How can we improve PI Integrators?

Preserve view model when PI AF Server is changed

As a PII4BA user I need to create same views pointing to different PI AF Servers, when I change the AF Server, the view model is lost. It should check if templates and attributes exists on this AF Server, and if it is consistent, preserve the view model.

20 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gonzalo Merciel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
COMPLETED  ·  AdminJoy Wang (Product Manager, OSIsoft) responded  · 

This capability is available through the Import/Export feature under Administration > Views. You can export the view and import it and change the AF server/database during the import stage and UI. This capability has been released since PI Integrator for Business Analytics 2018.

1 comment

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laura Posner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Integrator user with multiple AF servers and databases organizing my data, I would like the ability to use a shape from a view pointed towards AF Server 1 to populate a new view for assets on AF Server 2 that match the shape. Currently, when I try the "Use a shape from a different view" option in the Integrator Designer, the asset shape clears as soon as I select a different server.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED