How can we improve PI Integrators?

Widgets for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

Develop native widgets for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS that are similar to the ones available for Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. Customer Issue: Customers building apps with the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS want PI Coresight widgets available for their use in this application as well.

8 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTodd Brown (Product Manager, OSIsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kbobeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Elizabeth,

We tried using the Operations Dashboard for one of our use cases but found that the need to download the program was cumbersome and unrealistic. We've deployed one WebApp already and are gearing up to deploy a second. Our clients particularly like the ability to use the WebApps on their phones. Not sure if the web operations dashboard is capable of that? Also, the Dashboard Theme for the WebApps seems to provide a lot of similar functionality as Operations Dashboard. Overall, it seems much more user-friendly. I did see your blog post, so I will try integrating that way and see what the clients think.

Thanks!
    Kelsey

• AdminElizabeth Ammarell (Product Manager, OSIsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kelsey, thank you for your input on this topic. How are Operations Dashboard and Web AppBuilder apps used in your organization? Is one more prevalent than the other? Is there a move to standardize on one of these clients? Do you want the same functionality provided in Web AppBuilder?

I have been working with Esri product owners regarding the new Operations Dashboard, and we are looking to leverage built-in functionality to integrate this new application with PI Vision. This integration is minimal at this time since the application is still in Beta, but I did write up a blog post on PI Square with more details. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. Feel free to send me an email directly if you'd like to talk more: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/community/all-things-pi/pi-integrators/blog/2017/09/25/pi-vision-operations-dashboard-for-arcgis-beta.

• kbobeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the beta web version of Operations Dashboard doesn't support the Coresight widget, only users with Operations Dashboard installed can make full use of this integration. If there was a WebApp widget, it would be much more user-friendly and accessible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED