PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA)

Our organization uses gMSAs to run other PI services, so I would like to be able to run the PI Integrator services under a gMSA account.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for sampling rate that is faster than one event per seconds

High frequency data is increasingly common. With examples in manufacturing of events happening entirely within a few 100s of milliseconds.
    The request is to allow the export of interpolated data at a rate higher than the current limit of 1 event per second.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Json format as output targets

Add the possibility of adding a target as a json file format

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you voted for this idea, did you mean JSON format in the Text File target, or to support JSON format in a new target or existing target? Currently we support JSON format for the Apache Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, Azure IoT Hub, Amazon Kinesis Data Streams, and Amazon S3 writers.

5. Show Date and Time of Local PI Server, Not PI AF Instance

Currently, the timestamp which is shown in the export files is the date and time of the PI AF server which is extracting the data, not the date and time on the local PI server that the data is extracted from.  Like Datalink, we need the ability to pull data based on local date and time.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update data functionality for text file outputs

Implement the ability to update data for continuously publishing views to text file outputs in same way that it is available for other data targets.  Use cases for this include:

1) Ability to update data in the case of out of order events, late arriving data, or recalculated data.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add ability to export stored Events for Event-based analysis, not only interpolated

Currently we can export PI data using a given interval, returning evenly-spaced rows of data.

However, for some uses i need to have the original events stored in PI, not interpolated.

E.g. i need to create a report that contains every value that the operator has entered (e.g. a catalyst dosing volume) in the duration of an EventFrame.
    For that i would need Archived values like i have in OLEDB Enterprise.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow attribute annotations to be published with the Integrator

I want to publish the attribute annotation for a time series event using the Integrator. For example, if a user enters data in PI Manual Logger, they enter comments as annotations to the tag event. I would like to publish those annotations along with the attribute event's timestamp and value.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow large queries to be split up into manageable pieces

If I build a view in the Integrator that asks the Data Archive for a large amount of information my query can timeout. This will result in the Integrator writing NULL values to certain columns of my view. As a current workaround I just build a view that spans a shorter time frame to decrease the amount of data I ask for in my query to avoid NULL values. I then can use the Update Data functionality to additional time frames in manageable pieces. This is not ideal and I do not believe it was the intended use of the…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow configurable column size (nvarchar) when publishing to a relational table

The current default column size is 4000 characters. It would be nice to allow the user to have control over this parameter.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select all the attributes in a row

When I click on the "Select All" button in order to select all the attributes of a view, the child attributes are not automatically selected and it is needed to select them one by one.

Could it be possible to implement a new version of this functionality in order to facilitate our work?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support different TimesStamp formats when Modifying Views

Currently it is not possible to change the TimeStamp format from MM/dd/yyyy 12h AM/PM to other formats. Since there are many potential different data endpoints, it may be a good idea to allow users to change to other formats, such as 24h Military time.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display more than 100 records (or show the total number of matching records)

Allow the user to display more than 100 records in Modify View screen or at least show the total number of rows as additional information.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Configurable message key for Apache Kafka targets

Being able to specify message keys for Apache Kafka targets would allow users to configure partitions.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New target Azure Cosmos DB

Implement new target Azure Cosmos DB - this is today not available and not on roadmap

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have option to publish data only when the value changes

As a user for PI Integrator for BA, I would like to have an option to only publish data when the value changes. The use case: a point is calculated via analysis service once a minute, and the value does not change often. I want the data to be published only when the value changes. Right now, PI Integrator for BA publishes the same (unchanged) value at each run with a different timestamp.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What writer are you using? PI Integrator for Business Analytics Advanced Edition supports streaming use cases where the PI Integrator signs up for changes on relevant attributes and only sends data when values have changed based on the Snapshot or the Archive. Supported targets today are Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Hubs, and Azure IoT Hub.

18. Option to schedule a view to run once

To minimize the load off of piarchss and pisnapss, it would be helpful to be able to schedule views to run once at a specific time. For example, a view to collect data from (January 2018 to January 2019) for multiple years so that it doesn't interfere with other views running.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sort View Statistics tab

As a user, I'd like to utilize the columns in Statistics tab more effectively by being able to sort on the column so that I can sort by duration, error count, etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently we don’t enable sort because each statistic such as “duration, error count, etc” is indexed on time. There is a time-series graph showing error count over the last X number of runs. And when there are anomalies, you can click into those runs to see more details. You can also easily click back out and see the trend for error count or duration. How would being able to sort add more or different value than what is currently available?

20. Add support for "Limits" in PI System Explorer

As a user of AF, we would like it to be the system of record for our data.  For some of our KPIs, we would like to leverage the Limits feature in PI System Explorer and have the ability to add those limits to the Integrator.  Then we can leverage the limits downstream when creating our dashboards to show if a KPI is below or above a limit.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED