PI Interfaces

Welcome to the PI Interfaces feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Interfaces?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DeltaV Smart Connector configurability

Smart Connector foo DeltaV should let user configure some default attributes for tags created:
    - User should be able to define what the default point security should be
    - User should be able to decide if tags should be created as Poll or Advise

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CA ISO Interface - Allow conversion of timestamp values (i.e. InstructionStart) from UTC to local time

Currently, the interface does not have any means to convert timestamp values (i.e. not the actual timestamps corresponding to values), such as InstructionStart, to account for timezone differences.  Therefore, the timestamps have to be manually adjusted to account for timezone differences once it reaches the archives. 

Having to manually adjust the timestamp causes issues further down the line, such as with PItoPI, and creates unnecessary overhead in AF to do said conversion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. PI Interface for IEEE C37.118 support for Analog data Signed and Unsigned 16-bit Integers

The IEEE specification of the IEEE C37.118 protocol does not specify if analog data should be singed or unsigned for 16-bit integers. The currently the PI Interface for IEEE C37.118 represents these values as exclusively unsigned. Both types should be configurable in the interface

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Suppress creation of an AF Element hierarchy

As a PI Admin, I may have already created a AF Element Hierarchy corresponding to my BES or MES source data. Therefore I have no need for the interface to create a new AF Elements and I would like to suppress this completely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add subscribeCOV support to BACnet Interface

My device only supports SubscribeCOV, but the PI Interface for BACnet only supports SubscribeCOVProperty. I would like the PI Interface for BACnet to support SubscribeCOV like the PI Connector for BACnet already does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. For PItoPI interface having a source PI-HA collective, allow failover on source automatically.

This enhancement would allow the PItoPI interface to treat a source PI collective as a collective, rather than requiring PItoPI failover to be specified for collective members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI to PI Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Parameter for restarting the interface if no connection to the OPC server can be established after a defined period of time

We use the Phoenix Contact Firewall with the OPC Inspector. When the OPC server restarts or breaks the connection for a few seconds, the firewall blocks all ports except port 135. After initial connection through this port, new firewall rules are dynamically established for DCOM connections. If connection break to OPC Server we have to restart interface manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Interface for OPC DA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide support for Modbus function code 20

Provide support for Modbus function code 20

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Modbus Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Batch interface to support slightly different parsing logic

Some of the fields incoming from the DCS are user entered and prone to errors. Please allow for the option to include slightly different logics to be able to filter out those user errors (such as empty spaces at the end of the string, etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OPC interface retries sending InstrumentTag/ItemID to OPC Server

The idea is to have PI Interface for OPC DA/HDA to be able to send again Instrument Tag/Item ID after a configurable time when OPC Server is not able to resolve it (AddItem failed). This would be a workaround for an OPC server issue and would help customers avoid the need to restart interface or modify affected tags in order to have tag incorporated into interface's list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Interface for OPC DA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. POINDexter app be modified such that addresses beyond 64000 can be used

POINDexter application be modified such that addresses beyond 64000 are able to be ‘tested’ / polled, rather than having to configure a tag to read those registers

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Modbus Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Conversion Factor with PItoPI interface

I would like to use a Conversion Factor for some PI Points that retrieve data via PI to PI. For example, on the source server the data is in volts. I would like to convert this data to kilo volts on the destination server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SNMP Interface to support using multiple types of encryption such as DES, 3DES, and AES-128 bit, AES-192 bit, and AES-256 bit.

SNMP Interface should support using multiple types of encryption such as DES, 3DES, and AES-128 bit, AES-192 bit, and AES-256 bit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support string tags in PI Interface for CSI UCOS

The newest version of UCOS now supports string tags.  Currently the CSIUCOS interface (1.0.0.22 as of writing) does not support these types of tags.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PI-SNMPTrap interface request support for SNMPv3 trap

PI-SNMPTrap interface currently only has support for SNMPv1 and SNMPv2C trap. Feature request for PI-SNMPTrap interface to include support for SNMPv3 trap.

Monitoring of snmp traps originating from CISCO switch devices require support for SNMPv3 trap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PI Interface for GE HABConnect support of SCTIME request

Currently, the PI Interface for GE HABConnect supports FLDTIME requests, which provides the timestamp of the field device.  In the absence of this, the default is the timestamp of the Sampler when HAB API makes an unsolicited update to the interface. 

If SCTIME was a request that was supported, the timestamp that the sampler received data from the field device could be returned instead.  This would be helpful for two reasons. 

1.  As an alternative to FLDTIME: SCTIME would standardize the timestamps coming in when field devices are not on synced time clocks

2.  As an alternative to the update…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Source and destination tag mapping list

Customer would like the ability to have PItoPI create a list of tags that includes the FULL name of the source tags, as well as the destination tags they are mapped to.  This will greatly assist in managing tags that are being sent to a remote customer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UFL Interface - Option for PRINT statement to not write to PI SDK log

I use PRINT statements in my UFL ini files to help identify points that need to be created or edited in our PI System. The ini file has useful parameters to help me manage the size of UFL logs on the disk. Unfortunately all the PRINT messages also get written to the PI SDK log. All these messages cause the log files to grow to very large sizes (a few hundred MB daily). It also makes the logs difficult to read if we need to find another issue.

Could we have the option to have PRINT write only to the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UFL Interfaces  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED