PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cross-Column filtering on PI Integrator

Have to be able in the filtering page of the PII4BA to 'include all columns where any/all of these conditions are true' and then select where a given attribute is greater, lower, etc. than... another attribute present in the preview table. Now I am able only to define constants (e.g. 100, 50).

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Start Time" and "End Time" of a view reflect the data the view contains.

As someone who uses the UI to get a summary of what my views contain, I would like the view's "Start Time" and "End Time" to reflect the actual data contained within the view in the case that I "Update Data" in the view to be something outside of the original bounds.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support SAML authentication

The PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS does not support SAML authentication through Portal. Support for SAML authentication would allow PI Integrator users to configure their own Identity Provider.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for "BoD" (beginning of day) in Start Time End Time

As a user who creates daily reports with the Integrator, it would be great if setting the period had a function similar to AF's Analysis "BoD" which returns the beginning of a day regardless of time input so that it will avoid confusion and ease the dependency between the job running time and the selection period.  Currently if I want a job to get data from midnight to midnight at 1AM everyday, I have to use Start time *-25h and End time *-61m (to avoid 2 values of the daily interpolation).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize text file target

Ability to set the locales for each text file target individually.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to permanently delete views

I often create test views and then delete them from the User Interface when they are no longer needed. The Licensing page in the User Interface and the configuration database, however, still show these deleted views, which can be confusing when we are trying to recover streams. It would be nice if there were a way to permanently delete a view from the Licensing page and backend configuration database when we are sure they are no longer needed.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AF Audit Trail is incompatible with the Integrator for BA

Refer to the details of ticket #881602.
    In short, the integrator leads to excessive amounts of Audit records. I see at least 50% of the Audit entries being related to the Integrator, when that is only used very lightly.

1) it should be documented that these are effectively incompatible
    2) preferred there should be a way such that the Integrator does not cause any audit records for the internal housekeeping of the tool.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Schedule to publish a view certain days of the week or month

The possibility of publishing as view certain days of the week or month.

For example publish the view
    - The first 15 days of the month.
    - Different days in a month: 1,5,11,22..
    - Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

This will allow to have the data right when needed being able to schedule properly analyzing tasks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to select a subset of  assets for backfill/Update in a view.

The current 'Update' feature backfills all assets matching the asset shape defined in the view.
    However, when there is a need to back-fill only a small set of assets in a view there is no option to select such assets.
    Adding a select option would prevent updating all assets in the view and user could select only those assets which require a back-fill.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PI Integrator for SAP HANA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We would need more discussion with supporters to understand the problem.

How does the lack of this functionality impact your work? How often does this happen? How many assets are typically in your view? And how many assets are typically affected?

Does the new automatic updates through persistent signups (introduced in 2018) mitigate this problem at all?

Please feel free to email me or post a comment to help us understand the pain point.

10. Add support for OAuth2 authenication for the Hadoop target

It would be good to support more types of authentication. The current release of Hadoops add OAuth2 support to WebHDFS. This helps PI Integrator for BA to integrate with enterprise data lakes utilizing single-signon systems.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HA/Failover mechanism for the PI Integrator for ESRI

As a user of the PI Integrator for ESRI, I would like a High Availability/failover mechanism for the integrator (data relay and application server components).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keeping AF structure consistent with the Map layer

There is a new map feature created, while adding a new element based on the same element template in AF.

However, while deleting one of the existing AF elements does not delete the map feature.

Customer is monitoring oil wells. They are rebuilding the AF structure (using custom AF SDK script) once a day. They want to display only the active oil wells. The newly added oil wells are displayed alongside the updated ones and the removed ones (features) from the AF structure. They want to remove the map features for the non-existent elements (inactive wells).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow PiView to be removed from Identities "Allowed Publish Target"

This is very similar to the "Allow PI View Target to be disabled" suggestion below (I voted for that one as well). - I can understand if PiView needs to remain to simplify installation, but if I have a specific group of users that I want to just be able to publish to specific targets, I CAN"T currently remove "Pi View", and it always comes up 1st on the list of potential dropdowns.

In this case, I don't want users publishing to PIView, rather I just one to give them a single choice, that is controlled at the Admin level.…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PI Integrator for BA support for Amazon RDS database

It would be useful if the Integrator could use Amazon's RDS in addition to SQL Server as a backend for publishing views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow data encoding to be configurable

Certain data applications, such as Azure Stream Analytics, require specific encoding of data (eg UTF-8 vs UTF-16). In order to use these applications, the PI Integrator should allow the data encoding to be configurable during view creation.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send a notification if a view fails to publish successfully

As a user, I would like a notification or email when a view did not succeed so that I can take action to backfill or triage the situation.  Currently I can only use the Last Run Time and it takes a long time to verify when each view's expected run time matches with the actual Last Run Time.  The Integrator does show an error icon when a view fails, but if the next run of the view succeeds, the icon disappears and the user has no way of knowing unless the user checks the 3rd party destination.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable automatic matches in Modify View screen

As a PI View creator with an AF Database with several thousands of elements, I need to disable automatic matches so the GUI would run faster, and when I have finished shaping my data I should be able to enable matches again.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Publish event view even if there are no matches

I have a need to create event views before a process starts and the event frames are created. Right now, I have to create a dummy event frame in order to publish the view since you cannot publish a view with no matches.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to disable Integrator REST Services Directory

Allow Integrator administrators to disable the Integrator's REST API Services Directory as recommended by Esri for production systems. See https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/linux/disabling-the-services-directory.htm

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow English PI Time to be used regardless of integrator language settings

Other products (such as DataLink) will allow for English PI Time to be utilized regardless of the language settings. For instance, both "*-8h" and "*-8horas" will work in DataLink if Spanish is the selected language. However, only "*-8horas" will work if Spanish is the selected language for the integrator in the UI.

The request is to bring the integrator more inline with how other OSIsoft products handle PI Time in different languages.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED