PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Integrators?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HA/Failover mechanism for the PI Integrator for ESRI

As a user of the PI Integrator for ESRI, I would like a High Availability/failover mechanism for the integrator (data relay and application server components).

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Download Logs' should download all logs within the specified time range

Currently it only downloads logs that are loaded in the display pane. In order to get it to download everything, I have to scroll down until everything is loaded.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow target configuration changes to be pushed out to previously created views

This would be useful if you have many views and the configuration for a target changes (SQL login changes, hostname changes, etc).

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow default schema to be configurable

Our Database Administrator would like the Integrator to publish using a different schema than dbo for SQL targets, so I would like this to be configurable in the Integrator. Currently it is not possible to change it from the default dbo.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Publish event view even if there are no matches

I have a need to create event views before a process starts and the event frames are created. Right now, I have to create a dummy event frame in order to publish the view since you cannot publish a view with no matches.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create Start Menu shortcut for Integrator

It would be nice if the PI Integrator installation created a Start Menu shortcut to the Integrator User Interface, similar to how a PI Connector installation creates a Start Menu shortcut linked to the PI Connector Administration page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Schedule to publish a view certain days of the week or month

The possibility of publishing as view certain days of the week or month.

For example publish the view
    - The first 15 days of the month.
    - Different days in a month: 1,5,11,22..
    - Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

This will allow to have the data right when needed being able to schedule properly analyzing tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have programatic and framwork kit for Integrators

Many partners we work with would like to be able to configure views and data output from PI Integrator for BA directly from within their Analytics tools. This could allow for better integration with thrid party analytics tools and open an OEM/Reseller market for OSisoft partners.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to select a subset of  assets for backfill/Update in a view.

The current 'Update' feature backfills all assets matching the asset shape defined in the view.
    However, when there is a need to back-fill only a small set of assets in a view there is no option to select such assets.
    Adding a select option would prevent updating all assets in the view and user could select only those assets which require a back-fill.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for SAP HANA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We would need more discussion with supporters to understand the problem.

How does the lack of this functionality impact your work? How often does this happen? How many assets are typically in your view? And how many assets are typically affected?

Does the new automatic updates through persistent signups (introduced in 2018) mitigate this problem at all?

Please feel free to email me or post a comment to help us understand the pain point.

10. Add ability to export stored Events for Event-based analysis, not only interpolated

Currently we can export PI data using a given interval, returning evenly-spaced rows of data.

However, for some uses i need to have the original events stored in PI, not interpolated.

E.g. i need to create a report that contains every value that the operator has entered (e.g. a catalyst dosing volume) in the duration of an EventFrame.
    For that i would need Archived values like i have in OLEDB Enterprise.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for "BoD" (beginning of day) in Start Time End Time

As a user who creates daily reports with the Integrator, it would be great if setting the period had a function similar to AF's Analysis "BoD" which returns the beginning of a day regardless of time input so that it will avoid confusion and ease the dependency between the job running time and the selection period.  Currently if I want a job to get data from midnight to midnight at 1AM everyday, I have to use Start time *-25h and End time *-61m (to avoid 2 values of the daily interpolation).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sort View Statistics tab

As a user, I'd like to utilize the columns in Statistics tab more effectively by being able to sort on the column so that I can sort by duration, error count, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save sort/filter conditions

As a user, I would like to persist the filters I have on the My Views page so that I can quickly check on my views and see their statuses in a logical fashion.  Right now, I can sort by certain columns, but if I navigate to another page and come back to My Views, the sort is lost.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send a notification if a view fails to publish successfully

As a user, I would like a notification or email when a view did not succeed so that I can take action to backfill or triage the situation.  Currently I can only use the Last Run Time and it takes a long time to verify when each view's expected run time matches with the actual Last Run Time.  The Integrator does show an error icon when a view fails, but if the next run of the view succeeds, the icon disappears and the user has no way of knowing unless the user checks the 3rd party destination.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add support for "Limits" in PI System Explorer

As a user of AF, we would like it to be the system of record for our data.  For some of our KPIs, we would like to leverage the Limits feature in PI System Explorer and have the ability to add those limits to the Integrator.  Then we can leverage the limits downstream when creating our dashboards to show if a KPI is below or above a limit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show a note for the user in Preview Data that only the first 100 rows are shown

At first I thought the Integrator only retrieved 100 rows of data.  It would be nice to know that the actual publication is not reflective of the preview and that the page is limited to the first 100 rows of results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save the original First Run Time field when modifying a view

When modifying a view that has already ran successfully, the First Run Time is not preserved.  The last time I configured it, it was set to a future date at 1AM.  When I modify it again, the field is populated with '*'.  It would be nice to have the last configuration saved even if it's not valid, so that I have the context of what I last configured.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customize text file target

Ability to set the locales for each text file target individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a generic ODBC target

Add a target that points to a DSN or where you can specify the connection string (including the driver) this would allow to insert in any database that has an ODBC driver for Windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable automatic matches in Modify View screen

As a PI View creator with an AF Database with several thousands of elements, I need to disable automatic matches so the GUI would run faster, and when I have finished shaping my data I should be able to enable matches again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED