How can we improve PI Connectors?

Support Alarms and Conditions

Support for Alarms & Conditions.  This data type would be good candiate for storing into Event Frames.  Tell us more about your use case in the comments, which source system you have that support A&C, and how you would select which A&C to collect/not collect.  How would you like Event Frames built and named?

33 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTodd Brown (Product Manager, OSIsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hobbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi!

Currently we are using OPC AE and storing the events in Event Frames. When we move to use OPC UA we need to start to work with Alarms & Conditions instead!

Also i want a way to native create Event Frames within the Connector for OPC UA.

//Magnus

• FranzK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we also use WinCC and other scada systems. about what to collect/ not collect, there should be same filtering possible like in the scada system itself, so i want the possibility to filter on every attribute the scada system offers. Naming for event frame should also be possible. E.g. Asset_Alarmtext or Alarmtext_Messageclass,...
    The eventframes should be built without using PI Tags (Tagrefference). The behaviour of the end of eventframe (end eventframe when alarm is gone or with quitting) should be configurable in the connector

• Hobbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! We are about to do a pilot with alarms and events to let them be stored into event frames!
    I heared it was a new product from OSI regarding this issue! We want to be involved in a Beta test.
    We use Siemens WinCC and ABB 800 xA DCS systems.

//Magnus Holmbom, Vattenfall Vattenkraft AB

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED