PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow PIIntegrator SQL database name to be configurable during installation

During Integrator installation, we would like to choose the name of the Integrator's backend SQL database instead of using the default name PIIntegratorDB.

Some use cases include:
    -Being able to use the naming scheme that our organization's DBA requires for SQL Server tables
    -Installing more than one Integrator instance on the same SQL Server

Workaround: Follow the steps in KB01640 - Installing multiple Integrator instances on one SQL server.

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Annotations of Event Frames into Event Views

Customer would like to do Batch reports in BI Tool and Annotations contain important information, like Operator comments, reasons for changed values etc.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 'Download Logs' should download all logs within the specified time range

Currently it only downloads logs that are loaded in the display pane. In order to get it to download everything, I have to scroll down until everything is loaded.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow binding of a custom SSL certificate after installation of PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS

As an administrator for the PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS 2017, I want to be able to change the SSL certificate bound to the application through an installer wizard. Currently, the only option is to uninstall and reinstall the application, or manually bind the certificate using the command line netsh.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support SAP HANA multitenant database

We would like the Integrator to support connecting to SAP HANA multitenant databases. The SAP ODBC writer used for PI Integrator for SAP HANA assumes that <port> takes the form 3<instance number>15 as stated in the HANA v2.0 SPS00 documentation. Since this is not true for multitenant databases, PI Integrator for SAP HANA does not currently support multitenant databases.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for SAP HANA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow default schema to be configurable

Our Database Administrator would like the Integrator to publish using a different schema than dbo for SQL targets, so I would like this to be configurable in the Integrator. Currently it is not possible to change it from the default dbo.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sign up for updates on the PI AF Server for new event frames

Currently, the PI Integrator for BA 2018 will add rows for event frames ending within the scheduled update time range. It would be better if the PI Integrator signed up for updates on the database and gets a list of all new or modified event frames to handle the cases where event frames are closed with an end time in the past that is not covered by the run period anymore.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lock or rename file when actively writing to file

We are using file target to move data into a system that PI Integrator does not support writing to directly. We have a script that moves the files PI Integrator creates to our other system, but we need a way to tell when the Integrator has finished writing to that file. The Integrator should either lock the file it is writing to or have a processing naming pattern similar to UFL.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have programmatic API and framework kit for Integrators

Many partners we work with would like to be able to configure views and data output from PI Integrator for BA directly from within their Analytics tools. This could also allow for better integration with third party analytics tools and open an OEM/Reseller market for OSIsoft partners.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow "PI View" target to be disabled

I would like the option to remove or disable the "PI View" target on the Data Warehouse, Azure, and SAP Hana editions. 

In these editions, the PIIntegratorDB is expected to remain small because the data is published out to a separate database.  The problem, however, is that users may accidentally publish very large views to the "PI View" target instead of, for example, Azure Data Lake.  This can fill up drive space on the SQL server and prevent the Integrator (or other services that rely on that SQL server) from running.

For these editions, most users will not be publishing…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to Create View Templates

For a large implementation of the Integrator, the ability to create View Templates would be very helpful. While the ability to create a View based on an existing View and the ability to export/import Views are both steps in the right direction, I'd like a View template to be source agnostic with regard to the Asset Shape. For example, I want to configure a metadata view that will have PI Points, uoms, paths, categories, descriptions, etc. for each Attribute I'm publishing in another View. We're talking hundreds of columns as a result. If I try to import this View, then…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to "Add Columns" while "Modifying View" even if there is no time series values selected.

Allow users to "Add Columns" while "Modifying View" even if there is no time series values selected.

This will let us export things like 'path', 'description', 'category', 'name', etc. Which may be useful on their own, or when joined with another table.

This has the additional benefit of making table joins easier, as time series tables are almost guaranteed not to have any columns with unique entries.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for sampling rate that is faster than one event per seconds

High frequency data is increasingly common. With examples in manufacturing of events happening entirely within a few 100s of milliseconds.
    The request is to allow the export of interpolated data at a rate higher than the current limit of 1 event per second.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save sort/filter conditions

As a user, I would like to persist the filters I have on the My Views page so that I can quickly check on my views and see their statuses in a logical fashion.  Right now, I can sort by certain columns, but if I navigate to another page and come back to My Views, the sort is lost.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow configurable publish target timeout

If the Integrator encounters a timeout writing data to a publish target, it would be nice to be able to configure this timeout in the Integrator's configuration file (%PIHOME64%\Integrators\BA\CAST.UI.WindowsService.exe.config). It is currently not possible for the user to specify this timeout for writing to a publish target.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send timestamps to esri ArcGIS along with values

As a PI admin I would like to be able to optionally send through the timestamps of attributes to esri ArcGIS so that my end users can be sure that the data they are seeing in maps is current.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support filtering Integrator time-enabled layer by date

I would like to filter my Integrator time-enabled feature layer by date like in http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/apply-filters.htm.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update data fucntionality for text file outputs

Implement the ability to update data for continuously publishing views to text file outputs in same way that it is available for other data targets.  Use cases for this include:

1) Ability to update data in the case of out of order events, late arriving data, or recalculated data.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to add GUID of the Event Frame to a view

The abillity to add an Event frame's GUID is necessary to allow advanced solutions like genealogy to report on and link to a specific event frame.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ability to export stored Events for Event-based analysis, not only interpolated

Currently we can export PI data using a given interval, returning evenly-spaced rows of data.

However, for some uses i need to have the original events stored in PI, not interpolated.

E.g. i need to create a report that contains every value that the operator has entered (e.g. a catalyst dosing volume) in the duration of an EventFrame.
    For that i would need Archived values like i have in OLEDB Enterprise.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED