PI Interfaces

Welcome to the PI Interfaces feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Interfaces. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring in UOM from EMDVBCS source files.

EMBVBCS currently does not bring in UOM from source files to the interface.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. EFGEN - Allow Active Point Trigger Based on Specific Value/Logic/Calculation

Using EFGen, currently an EF can only be triggered based on the zeroth state of the Active Point. This makes is impossible to trigger different events based on specific values of a single PI Tag.

I am trying to implement a batch structure using Event Frames with production run as the parent and different phases of the run as children. I have a single PI Tag that lists the current phase of the run in real time. It would be nice to be able to trigger the phase child events based on the specific string values of this tag.

PI…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Suppress creation of an AF Element hierarchy

As a PI Admin, I may have already created a AF Element Hierarchy corresponding to my BES or MES source data. Therefore I have no need for the interface to create a new AF Elements and I would like to suppress this completely.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Double check window required when deleting an instance in PI Event Frames Interface Manager

As a PI System Admin, I would like to see a confirmation window (acceptation pop-up message), when deleting Interface instances in PI Event Frames Interface Manager. This would minimize the deletion of the instances by error.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Batch interface to support slightly different parsing logic

Some of the fields incoming from the DCS are user entered and prone to errors. Please allow for the option to include slightly different logics to be able to filter out those user errors (such as empty spaces at the end of the string, etc).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Batch Framework Interfaces - Support filtering by whitelisting

As a Batch Framework Interface user, I would like to filter my batch data by whitelisting. Currently the only option is blacklisting. This is inconvenient, for example, if data is only desired from a few units. Each time a new unit is added to the data source, the interface configuration must be updated.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PI EFGEN Interface -- Allow the "time true" fuction for EFGen

in order to eliminate unwanted or noise event which be triggered and recovered in a short period.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow PI Interface for EMDVB to have the ability to define the source system Time/TimeZone offset.

PI EMDVB interface stops because of time difference between SQL and PI servers:

"Error, SQL Server is ahead of PI Server more than 30 seconds, please adjust clocks. "

That means we should adjust the (SQL server) DCS clock. However 30 seconds seems a short time to me.

I would like the PI Interface for EMDVB to have the ability to define the source system Time/TimeZone offset.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make UserID and ReviewerID available from BatchQuestion table for PI Interface for Wonderware InBatch

Currently UserID (DoneBy_User_ID) and ReviewerID (CheckBy_User_ID) cannot be read from the BatchQuestion table when using PI Interface for Wonderware InBatch. These fields are important to know who answered the question and who confirmed/checked the question.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Tag Template Triggers to trigger on blank placeholders

Currently, Batch Interface Framework interfaces implement tag template triggers that can trigger whenever a placeholder has any value. These interfaces should also support triggering when a placeholder does not have a value. For example, our SISBatch data source has separate columns for Operation and Phase information. We would like to record the value of the [DESCRIPT] column in a tag only for non-phase batch events (i.e. trigger the tag template only when the [PHASE] placeholder is blank).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. EFGEN - Allow for null/blank values to be Zeroth State for active point

When my EFGen Active Point tags have a null value, the interface should be able to designate this as a Zeroth State.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PI BES Interface (i.e. PI EMDVB): aliasing of Unit Names

Currently the interface creates PI UnitBatches or Event Frames associated to Units (PI Units or AF Elements) determined by some placeholders specified at the "Unit Procedure" level; the default is "[AREA]\[PROCESSCELL]\[UNIT]".
    Moreover the interface properly created a PI MDB or AF structure under an alternate module path, specified in "Batch Setup" section (/SMP parameter).

It would be useful to have a way to specify different Units instead of the one determined by the [UNIT] placeholder (at least).
    As an example, suppose we want to register unit batches for a PI Unit called Reactor1" when the [UNIT] placeholder values "U6-K54100", and…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete mode in Wonderware InBatch interface

When run in delete mode for WWInBatch interface, it uses the data source as the system of record--any open batch in SQL will be deleted. However, as abandoned or done  batches are open in WonderWare but closed in PI, the interface may delete batches in PI that are still open in the source. It would be helpful if the interface gave the option of using PI as the system of record regarding batch end times.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. EFGEN - Allow Zeroth State strings to be used with Digital-type Active Points

When my EFGen Active Point tags have a type of digital, the interface should allow certain digital states to be designated as a Zeroth State.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PI Event Frames Generator - Fix 'merge consecutive' in PIBAGEN mode.

To enable us to move from PIBAGEN to EF Gen interface, we need 'merge consecutive' to work when running  in PIBAGEN mode. Currently none of this functionality is working, and the following known issues is already found.

119695 - Merge consecutive at unit procedure level does not merge all consecutive unit procedures.
    124407 - Unit Procedures may be improperly merged in PIBaGenCompatibility mode.
    119363 - Consecutive subbatches can get merged incorrectly

Please make an updated version of the 'PI Event Frames Generator' where this important functionality is working.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PI EMDVB Interface - Rename Parsed Files

PI EMDVB Interface - Rename Parsed Files.  Files that get renamed to .999 is no longer available with PI EMDVB.  This file renaming feature was very useful from a system maintenance perspective.  We would easily remove .999 from the active EVT folder and move to an offline directory.  Currently with PI EMDVB, there is no obvious visual indication that the EVT file was parsed completely.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enhance element creation to use user defined element templates

The interface can automatically create an element at each level of event frames, but the elements do not derive from a template and there is no way to specify any attributes on the element. The enhancement request is to create elements that are based off of different templates for different Event Frame levels it would allow categories, default attributes, etc. to be assigned to the elements associated with the Event Frames.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow bulk editing for EFGen

Allow a way to bulk edit EFGen configuration, preferably in a spreadsheet format.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Batch Framework Interfaces - Officially support fanning tag data to a PI Collective

Unlike other PI interfaces, the Batch Framework Interfaces do not use buffering. If the interface loses connection to the PI Data Archive, the interface continues collecting data and stores it in its local cache. The PI Batch Database is primary-only so it did not make sense to fan data to other PI Collective members. However, this is no longer a consideration if Event Frames are being written. There should be an officially tested and supported way to fan tag data to a PI Collective.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Batch Framework Interfaces - [TIME] placeholder should consider whether TS=LCL is configured

Batch Framework Interfaces - [TIME] and [TIMESTAMP] placeholders should consider whether TS=LCL is configured (meaning the interface is processing incoming events as Local Time). Currently, values of these placeholders always show up as GMT timestamps.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED