oracle logon's schema by default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow PI Integrator Installation without requiring HTTPS/SSL

Currently Pi4BA requires a SSL/HTTPS connection, and allows you to create an self-signed certificate. There is no option to modify this connection to HTTP or remove SSL, as Pi4BA doesn't use a standard IIS website, and none of the exposed configuration options allow switching between HTTP/HTTPS connections

The self-signed cert approach causes client warnings about "not-secure" unless the certificated is locally installed on each client.

While have SSL as a default option on the installation is fine, for internal projects connecting to internal servers, HTTP only (none SSL) should be provided as an installation option, to reduce the cost and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support ArcGIS Map Services

As a PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS user, I would like the PI Integrator to be able to publish Map Services (in addition to Feature Services) so that it can integrate with my Esri application that is not able to display Feature Services.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to automatically create sub folders in AWS S3 per time period (hour/day/month)

It would be nice to have an option to specify PI INT to create sub folders within a 'view' folder in AWS S3 so that data files dumped in S3 folder could be automatically organized by the time period, example: subfolder for all files created for that day.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expose PI Integrator Counters, Performance, and Status in Perfmon Counters

Add product specific Perfmon counters for Pi4BA, including specific counters for the Integrator Service, the Data Sync, and Worker processes, beyond the standard windows process data - Such as # active sessions, # views, # of AF syncs, number of views processed per worker, view status.

There was a previous feedback request that was marked as completed, as now some of this info is currently stored in the statistics table, but there is a separate table by view GUID, and a row of data stored per run per view - and the "stats" column seems to be encoded, making programatic…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After manually updating data, the next scheduled publish should ensure it does not publish duplicates

As a PI Integrator user, if I use the manual "Update Data" option to correct a time period that includes data that will be published on the next scheduled publication run I do not want this next scheduled run to publish duplicate rows. For example, if I have an Event View that publishes on the hour every hour and the last run was at 1:00 PM, if I run update data at 1:25 PM specifying start time 1:00 PM to end time *, the next scheduled publish will look at the 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM time range and therefore…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add BA Target for Snowflake

Snowflake is a common SaaS data lake solution. BA should be able to write to it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Configure PI Integrator for Business Analytics to Publish to Amazon Redshift Database Schema

As an end user, I would like to be able to publish views directly to Amazon Redshift Database Schema targets. Amazon currently implements database schema functionality that allows databases to be partitioned. While PI Integrator for Business Analytics allows publishing to Amazon Redshift, it does not allow for schema to be configured, and always results in the view publishing to the public schema.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED