How can we improve PI Connectors?

Develop an interactive INI editor for the UFL Connector

The editor should allow you to see in real time how it interacts with the data. Being able to test the INI file prior to loading some file would make it much more manageable to read a variety of data format and insure that it has the expected behavior before starting the connector and having to use a trial and error approach. A good example of this is what Microsoft does with PowerQuery in PowerBI. This would allow troubleshooting UFL issues much more easily and allow more people to use the connector without having to spend a serious amount of time testing all the various scenarios.

62 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gabriel Michaud-Verreault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • taterhead247 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please do this. I have no background in creating ini's and if the examples on GitHub aren't exact, I have massive problems creating one. And, there's no way to tell why my ini is failing. I know the connector is getting data, but nothing is being written to PI and I have NO idea why!

• Alexandru Guzu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The PI UFL Interface comes with an INI builder (albeit a pretty outdated one). It does makes sense for the PI UFL Connector to come with a modern INI builder as well
    +1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED