PI Integrators

Welcome to the PI Integrators feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Integrators. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add offset options

I'd like the ability to configure offsets so that 1) my Views are consistently run for the same time intervals (important for statistical calculations) and 2) I can stagger the publishing of my Views to improve performance.

If I were publishing a relative Continuous View with Start: *-10m to End: * and my goal publishing period were to be something like 08:40 to 08:50--

For the first, I envision this similar to interface scan class offsets. I'd like to schedule an offset so the View runs every ten minutes but must start at 00:00. This would help avoid accidentally clicking…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide support for automatic updates for PI data in Event Views

There are automatic updates for PI data in Asset Views and Streaming Views, but not currently in Event Views which is what's used for Event Frames. This is important for propagating changes in EFs

Use case example: GADS classification. Data comes in and EFs are created. The integrator picks this up and sends the info along. Some time later (maybe a few days / maybe month end) data comes in re-classifying / updating the original data (ex. GADS code or attributes). In order to accommodate this manual intervention using the "Update Data" button is required.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Business Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Boolean row filter

In PI Integrator for BA, to use filter on an attribute configured as Boolean Value Type, we can use Numeric filter. However, 'attribute' = 1 does not work because it filters out all the rows. We have to use 'attribute' = True. It is not intuitive that we can use string value in a numeric filter. Is there any way OSIsoft can improve the UI, like add a row filter option for Boolean?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Display full path of the element in the column name

When there are multiple attributes named the same for different elements, the full path is automatically done to avoid duplicated column names. Element without name duplication issue should also have the option to display the full path column name.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Questionable as Data Content option

As a data science user, I would like to be able to include additional PI/AF tag information such as is Questionable so that I may filter out data down stream easier.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create non-clustered index via the Integrator front end

Our end users tend not to have SQL access. We would like to allow them to create clustered indexes to increase the performance of a SQL query on the target view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send Notification When Publish Job Complete

Not sure this would help with continuous jobs, but for large jobs that are scheduled to run one time (for example: publish last 2 years of history) it would be nice to be able to have PI Integrator send off a notification when the job is complete. In the administration section where you can create publish targets, you could add a section, notification targets, where you could define a group of people to send a notification to by email. In the email I could see it stating that the publish job is complete and maybe some high level stats, but…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Announce to user that current browser is unsupported

This request applies to any OSIsoft product that requires a web browser: If certain browsers or browser versions are not supported by an OSIsoft product, the browser version should be detected and an error message shown to the user so they know to use a different browser or version.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have the option to preserve or change GUID during View import

During View import process, have the option to preserve or change the View's GUID. This comes into play if multiple Integrators share the same SQL backend; there will be a GUID collision. Use case: split a large view among Integrators (for performance reasons) by using the Export/Import option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrator should have a status page

The Integrator application server should have a status page ("OK" or "Running") so that clients or load balancers can easily determine whether the site is up or not.  This should be implemented when the Integrator eventually supports high availability.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Compress files written using file target

I am using PI Integrator to write data to file and then importing the file into a system PI Integrator does not natively support. Since I have to copy files over the network to get them to my other system, it would be nice if PI Integrator compressed the files once publishing is complete.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add attribute configuration string/PI tag name to view

My users want to see the PI Point names in their views and not just the attribute name. I would like to be able to add the attribute configuration string as a column in my view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow to configure the format of the output file

The actual version just allows to create a text file output. It would be nice to be able to manage the format of the columns in that target

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to split date and time into separate columns

SAP recommends using compression on column store databases to conserve RAM and disk space resources (https://blogs.sap.com/2016/08/12/how-and-why-to-do-compression-of-column-store-tables-in-sap-hana/). Since date+time values are typically unique and compression in SAP HANA is column-based, compression of timeseries data like the data published by the Integrator is more effective if date and time are in separate columns as opposed to a single time column containing both date and time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for SAP HANA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to Write data to PI from Integrator Hosted Time Enabled Feature Services

Native ArcGIS Feature Services allow for features to be updated by performing a POST to the REST endpoint to "Apply Updates".  It would be good to be able to record new values to the PI Data Archive by "Applying Edits" to the features / Elements made available for read access by the Integrator Hosted Time Enabled Feature Services.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Always produce output table on publication: if there is no data to export when an asset view is published, produce an empty output table

I build asset views on a schedule with interpolated time points based on a PI Point. I also set these up before any data is added to the PI Point so on first publication there is no data to export. Currently the PI Integrator for Business Analytics does not produce an output table if there is no data to export so any downstream SQL queries will fail since the table does not exist. If the output table was always created on publication, and an empty table was created when there is no data to export, this problem would be fixed. …

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create ArcGIS Feature Services and Layers with More Descriptive Names

Update the naming convention used to create ArcGIS feature services and layers to use names that more accurately reflect the services and layers stored on the Integrator side. Customer Issue: The current convention is to use numbers instead of the layer names which causes confusion when trying to locate published items in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set the default installation path to PIHOME64 instead of C:\Program Files\OSIsoft\Integrators\Esri ArcGIS\

The installation path should be consistent with all other OSIsoft products that are installed in PIHOME64.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More control over view format (wide verse long tables)

I would like to be able to have more control over the format of the views. For instance, right now it automatically populates every included attribute as a column. For my continuous data attributes I would like to be able to condense the 50+ individual attribute columns into 3 columns : attribute, value, timestamp. This would make the table a long format instead of wide.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add value option to publish element version metadata

As a PI Integrator user, I would like to be able to publish metadata about a given element's/attribute's AF version metadata (such as number like 0, 1, 2) so that I am aware when an element/attribute version has changed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED