How can we improve PI Integrators?

Allow asset views to run now and on a schedule

I need to create asset views that perform daily aggregation at midnight. Currently once I create an asset view I must wait until after the following midnight to see the output. It would be very useful to have the option to publish once and thereafter on a schedule so there is data to work from immediately.
Alternatively if it was possible to upgrade an existing single published asset view to running on a schedule this would solve the problem.

24 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TobyWells shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lok Shun Ko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the release of the PI Integrator for Business Analytics 2018, it has been possible to modify published views. So it has become possible first publish a scheduled view send the data immediately, then to change it so that it's scheduled to run in the future. For example, assuming the daily aggregation at midnight as described in the enhancement request above, use the following configuration:
    start time: as desired
    end time: The end time of the last scheduled run. In the example above, t (today at midnight)
    first run time: *
    recur every: 1 day

Once the initial publication has finished, you can edit the view and use the following parameters:
    end time: *
    first run time: the time of the next desired run, t+1d

• kbobeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to know if this enhancement has the potential to be included in the next release! I'm in a similar boat as some of the views I create only publish once every 31 days...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED