PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow large queries to be split up into manageable pieces

If I build a view in the Integrator that asks the Data Archive for a large amount of information my query can timeout. This will result in the Integrator writing NULL values to certain columns of my view. As a current workaround I just build a view that spans a shorter time frame to decrease the amount of data I ask for in my query to avoid NULL values. I then can use the Update Data functionality to additional time frames in manageable pieces. This is not ideal and I do not believe it was the intended use of the…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow configurable column size (nvarchar) when publishing to a relational table

The current default column size is 4000 characters. It would be nice to allow the user to have control over this parameter.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    TELL US MORE  ·  Joy Wang responded

What relational table is this in reference to? A specific target that you’re using? And can you give an example of when/how a column size exceeds the 4000 characters?

Thanks!

3. Have option to publish data only when the value changes

As a user for PI Integrator for BA, I would like to have an option to only publish data when the value changes. The use case: a point is calculated via analysis service once a minute, and the value does not change often. I want the data to be published only when the value changes. Right now, PI Integrator for BA publishes the same (unchanged) value at each run with a different timestamp.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What writer are you using? PI Integrator for Business Analytics Advanced Edition supports streaming use cases where the PI Integrator signs up for changes on relevant attributes and only sends data when values have changed based on the Snapshot or the Archive. Supported targets today are Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Hubs, and Azure IoT Hub.

4. Save the original First Run Time field when modifying a view

When modifying a view that has already ran successfully, the First Run Time is not preserved.  The last time I configured it, it was set to a future date at 1AM.  When I modify it again, the field is populated with '*'.  It would be nice to have the last configuration saved even if it's not valid, so that I have the context of what I last configured.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Json format as output targets

Add the possibility of adding a target as a json file format

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you voted for this idea, did you mean JSON format in the Text File target, or to support JSON format in a new target or existing target? Currently we support JSON format for the Apache Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, Azure IoT Hub, Amazon Kinesis Data Streams, and Amazon S3 writers.

6. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Date and Time of Local PI Server, Not PI AF Instance

Currently, the timestamp which is shown in the export files is the date and time of the PI AF server which is extracting the data, not the date and time on the local PI server that the data is extracted from.  Like Datalink, we need the ability to pull data based on local date and time.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow PI Integrator to create a new file per publication in Amazon S3

As a PI Integrator user, I'd like PI Integrator to create a new file per publication in Amazon S3. Currently there is a workaround with Maximum Rows/Objects option in target configuration, but it is not straightforward and cumbersome.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As Time Passes setting on Integrator Time-enabled Layer

As a customer, I would like to use the "As time passes, progressively display all the data to show all the data over time" in the time setting of Time-enabled Layer. This will allow me to create a heat map based on moving assets' paths cumulatively over a long time similar to the hurricane path examples in https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-time.htm

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide support for automatic updates for PI data in Event Views

There are automatic updates for PI data in Asset Views and Streaming Views, but not currently in Event Views which is what's used for Event Frames. This is important for propagating changes in EFs

Use case example: GADS classification. Data comes in and EFs are created. The integrator picks this up and sends the info along. Some time later (maybe a few days / maybe month end) data comes in re-classifying / updating the original data (ex. GADS code or attributes). In order to accommodate this manual intervention using the "Update Data" button is required.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow filtering and/or sorting in Integrator Admin page - Licensing tab

As an Integrator administrator, I would like to be able to easily find specific Views in the Licensing tab of the admin page by filtering and/or sorting the table. Currently, when many Views have been created and deleted, it is hard to find specific Views or even find ones that have streams that can be recovered.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have PostgreSQL as a output target for PII4BA

We have customers which neither use Oracle or MSSQL as datawarehouse but have standardized heavily on PostgreSQL as Data Warehouse. We should support this as a target System for PII4BA.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Select all the attributes in a row

When I click on the "Select All" button in order to select all the attributes of a view, the child attributes are not automatically selected and it is needed to select them one by one.

Could it be possible to implement a new version of this functionality in order to facilitate our work?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support filtering Integrator time-enabled layers by boolean fields

The customer is displaying grid sensors on their map. The grid sensor error attribute is a boolean, True or False. They would like to be able to filter on a time-enabled layer based on whether the sensors are in error or not.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cross-Column filtering on PI Integrator

Have to be able in the filtering page of the PII4BA to 'include all columns where any/all of these conditions are true' and then select where a given attribute is greater, lower, etc. than... another attribute present in the preview table. Now I am able only to define constants (e.g. 100, 50).

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display more than 100 records (or show the total number of matching records)

Allow the user to display more than 100 records in Modify View screen or at least show the total number of rows as additional information.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support attribute renames

When an attribute(s) name changes, I would like the Integrator to propagate that change to existing views that contain the attribute. The Integrator does support element renames but not attribute name changes. Currently, we have to republish the affected views in order to continue publishing data for the renamed attributes.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New target Azure Cosmos DB

Implement new target Azure Cosmos DB - this is today not available and not on roadmap

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort View Statistics tab

As a user, I'd like to utilize the columns in Statistics tab more effectively by being able to sort on the column so that I can sort by duration, error count, etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently we don’t enable sort because each statistic such as “duration, error count, etc” is indexed on time. There is a time-series graph showing error count over the last X number of runs. And when there are anomalies, you can click into those runs to see more details. You can also easily click back out and see the trend for error count or duration. How would being able to sort add more or different value than what is currently available?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED