PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create non-clustered index via the Integrator front end

Our end users tend not to have SQL access. We would like to allow them to create clustered indexes to increase the performance of a SQL query on the target view.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send Notification When Publish Job Complete

Not sure this would help with continuous jobs, but for large jobs that are scheduled to run one time (for example: publish last 2 years of history) it would be nice to be able to have PI Integrator send off a notification when the job is complete. In the administration section where you can create publish targets, you could add a section, notification targets, where you could define a group of people to send a notification to by email. In the email I could see it stating that the publish job is complete and maybe some high level stats, but…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have the option to preserve or change GUID during View import

During View import process, have the option to preserve or change the View's GUID. This comes into play if multiple Integrators share the same SQL backend; there will be a GUID collision. Use case: split a large view among Integrators (for performance reasons) by using the Export/Import option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Compress files written using file target

I am using PI Integrator to write data to file and then importing the file into a system PI Integrator does not natively support. Since I have to copy files over the network to get them to my other system, it would be nice if PI Integrator compressed the files once publishing is complete.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add attribute configuration string/PI tag name to view

My users want to see the PI Point names in their views and not just the attribute name. I would like to be able to add the attribute configuration string as a column in my view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to configure the format of the output file

The actual version just allows to create a text file output. It would be nice to be able to manage the format of the columns in that target

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Always produce output table on publication: if there is no data to export when an asset view is published, produce an empty output table

I build asset views on a schedule with interpolated time points based on a PI Point. I also set these up before any data is added to the PI Point so on first publication there is no data to export. Currently the PI Integrator for Business Analytics does not produce an output table if there is no data to export so any downstream SQL queries will fail since the table does not exist. If the output table was always created on publication, and an empty table was created when there is no data to export, this problem would be fixed. …

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More control over view format (wide verse long tables)

I would like to be able to have more control over the format of the views. For instance, right now it automatically populates every included attribute as a column. For my continuous data attributes I would like to be able to condense the 50+ individual attribute columns into 3 columns : attribute, value, timestamp. This would make the table a long format instead of wide.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add value option to publish element version metadata

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to publish metadata about a given element's/attribute's AF version metadata (such as number like 0, 1, 2) so that I am aware when an element/attribute version has changed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support element and attribute versioning for all value retrieval methods

As a PI Integrator user, I would like the Integrator to support retrieving element and attribute versioned data and metadata (PI Point, element GUID, etc.) so that the data I publish with the Integrator are correct in their respective time context. For example, my attribute's data reference may be Tag1 until the equipment was decommissioned a month ago, and then a new element version is created to reference Tag2. I would like the Integrator to respect the AF element/attribute versioning effective dates to determine the correct data to publish.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure IOT backfill

The backfill option in Azure IOT integrator should handle the raw data, instead of pushing the 1 minute interpolated values.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow to configure the number of decimals for an analog column

I would to force the number of decimals the Integrator writes for a given analog value

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a "Written" timestamp column when publishing a view to indicate when the data row was modified/written

Have an extra column in the view that indicates when the data row is actually written to the target.
    The current timestamp column is the timestamp of the value itself, not when the data row is written.
    This will be especially useful for troubleshooting, or when PI Integrator is updating existing value in a target table (will give indication of which data row was recently updated).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve performance on narrow table queries

Improve performance of queries resulting in a narrow table. This can happen for queries with many Elements, each with a few Attributes, where bulk queries to the data source are not possible. A narrow table can also result when using * for the Attribute criteria, as each Attribute is then considered a separate match.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Grant permissions only to configure targets

As a PI Integrator Administrator I need to grant permissions to a group of users to configure targets since they are the administrators of the target systems (SQL Server, ADLS, etc.), but they don't need access to other administrator tasks like security management.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to Manually execute a publish once view

To execute a view with the same parameters, it is actually mandatory to edit the view to be able to execute it again.
    It would be nice to be able to force its execution using a right clic on it for example

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display the total number of matches for a shape

When applying a filter when building a shape, the Integrator displays a limited amount of matching elements which is fine.
    It would be useful do display the number of element matches as an additional info

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Text file / ADLS Targets : Option to remove line number

add an option to skip line numbers in the output files

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text file / ADLS Targets : Split output files based on elementname or date

The output files can grow quite large.
    Suggestion :Split the files. Here is an example using AF element name and date :
    C:\Viewname\elementname\YYYY\elementname_YYYYMMDDHHssmm.csv

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AzureSQL Target should not need access to the master database

The AzureSQL Target should not need access to the master database

Current version of PII4BA gives this error message:
    Ref the error message
    The server principal "sqluser" is not able to access the database
    "master" under the current security context.

Microsoft's words:
    “Generally, non-administrator accounts do not need access to the master database”
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-manage-logins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED