PI Interfaces

Welcome to the PI Interfaces feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Interfaces?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PI Interface for Foxboro I/A 70 Series should support Windows 2016 and I/A Version 9.4

The PI Foxboro Interface should support the new Foxboro platform on Windows Server 2016 and I/A Version 9.4.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OPC interface retries sending InstrumentTag/ItemID to OPC Server

The idea is to have PI Interface for OPC DA/HDA to be able to send again Instrument Tag/Item ID after a configurable time when OPC Server is not able to resolve it (AddItem failed). This would be a workaround for an OPC server issue and would help customers avoid the need to restart interface or modify affected tags in order to have tag incorporated into interface's list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Interface for OPC DA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PI Interface for OPC DA retry writing data when it receives a CONNECT_E_ADVISELIMIT error.

I would like the ability for the PI Interface for OPC DA to retry writing data when it receives a CONNECT_E_ADVISELIMIT error. Certain OPC servers return a CONNECT_E_ADVISELIMIT error when write requests are received in quick succession, and having a setting to retry writing the data would be better than the current method of performing a restart of the service. The issue is exacerbated when the network is unstable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Interface for OPC DA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Embed more videos inside of help topics

Add the YouTube help videos that exist on the OSIsoft Learning channel to the "Help" section of ICU. For example, the UFL designer YouTube videos would appear alongside the corresponding documentation that should be accessible from ICU > Help > Interface Manual...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alert user when the interface discards values

Example:  When using a distribution tag, the number of tags returned and number of values sent to PI can be mismatched, due to missing aliases or data that does not need to be collected.

It would be helpful to identify what values are dropped or were not updated in PI.  While there is the @rows_dropped variable, it can only be used for distribution tags and may have limitations when used with stored procedures.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Interface for RDBMS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OPC Alarms&Events interface should natively support event frame creation

As a PI Interface for OPC Alarms & Events user that would like to leverage AF Event Frames for more advanced analysis, I would like for the OPC AE interface to have an option to natively create event frames that open when a Status = Active message is received and close when the corresponding Status = Inactive message is received. This could be similar to the existing Batch Framework Interfaces.

Currently it is very difficult to use the Analysis Service to correctly open/close event frames because the OPC AE interface writes different alarms to the same tags and multiple alarms…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PI UFL Interface can read input files from non-UNC paths such as Azure File share

I would like the PI UFL Interface to be able to directly read from input files that are in non-UNC paths such as Azure File share, so I do not need to periodically copy the input files into another path.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UFL Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DeltaV Smart Connector Enhancement

I think it would be a good idea to allow exception settings to be created. The DeltaV history collection settings only allow for compression. Since many/most users use 1/2 compression for their exception value then perhaps we could have a check box on install of the smart connector to turn a general exception rule on. The point of the smart connector is so that a user shouldn't have to modify tags after they are created from DeltaV.

The other enhancement that would be great is if we didn't have hard-coded security groups (DeltaV and Deltavadmin user) but could put in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UFL Interface - Increase UFL designer sample data file size limit beyond 50 KB

The UFL designer currently limits the sample data file size to 50 KB. This requires users to truncate their text files until it is below this limit.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Conversion Factor with PItoPI interface

I would like to use a Conversion Factor for some PI Points that retrieve data via PI to PI. For example, on the source server the data is in volts. I would like to convert this data to kilo volts on the destination server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI to PI Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support Automatic Failover for PI UFL

Currently UFL only supports two independent instances for redundancy purposes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support string tags in PI Interface for CSI UCOS

The newest version of UCOS now supports string tags.  Currently the CSIUCOS interface (1.0.0.22 as of writing) does not support these types of tags.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SNMP Interface to support using multiple types of encryption such as DES, 3DES, and AES-128 bit, AES-192 bit, and AES-256 bit.

SNMP Interface should support using multiple types of encryption such as DES, 3DES, and AES-128 bit, AES-192 bit, and AES-256 bit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quindar interface should allow tracing of values from the data source for a specified PI point.

The PI Interface for Quindar SCADA should have an option to log all values and timestamps from the data source (Prior to any processing by UniInt) for a specified PI point.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UNIINT Interfaces and Connectors should be able to retry an output event if output write fails

When an interface fails writing to a DCS system, the interface writes a failure status to the output tag and goes on.  User has requested an option to have an output tag retry after write failure. It would be good to have this functionality in all uniint interfaces as they are recompiled, starting with the OPC DA interface, also to have this added to PI Connectors. Retries could stop after x retries of 1 minute retries, or when a new output value comes in. Or some other policy could be worked out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PI-SNMPTrap interface request support for SNMPv3 trap

PI-SNMPTrap interface currently only has support for SNMPv1 and SNMPv2C trap. Feature request for PI-SNMPTrap interface to include support for SNMPv3 trap.

Monitoring of snmp traps originating from CISCO switch devices require support for SNMPv3 trap.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Batch Framework Interfaces - Support filtering by whitelisting

As a Batch Framework Interface user, I would like to filter my batch data by whitelisting. Currently the only option is blacklisting. This is inconvenient, for example, if data is only desired from a few units. Each time a new unit is added to the data source, the interface configuration must be updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PI EFGEN Interface -- Allow the "time true" fuction for EFGen

in order to eliminate unwanted or noise event which be triggered and recovered in a short period.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PI Interface for GE HABConnect support of SCTIME request

Currently, the PI Interface for GE HABConnect supports FLDTIME requests, which provides the timestamp of the field device.  In the absence of this, the default is the timestamp of the Sampler when HAB API makes an unsolicited update to the interface. 

If SCTIME was a request that was supported, the timestamp that the sampler received data from the field device could be returned instead.  This would be helpful for two reasons. 

1.  As an alternative to FLDTIME: SCTIME would standardize the timestamps coming in when field devices are not on synced time clocks

2.  As an alternative to the update…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. History recovery from multiple tags with one output tag

I have a scan-based output point writing multiple PI values to the relational database as described here:
    https://livelibrary.osisoft.com/LiveLibrary/content/en/int-rdbms-v4/GUID-1A194D2B-388B-4FD7-8B82-D85EDDBBC572

I would like to perform history recovery for such an output point, but this is currently not possible because the output point is scan-based:
    https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/KB/KB01139/

Since event-driven tags can have only one source tags, I cannot recover historical data from multiple PI tags with only one output tag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Interface for RDBMS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base