How can we improve PI Integrators?

Expose PI Integrator view statuses

Customers who plan to have a significant number of views need a better way to manage the status of their views other than periodically checking the PI Integrator UI.

There should be a way to obtain view statuses through other programs (custom or PI), so that users can receive alerts if a view goes into an error status.

11 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy Yang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cbambury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We created a view in SQL server for this using the LogEntries table. It works well and gives us the information we need but it's something we need to be cautious on whenever a software update is released. Would certainly prefer to have it as part of the product.

• Guy Acciai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with the need for more visibility into view status, and my recommendation would be to push some of this (as well as last run statistics) into Perfmon, along with other Pi4BA performance data (CPU, Reads/Writes, Memory, Execution Time, per worker process). -

This allows me to trend run time into PI with Perfmon interfaces, do notifications via PiNotifications, etc. - Versus building a separate dashboard for view tool, just expose (RO) alot of what's stored in the PI4BA PiView AF Configuration DB into Perfmon

Bottom line, if Pi4BA is to become an enterprise tool, then it needs to expose more of it's operational status, and facilitate better monitoring, etc.

• kbobeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely in need of this, especially if a company has to start running multiple instances of the Integrator to work around the 100k stream limit. I want to receive emails if a View starts getting errors and monitor run times to see if they start increasing, to troubleshoot any performance issues.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED