PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock or rename file when actively writing to file

We are using file target to move data into a system that PI Integrator does not support writing to directly. We have a script that moves the files PI Integrator creates to our other system, but we need a way to tell when the Integrator has finished writing to that file. The Integrator should either lock the file it is writing to or have a processing naming pattern similar to UFL.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to "Add Columns" while "Modifying View" even if there is no time series values selected.

Allow users to "Add Columns" while "Modifying View" even if there is no time series values selected.

This will let us export things like 'path', 'description', 'category', 'name', etc. Which may be useful on their own, or when joined with another table.

This has the additional benefit of making table joins easier, as time series tables are almost guaranteed not to have any columns with unique entries.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support connecting to a different DNS listener for each of the Integrator's backend SQL databases

The Integrator currently supports only a single SQL server connection string to access all of its backend databases (PIIntegratorDB, PIIntegratorLogs, PIIntegratorStats). Our organization's SQL Server cluster provides high availability at the SQL database level, however, with a separate DNS listener for each database. When either of the other PI Integrator backend databases fails over to another SQL server, we see errors like the following:
    “SqlUtilities:GetBackendSqlConnection: Error: Unable to obtain open SqlConnection to database, ‘PIIntegratorLogs’,at SQL server path, '(Server)'".

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow attribute annotations to be published with the Integrator

I want to publish the attribute annotation for a time series event using the Integrator. For example, if a user enters data in PI Manual Logger, they enter comments as annotations to the tag event. I would like to publish those annotations along with the attribute event's timestamp and value.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for sampling rate that is faster than one event per seconds

High frequency data is increasingly common. With examples in manufacturing of events happening entirely within a few 100s of milliseconds.
    The request is to allow the export of interpolated data at a rate higher than the current limit of 1 event per second.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow configurable column size (nvarchar) when publishing to a relational table

The current default column size is 4000 characters. It would be nice to allow the user to have control over this parameter.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Json format as output targets

Add the possibility of adding a target as a json file format

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you voted for this idea, did you mean JSON format in the Text File target, or to support JSON format in a new target or existing target? Currently we support JSON format for the Apache Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, Azure IoT Hub, Amazon Kinesis Data Streams, and Amazon S3 writers.

9. Show Date and Time of Local PI Server, Not PI AF Instance

Currently, the timestamp which is shown in the export files is the date and time of the PI AF server which is extracting the data, not the date and time on the local PI server that the data is extracted from.  Like Datalink, we need the ability to pull data based on local date and time.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update data functionality for text file outputs

Implement the ability to update data for continuously publishing views to text file outputs in same way that it is available for other data targets.  Use cases for this include:

1) Ability to update data in the case of out of order events, late arriving data, or recalculated data.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to export stored Events for Event-based analysis, not only interpolated

Currently we can export PI data using a given interval, returning evenly-spaced rows of data.

However, for some uses i need to have the original events stored in PI, not interpolated.

E.g. i need to create a report that contains every value that the operator has entered (e.g. a catalyst dosing volume) in the duration of an EventFrame.
    For that i would need Archived values like i have in OLEDB Enterprise.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow large queries to be split up into manageable pieces

If I build a view in the Integrator that asks the Data Archive for a large amount of information my query can timeout. This will result in the Integrator writing NULL values to certain columns of my view. As a current workaround I just build a view that spans a shorter time frame to decrease the amount of data I ask for in my query to avoid NULL values. I then can use the Update Data functionality to additional time frames in manageable pieces. This is not ideal and I do not believe it was the intended use of the…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save the original First Run Time field when modifying a view

When modifying a view that has already ran successfully, the First Run Time is not preserved.  The last time I configured it, it was set to a future date at 1AM.  When I modify it again, the field is populated with '*'.  It would be nice to have the last configuration saved even if it's not valid, so that I have the context of what I last configured.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have PostgreSQL as a output target for PII4BA

We have customers which neither use Oracle or MSSQL as datawarehouse but have standardized heavily on PostgreSQL as Data Warehouse. We should support this as a target System for PII4BA.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select all the attributes in a row

When I click on the "Select All" button in order to select all the attributes of a view, the child attributes are not automatically selected and it is needed to select them one by one.

Could it be possible to implement a new version of this functionality in order to facilitate our work?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support different TimesStamp formats when Modifying Views

Currently it is not possible to change the TimeStamp format from MM/dd/yyyy 12h AM/PM to other formats. Since there are many potential different data endpoints, it may be a good idea to allow users to change to other formats, such as 24h Military time.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display more than 100 records (or show the total number of matching records)

Allow the user to display more than 100 records in Modify View screen or at least show the total number of rows as additional information.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please have PI Integrator for Business Analytics supports high availability (HA)

As a user of PI Integrator for Business Analytics, I'd like to have it support high availability (HA).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Configurable message key for Apache Kafka targets

Being able to specify message keys for Apache Kafka targets would allow users to configure partitions.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New target Azure Cosmos DB

Implement new target Azure Cosmos DB - this is today not available and not on roadmap

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED