PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Streaming view triggers external to the schema

Request to allow for streaming view triggers based on attributes that are not already in the schema. Need to be able to soecify external triggers

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manually refresh point configuration changes

As a PI System Admin, it would be useful to have a way of manually refreshing point configuration updates in the PI Integrator for Business Analytics user interface, instead of waiting for point changes to updated automatically. This would be useful for testing purposes and fast-moving projects. At present this is achieved by restarting the service however a button, similar to the Restart button in PI ICU for interfaces, would be helpful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't recreate SQL View tables for minor changes

As a Developer, it would be useful if the SQL tables outputted by the PI Integrator for Business Analytics were not deleted and recreated when minor changes are made to the Integrator View, such as the schedule. This would stop connections/queries being made to these tables from being broken.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow saving message schema to a file from PI Integrator for Business Analytics UI

Currently, PI Integrator only allows to save message schema to Registry. I would like to be able to save the schema to a file (for example: .json, .csv) as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support SQL in Azure as a BA Integrator backend

As an administrator, I want to use SQL Azure as the database backend for my PI IntegratorDB, Stats, Logs database, so that I can offload the SQL administrative tasks to Azure.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow publishing to S3 with Roles instead of key / secrect key

Rotating security keys on a regular basis is extremely time consuming when you have to change the key on each defined target.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have the Column Headers show up regardless whether this is the first of second file of an export data file?

Have the PI Integrator for Business Analytics always create Column Headers regardless if it appending to the same file or a different file, and ID to reset to 1. Currently, "Append Timestamp" is unchecked and upon the program removing the file from the original export location, sometimes the column headers will not show up and the ID will not reset as the Integrator believes that it is appending data when the first file that is gone. The First file will always contain the Column Headers and ID will start at 1. Please let all subsequent file Column Headers and ID…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alert user when PI Integrator is close to the licensed stream limit

As an Integrator user, I would like the Integrator to more actively alert me when I am close to my licensed stream limit so that I can take action. Currently I can check the Administration > Licensing page, but I would prefer to have a more active alert such as a warning message in the User Interface.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve the Upgrade Installation Experience

Allow the licensed size of the integrator to be increased on already deployed infrastructure without requiring a new installation of the software. License process similar to the current one with the PI Server is requested.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add DateTime row filter

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to use a DateTime row filter so that I can filter out rows based on certain date- or time-related criteria.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support query all child event frames (based on different templates) and their respective attributes into a single event view

The batch process can include multiple levels of child event frames which are based on different templates and thus contain different attributes. As a PI Integrator user, I would like to have the option to build a single event view which include all child event frames and their attributes. This will give a holistic view of a parent event. Currently I must use separate event views for each child event frame. This is difficult to manage.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add BA Target for Snowflake

Snowflake is a common SaaS data lake solution. BA should be able to write to it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Configure PI Integrator for Business Analytics to Publish to Amazon Redshift Database Schema

As an end user, I would like to be able to publish views directly to Amazon Redshift Database Schema targets. Amazon currently implements database schema functionality that allows databases to be partitioned. While PI Integrator for Business Analytics allows publishing to Amazon Redshift, it does not allow for schema to be configured, and always results in the view publishing to the public schema.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support Element metadata Modification for data synchronization with PI AF

I would like the PI Integrator for BA to be able to detect an Element metadata modification (ex.: Category) and automatically add this element to published views where the element modification matches the view's shape

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the ability to select all child elements and replicate parts of the AF hierarchy when using Streaming Views

As an end user utilizing existing AF hierarchies with the PI Integrator for Business Analytics, I would like the ability to select entire parts of the AF hierarchy when creating streaming views such as the ability to select all child elements and their respective attributes. Filters can work when the hierarchy has been optimized with the Integrator in mind but not in all situations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More control over view format (wide verse long tables)

I would like to be able to have more control over the format of the views. For instance, right now it automatically populates every included attribute as a column. For my continuous data attributes I would like to be able to condense the 50+ individual attribute columns into 3 columns : attribute, value, timestamp. This would make the table a long format instead of wide.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add value option to publish element version metadata

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to publish metadata about a given element's/attribute's AF version metadata (such as number like 0, 1, 2) so that I am aware when an element/attribute version has changed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support element and attribute versioning for all value retrieval methods

As a PI Integrator user, I would like the Integrator to support retrieving element and attribute versioned data and metadata (PI Point, element GUID, etc.) so that the data I publish with the Integrator are correct in their respective time context. For example, my attribute's data reference may be Tag1 until the equipment was decommissioned a month ago, and then a new element version is created to reference Tag2. I would like the Integrator to respect the AF element/attribute versioning effective dates to determine the correct data to publish.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to configure the number of decimals for an analog column

I would to force the number of decimals the Integrator writes for a given analog value

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a "Written" timestamp column when publishing a view to indicate when the data row was modified/written

Have an extra column in the view that indicates when the data row is actually written to the target.
    The current timestamp column is the timestamp of the value itself, not when the data row is written.
    This will be especially useful for troubleshooting, or when PI Integrator is updating existing value in a target table (will give indication of which data row was recently updated).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED