PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text file / ADLS Target: Split output files based on elementname, attribute, or date

The output files can grow quite large.
    Suggestion :Split the files. Here is an example using AF element name and date :
    C:\Viewname\elementname\YYYY\elementname_YYYYMMDDHHssmm.csv

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have the option to preserve or change GUID during View import

During View import process, have the option to preserve or change the View's GUID. This comes into play if multiple Integrators share the same SQL backend; there will be a GUID collision. Use case: split a large view among Integrators (for performance reasons) by using the Export/Import option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compress files written using file target

I am using PI Integrator to write data to file and then importing the file into a system PI Integrator does not natively support. Since I have to copy files over the network to get them to my other system, it would be nice if PI Integrator compressed the files once publishing is complete.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add attribute configuration string/PI tag name to view

My users want to see the PI Point names in their views and not just the attribute name. I would like to be able to add the attribute configuration string as a column in my view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to configure the format of the output file

The actual version just allows to create a text file output. It would be nice to be able to manage the format of the columns in that target

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SQL Views include a column for time of the export

I would like a column to be configured for "time of export" For instance, if I have scheduled the periodicity of 1h, I would like the value of the column changed each hour. Currently, this is not possible as I can only add the timestamp (local and EF) but both are giving the same timestamp (EF one), which is not useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include DST to the sampling interval

If values in the view are sampled by more than few minutes (12 ours for example) DST change can be an issue, especially if you want to have values exactly at 12 am/pm. It should be optional to include DST into sampling interval.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable the functionality deleting existing files when modified view is republished

When a view that publishes to a file-based publish target is republished, the existing published data files are deleted. Disable this functionality or show a confirmation message before republishing. If a user is unaware of this functionality and republish, all previous work will be deleted.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apply the Row Filter criteria in the data preview screen for an Asset View before applying the 100 row cutoff

Have the row filter that you define in the preview screen for an Asset View be applied before the 100 row cutoff. Currently it applies that cutoff first which means you won't see any rows returned if the columns that have the value you're filtering for are outside of the first 100 rows.

I need to be able to preview the data that'd be returned and applying the 100 row cutoff first can make that impossible for larger datasets.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create an intermediate file cache for file writers that do not support append data

Some targets, for example S3, do not support append data. Therefore, anytime the PI Integrator for Business Analytics tries to update the file, it needs to reupload the entire file with additional data. As a consequence, during publications, the PI Integrator needs to upload the delta files multiple times as opposed to generating the file once locally and uploading it to S3, which would improve performance.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow the creation of global filters so that they do not need to be created individually for each view

As a user that creates multiple views, allow the creation of global filters so that they do not need to be created individually for each view manually

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rest access to Results

Allow to access the results of a view directly via REST

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Parquet as a file format for the text file writer

Allow the text file writer to create more efficient file formats such as Parquet

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow PI Integrator to transform data before publishing it

We have data coming from an RDBMS Interface with the format XXX|YYY|ZZZ.

In some cases, we have several records with the same timestamp, so we cannot use an Analysis in AF to separate XXX|YYY|ZZZ into 3 different tags with the values XXX, YYY, and ZZZ.

When we push this tag to a SQL Server through PI Integrator for BA, we would like to have the option to do this transformation there (from 1 column to 3 different ones), instead of finally creating a view in the SQL Server where we do the transformation.

Feedback written as a recommendation from case…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. External triggers for streaming views

Request to allow for streaming view triggers based on attributes that are not already in the schema. Need to be able to specify external triggers while defining the shape for a streaming view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manually refresh point configuration changes

As a PI System Admin, it would be useful to have a way of manually refreshing point configuration updates in the PI Integrator for Business Analytics user interface, instead of waiting for point changes to updated automatically. This would be useful for testing purposes and fast-moving projects. At present this is achieved by restarting the service however a button, similar to the Restart button in PI ICU for interfaces, would be helpful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow saving message schema to a file from PI Integrator for Business Analytics UI

Currently, PI Integrator only allows to save message schema to Registry. I would like to be able to save the schema to a file (for example: .json, .csv) as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support SQL in Azure as a BA Integrator backend

As an administrator, I want to use SQL Azure as the database backend for my PI IntegratorDB, Stats, Logs database, so that I can offload the SQL administrative tasks to Azure.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow publishing to S3 with Roles instead of key / secrect key

Rotating security keys on a regular basis is extremely time consuming when you have to change the key on each defined target.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have the Column Headers show up regardless whether this is the first of second file of an export data file?

Have the PI Integrator for Business Analytics always create Column Headers regardless if it appending to the same file or a different file, and ID to reset to 1. Currently, "Append Timestamp" is unchecked and upon the program removing the file from the original export location, sometimes the column headers will not show up and the ID will not reset as the Integrator believes that it is appending data when the first file that is gone. The First file will always contain the Column Headers and ID will start at 1. Please let all subsequent file Column Headers and ID…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED