PI Developer Technologies

Welcome to the PI Developer Technologies feedback page!  

This forum covers the PI AF SDK, PI Web API, PI OPC DA and HDA Servers, and the PI SQL family. We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Developer Technologies for you?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add bulk delete methods in the Web API

As a PI Web API user, I would like a simple method to perform bulk deletes of a particular attribute or PI tag. Currently, a bulk delete requires 2 calls. One to retrieve the event I wish to delete and another to delete it.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Web API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a PI Collective member info PI WebAPI controller

As an end-user, I want to be able to see to which PI Collective member I am connecting to. I also want to be able to toggle programmatically from one PI Collective member to the other so I can make sure the informaiton I am seeing is aligned and in synch accross all PI Collective members without going into thick PI clients or through log files.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Align time series when requesting PlotValues with streamset

When requesting time series data for multiple attributes using a streamset request and the PlotValues endpoint, it would be helpful if the response had the timestamps all lined up. This makes it easier to render the data, particularly if the data is being visualized in a stacked area series.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we would like to do but the nature of PlotValues makes this difficult to do if not impossible. The PlotValues endpoint returns a time series with the most visually significant values for each pixel on a display. Even though the data values are actual recorded values, the values from different data streams have nothing to do with each other. The timestamps for different streams probably won’t line up.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED