PI Connectors

Welcome to the PI Connectors feedback page!  

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Connectors. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PI Connector for Allotrope Foundation Standards (Lab Equipment)

Create a connector that supports the allotrope foundation standards for laboratory equipment.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New PI Connector request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a connector for Profinet

Profinet is an industrial protocol which communicates over Ethernet. It offers a number of desirable features and functionalities which many of our customers find, or will find as the protocol becomes more widespread, very useful for collecting data from their industrial devices.

http://us.profinet.com/technology/profinet/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New PI Connector request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PI Connector for RDBMS

The PI Interface for RDBMS is one of the most used PI Interfaces. Unfortunately, the fact that it is a PI Interface makes it unnecessarily difficult to use, and turning it into a PI Connector can help alleviate this. No more Location codes, squishy PI ICU, distributor tags, SQL file in the InstrumentTag, strange notations in the ExDesc, etc.

52 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  New PI Connector request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

From this item description it looks like the major pain point with existing RDBMS interface is providing configuration information (to the tags and interface). I would like to understand more if the request behind the connector is to solely minimize providing configuration information to the existing interface and tags?

4. Rockwell CLX Connector

I am interested in a Rockwell CLX Connector.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New PI Connector request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED