PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As Time Passes setting on Integrator Time-enabled Layer

As a customer, I would like to use the "As time passes, progressively display all the data to show all the data over time" in the time setting of Time-enabled Layer. This will allow me to create a heat map based on moving assets' paths cumulatively over a long time similar to the hurricane path examples in https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-time.htm

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide support for automatic updates for PI data in Event Views

There are automatic updates for PI data in Asset Views and Streaming Views, but not currently in Event Views which is what's used for Event Frames. This is important for propagating changes in EFs

Use case example: GADS classification. Data comes in and EFs are created. The integrator picks this up and sends the info along. Some time later (maybe a few days / maybe month end) data comes in re-classifying / updating the original data (ex. GADS code or attributes). In order to accommodate this manual intervention using the "Update Data" button is required.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display more than 100 records (or show the total number of matching records)

Allow the user to display more than 100 records in Modify View screen or at least show the total number of rows as additional information.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow connecting to Read-only Domain Controller

As a IT administrator, I would like to be able to configure the PI Integrator for Business Analytics to allow connection to my read-only domain controllers (RODC) so that the PI Integrator for Business Analytics is in line with the Windows Active Directory best practices that we employ for other applications in our organization. Currently, the PI Integrator for Business Analytics will use DNS queries based on its own server's domain to determine to which DCs it should connect, and this returns writeable DCs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow csv file rerun in PI Integrator for Business Analytics

Allow PI Integrator for Business Analytics to rerun a view that outputs to a csv file. Currently the "Update Data" button is grayed out.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support attribute renames

When an attribute(s) name changes, I would like the Integrator to propagate that change to existing views that contain the attribute. The Integrator does support element renames but not attribute name changes. Currently, we have to republish the affected views in order to continue publishing data for the renamed attributes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New target Azure Cosmos DB

Implement new target Azure Cosmos DB - this is today not available and not on roadmap

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Send a notification if a view fails to publish successfully

As a user, I would like a notification or email when a view did not succeed so that I can take action to backfill or triage the situation.  Currently I can only use the Last Run Time and it takes a long time to verify when each view's expected run time matches with the actual Last Run Time.  The Integrator does show an error icon when a view fails, but if the next run of the view succeeds, the icon disappears and the user has no way of knowing unless the user checks the 3rd party destination.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show a note for the user in Preview Data that only the first 100 rows are shown

At first I thought the Integrator only retrieved 100 rows of data.  It would be nice to know that the actual publication is not reflective of the preview and that the page is limited to the first 100 rows of results.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. UoM conversions should be optional

Currently the integrator takes the Unit-of-Measure Class of the first element found that matches the asset shape, and uses that for all elements. This causes UoM conversion problems if other elements have units from a different class.

I want the UoM conversion to be optional, as only at design time one can determine if the current set of elements, AND the future set of elements returned by the asset shape would support any UoM conversion or not.
    There are no technical means to ascertain the UoM class for future elements returned by the asset shape would match the current class.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide more detailed error logging

Error message logs sometimes are not detailed enough to properly troubleshoot. The customer would like to increase logging available in order to get more insight as to what is going on.

One example - the PI Integrator for BA does not publish any message when there is a permissions/access issue to output data to a Kafka Topic.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability to select a subset of  assets for backfill/Update in a view.

The current 'Update' feature backfills all assets matching the asset shape defined in the view.
    However, when there is a need to back-fill only a small set of assets in a view there is no option to select such assets.
    Adding a select option would prevent updating all assets in the view and user could select only those assets which require a back-fill

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for SAP HANA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    TELL US MORE  ·  Joy Wang responded

Thank you for your feedback! We would need more discussion with supporters to understand the problem.

How does the lack of this functionality impact your work? How often does this happen? How many assets are typically in your view? And how many assets are typically affected?

Does the new automatic updates through persistent signups (introduced in 2018) mitigate this problem at all?

Please feel free to email me or post a comment to help us understand the pain point.

13. Have the option with streaming views to only send updated values to the target

In PI Integrator for Business Analytics 2020 Patch 1 (2.3.0.426) streaming views has the option to send messages when any selected key values are updated, but this publishes the complete message to the target, including attributes which have not updated.

It should be possible with the "any" message trigger to only send the updated values to the publish target. This option to only send updated data could be listed as one of the Value Options when configuring the message content.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a toggleable switch for text file targets to allow the ID Column

With previous versions when you would create a text file view, the first column would be an index/ID column numbering each row. With upgrade to PI Integrator for Business Analytics 2020 the column is no longer there as a part of the enhancements released in this version.

One of the users of a view has a system already configured to account for the ID column and has requested that I put the ID column back in one of my views.

For this use case, it would be useful to have the ID column be toggleable when I configure the text…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge

Currently OSI has not tested web-based PI tools with Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge.
    It will be helpful to know if there are plans for it to become officially supported by a certain time, since eventually Chromium-based Edge will get pushed to all of end users

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow change of target configuration after publish

Once a View has been published, you cannot change the Target--the dropdown is greyed out on the 'Publish' screen in the designer. You have to re-create the View to publish to a new target, which is a lot more work and opens up the potential for issues or misconfigurations. Use case: if I was publishing to a sandbox environment and now want to publish the View to production, I could change the existing View's target in the drop-down instead of re-creating it.

Note: This is different from another, completed idea (https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/555136-pi-integrators/suggestions/35776837-allow-target-configuration-changes-to-be-pushed-ou) as I don't want the configuration of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support data filtering on map for time-enabled layers with PI Point attributes for geometry

Currently the PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS does not support data filtering on the map when PI Point attributes are used for the X and Y fields for a time-enabled layer.

I would like the integrator to allow data filtering on the map regardless of whether the geometry is static or dynamic.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow PiView to be removed from Identities "Allowed Publish Target"

This is very similar to the "Allow PI View Target to be disabled" suggestion below (I voted for that one as well). - I can understand if PiView needs to remain to simplify installation, but if I have a specific group of users that I want to just be able to publish to specific targets, I CAN"T currently remove "Pi View", and it always comes up 1st on the list of potential dropdowns.

In this case, I don't want users publishing to PIView, rather I just one to give them a single choice, that is controlled at the Admin level.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PI Integrator for BA support for Amazon RDS database

It would be useful if the Integrator could use Amazon's RDS in addition to SQL Server as a backend for publishing views.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the ability to export/import views via automation or command line

The current feature in PII4BA 2020 to export/import views requires the user to go into the UI, connect to the target AF Server/DB and then import the (json) file in question.

It would be ideal to be able to perform the same operation through a command line or REST API using arguments to select the AF Server/DB or other required configuration. This would greatly ease the operation of bulk loads and make the whole process more seamless to the end user.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED