PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Widgets for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

Develop native widgets for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS that are similar to the ones available for Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. Customer Issue: Customers building apps with the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS want PI Coresight widgets available for their use in this application as well.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow configurable column size (nvarchar) when publishing to a relational table

The current default column size is 4000 characters. It would be nice to allow the user to have control over this parameter.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select all the attributes in a row

When I click on the "Select All" button in order to select all the attributes of a view, the child attributes are not automatically selected and it is needed to select them one by one.

Could it be possible to implement a new version of this functionality in order to facilitate our work?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Json format as output targets

Add the possibility of adding a target as a json gile format

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support different TimesStamp formats when Modifying Views

Currently it is not possible to change the TimeStamp format from MM/dd/yyyy 12h AM/PM to other formats. Since there are many potential different data endpoints, it may be a good idea to allow users to change to other formats, such as 24h Military time.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Conversion Faktor configuration to PI Integrator for BA

When adding Total column in PI Integrator fro BA it is one day total (Conversion Factor = 1) by default. This should be configurable.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Date and Time of Local PI Server, Not PI AF Instance

Currently, the timestamp which is shown in the export files is the date and time of the PI AF server which is extracting the data, not the date and time on the local PI server that the data is extracted from.  Like Datalink, we need the ability to pull data based on local date and time.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve the UI to allow the starting/stopping of multiple views at once.

There are a variety of reasons why being able to handle views in bulk would be nice. If I am cleaning up the UI it would be easier to delete multiple views at once. If I am doing maintenance on a target and I want to stop a subset of views, then I currently have to do them one at a time. Allowing the option to select multiple views would aid in these tasks.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide SQL Scripts for Creating the SQL Database Prior to Installation

Provide a way for a user with elevated SQL credentials to complete the SQL part of the installation prior to another user completing the installation of the executable. Customer Issue: Many customers have restricted access to SQL servers that an installing user would need to complete the installation. Providing scripts for the customer to complete the database creation before the installation means they can review the specific tasks that will be carried out before running the scripts, and they can have a user with existing elevated permissions perform this part of the installation.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow large queries to be split up into manageable pieces

If I build a view in the Integrator that asks the Data Archive for a large amount of information my query can timeout. This will result in the Integrator writing NULL values to certain columns of my view. As a current workaround I just build a view that spans a shorter time frame to decrease the amount of data I ask for in my query to avoid NULL values. I then can use the Update Data functionality to additional time frames in manageable pieces. This is not ideal and I do not believe it was the intended use of the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expose PI Integrator view statuses

Customers who plan to have a significant number of views need a better way to manage the status of their views other than periodically checking the PI Integrator UI.

There should be a way to obtain view statuses through other programs (custom or PI), so that users can receive alerts if a view goes into an error status.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New target Azure Cosmos DB

Implement new target Azure Cosmos DB - this is today not available and not on roadmap

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

Allow Arrow keys to navigate sequential message logs in the Web UI

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have option to publish data only when the value changes

As a user for PI Integrator for BA, I would like to have an option to only publish data when the value changes. The use case: a point is calculated via analysis service once a minute, and the value does not change often. I want the data to be published only when the value changes. Right now, PI Integrator for BA publishes the same (unchanged) value at each run with a different timestamp.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to schedule a view to run once

To minimize the load off of piarchss and pisnapss, it would be helpful to be able to schedule views to run once at a specific time. For example, a view to collect data from (January 2018 to January 2019) for multiple years so that it doesn't interfere with other views running.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sort View Statistics tab

As a user, I'd like to utilize the columns in Statistics tab more effectively by being able to sort on the column so that I can sort by duration, error count, etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a generic ODBC target

Add a target that points to a DSN or where you can specify the connection string (including the driver) this would allow to insert in any database that has an ODBC driver for Windows.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for default AF DB/Server to be reflected when building a new shape

When a user starts making a new Shape in the Designer UI they are given a list of AF Servers/DBs to choose from.The list is currently in alphabetical order and the first item is selected. It would be great if there were some default could be reflected so the user can immediately start working on the shape.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Filter based on tag attributes

As a data scientist, I would like the output from the integrator to only include values for tags that are actively updating. When the PI administrator disables scanning on a tag, I would like the option to filter the row or at least send a NULL value instead of interpolating the stale value.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for SAP HANA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cross-Column filtering on PI Integrator

Have to be able in the filtering page of the PII4BA to 'include all columns where any/all of these conditions are true' and then select where a given attribute is greater, lower, etc. than... another attribute present in the preview table. Now I am able only to define constants (e.g. 100, 50).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED