PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support query all child event frames (based on different templates) and their respective attributes into a single event view

The batch process can include multiple levels of child event frames which are based on different templates and thus contain different attributes. As a PI Integrator user, I would like to have the option to build a single event view which include all child event frames and their attributes. This will give a holistic view of a parent event. Currently I must use separate event views for each child event frame. This is difficult to manage.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support data filtering on map for time-enabled layers with PI Point attributes for geometry

Currently the PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS does not support data filtering on the map when PI Point attributes are used for the X and Y fields for a time-enabled layer.

I would like the integrator to allow data filtering on the map regardless of whether the geometry is static or dynamic.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow PiView to be removed from Identities "Allowed Publish Target"

This is very similar to the "Allow PI View Target to be disabled" suggestion below (I voted for that one as well). - I can understand if PiView needs to remain to simplify installation, but if I have a specific group of users that I want to just be able to publish to specific targets, I CAN"T currently remove "Pi View", and it always comes up 1st on the list of potential dropdowns.

In this case, I don't want users publishing to PIView, rather I just one to give them a single choice, that is controlled at the Admin level.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PI Integrator for BA support for Amazon RDS database

It would be useful if the Integrator could use Amazon's RDS in addition to SQL Server as a backend for publishing views.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to disable Integrator REST Services Directory

Allow Integrator administrators to disable the Integrator's REST API Services Directory as recommended by Esri for production systems. See https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/linux/disabling-the-services-directory.htm

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scheduled Update Data for Business Integrator

We would like the ability to "schedule" a reoccurring "update data" write for a PI View. We have several scheduled backfills for processes where data is somewhat delayed (i.e. lab data) but to get the data in the PI View today we need to do a manual "Update Data" each time from the PI BI portal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to only use access control lists to access Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS) Gen2 containers and directories

Published on behalf of a customer. PI Integrator for BA currently requires the use of role-based access control (Azure RBAC) to authenticate to the storage account first. With the Storage Blob Data Reader role, it grants read and list permissions to all storage containers and blobs. As a user, I would like to only use Access Control Lists (ACLs) to limit PI Integrator service's permission to a specific container/folder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Publishing of a Narrow Data Format

It would be helpful to be able to publish to a narrow format to reduce downstream impact due to the fact that we don't have to change the table structures when the assets change. (flexibility)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wide_and_narrow_data

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shorten the wait time for recovering output streams

Currently I need to wait for 7 days to recover output streams from deleted views. Please shorten the wait time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to export/import views via automation or command line

The current feature in PII4BA 2020 to export/import views requires the user to go into the UI, connect to the target AF Server/DB and then import the (json) file in question.

It would be ideal to be able to perform the same operation through a command line or REST API using arguments to select the AF Server/DB or other required configuration. This would greatly ease the operation of bulk loads and make the whole process more seamless to the end user.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Configuration of S3 Target Endpoint to Enable S3-Compatible Storage Solutions

Currently PI hardcodes the AWS S3 endpoint. We would like to target open source S3-compatible storage solutions but are inhibited by the lack of configuration available when setting up the S3 target

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't recreate SQL View tables for minor changes

As a Developer, it would be useful if the SQL tables outputted by the PI Integrator for Business Analytics were not deleted and recreated when minor changes are made to the Integrator View, such as the schedule. This would stop connections/queries being made to these tables from being broken.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow saving message schema to a file from PI Integrator for Business Analytics UI

Currently, PI Integrator only allows to save message schema to Registry. I would like to be able to save the schema to a file (for example: .json, .csv) as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to automatically create sub folders in AWS S3 per time period (hour/day/month)

It would be nice to have an option to specify PI INT to create sub folders within a 'view' folder in AWS S3 so that data files dumped in S3 folder could be automatically organized by the time period, example: subfolder for all files created for that day.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After manually updating data, the next scheduled publish should ensure it does not publish duplicates

As a PI Integrator user, if I use the manual "Update Data" option to correct a time period that includes data that will be published on the next scheduled publication run I do not want this next scheduled run to publish duplicate rows. For example, if I have an Event View that publishes on the hour every hour and the last run was at 1:00 PM, if I run update data at 1:25 PM specifying start time 1:00 PM to end time *, the next scheduled publish will look at the 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM time range and therefore…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support Element metadata Modification for data synchronization with PI AF

I would like the PI Integrator for BA to be able to detect an Element metadata modification (ex.: Category) and automatically add this element to published views where the element modification matches the view's shape

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Set the default installation path to PIHOME64 instead of C:\Program Files\OSIsoft\Integrators\Esri ArcGIS\

The installation path should be consistent with all other OSIsoft products that are installed in PIHOME64.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Push archived values for multiple attributes within one view

Right now, you can essentially choose one column/attribute to get the archived values and use that as a key. So the timestamp for every column in the view would be the timestamps associated with one column's archived values.
    I would like to push just the archived values for every attribute within in my view and not be limited by one key.

This would probably go well with this request: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/555136-pi-integrators/suggestions/38777014-more-control-over-view-format-wide-verse-long-tab

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More control over view format (wide verse long tables)

I would like to be able to have more control over the format of the views. For instance, right now it automatically populates every included attribute as a column. For my continuous data attributes I would like to be able to condense the 50+ individual attribute columns into 3 columns : attribute, value, timestamp. This would make the table a long format instead of wide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Questionable as Data Content option

As a data science user, I would like to be able to include additional PI/AF tag information such as is Questionable so that I may filter out data down stream easier.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED